• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you urine while sitting or standing

• I sit

Votes: 560 61.5%
  • I stand and aim red

Votes: 126 13.8%
  • I stand and aim blue

Votes: 26 2.9%
  • I stand and aim green

Votes: 79 8.7%
  • I stand and aim yellow

Votes: 119 13.1%

• Total voters

Lion

Banned
Jul 7, 2020
Proud of you, era... in your own home and in others tbh sitting is the way. splashing piss all over the room is just not cool.

Y2FtYTFxMTJVaWdzZkx3Z1NGcFMuanBn.jpg

But like if your sink is right beside it, there will be intermittent drops that reach that far. I just don't really know why given the option between the two, you would choose to stand.
Unseen micro droplet of (totally sterile) urine = not work worrying about

Jakten

Oct 25, 2017
Devil World, Toronto
This is the least of the worries considering how many men leave the restroom without washing thier hands. Not to mention pissing on the toilet seats rendering sitting impossible.

But most importantly washing hands. Especially in Japan - though I can't entirely blame them considering that some bathrooms expect you to bring your own soap which is just bonkers.

Also this reminds me of the time I walked into a Shibuya station restroom and there was a salaryman standing in the middle of the room with his pants down to his ankles and I almost walked past him until I realized he was actually taking a piss in the urinal about 3-4 feet away from him. He super did not care that I walked in and he was totally mostly pissing on the floor.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Outside my house: stand to piss
Inside my house: sit to piss and shitpost on the internet for 30 mins

UltimusXI

Oct 27, 2017
who pissing 7 times a day?
Is that really so much? I do it once when I get up in the morning, about three or four times at work and once or twice at home in the evening. Then once right before bed. So that's definitely 6, most of the time 7, sometimes 8 as well.

I notice I need to pee most after having a couple of cups of tea in the morning. I don't drink coffee (heard say that dehydrates or so?) so maybe that's why?

totowhoa

Oct 25, 2017
Probably half the time I piss outside in my backyard and enjoy nature.

So many noobs in this poll.

I pee standing up inside too. It's not harming anybody. I clean my bathroom. There's not some kinda piss epidemic to worry about

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Sitting is the obvious choice. Even at a public toilet if it isn't filthy, because you'll just spray your piss on your pants and shoes while standing.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I sit and stand, depends on if I just want a quick pee or not.

Guess I'm a rare breed. I aim green to the left.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
My preference is to stand a bit closer to my toilet and aim down. I don't get how folks are dribbling piss from the bowl to the floor when the stream slows.

The micro splash whatever is always going to exist even when flushing. I just put the lid down and try not to piss everywhere.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
My preference is to stand a bit closer to my toilet and aim down. I don't get how folks are dribbling piss from the bowl to the floor when the stream slows.

I'd explain the physics but it's funnier when you get old and find out for yourself.

At work I'm convinced people are just unloading all over the floor instead of even trying for the urinal.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
It may not be the cleanest but it's convenient.

If a little pee splashes, you can either burn the house down and start over, or simply wipe it up.

Starphanluke

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 15, 2017
I don't use public restrooms, so I sit whenever I use the restroom (99% of the time at home in my clean bathroom).

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
40+ years, not dead, gonna not worry about it.

The real news here is 7 times a day. What?

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
At work I sit because I don't want piss splashback on my pants from the urinal. At home I could go either way; depends on how much of a hurry I'm in.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sitting is weak and unmanly.

Very little actually splashes out the bowl, and the substance that does is not just urine but also water from the bowl. If it was as big an issue as they make out, you would get urine steins all over the wall, and toilets would smell of piss, which in my experience didn't happen.
So the toilet needs to be wiped occasionally - big deal.

Pissing standing up is much more satisfying. Nothing beats the pleasure of standing up and having a slash after a few pints of beer.
Your toxic masculinity is showing

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's true the droplets are minor for any one case of urination, but if you ever walked into a heavily trafficked public restroom (like at a train station) and got assaulted by the heavy stench of urine you now know why, it builds up over time and forms a thin, invisible film over your restroom that you will eventually have to clean up.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
You stand, you get pee on the floor, pee on your legs/pants/trousers, pee on your shoes if you're an animal and wear shoes indoors

just logical to sit in your own home.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Did not expect these poll results. The only dude I know who sits just to pee happens to be a Japanese friend, actually. Haha.

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
Normally stand to pee. Not taking the time to unbuckle and pull down jeans so I can sit down to piss when I could just whip the dong out and finish in 10 seconds.

I made it to 36 yrs old without dying of Urine poisoning, I think I'll be fine.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Unseen micro droplet of (totally sterile) urine = not work worrying about
Absolutely worth worrying about. That shit reaches your walls, tiny amounts but it builds up. How often do you scrub your walls?

Sitting all the way. Grew up standing for no. 1 but shortly after getting first my own apartment I switched to sitting and never looked back.

I still do appreciate when an opportunity for outdoor pissing arises though (like a party in a huge garden).

Public bathrooms are a different story, too.

Last edited:

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'd explain the physics but it's funnier when you get old and find out for yourself.

At work I'm convinced people are just unloading all over the floor instead of even trying for the urinal.

That's the thing: Some people just don't care. But with just the slightest bit of effort one can mitigate urinating on the floor when standing to relieve oneself.

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
One reason I have a water bottle in the bathroom to clean the orphaned sprinkles or I use a wet paper towel.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Standybois get so defensive when you tell em to sit. It's okay friends, your big juicy wieners won't fall off just because you bend your knees.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Sit at home, urinal in public. My son got into the habit of standing because it was faster but I managed to convert him by making him clean up the floor when he missed/sprayed. No idea why anyone would prefer spraying pee all over their bathroom to save maybe 4 seconds vs sitting.