• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
DOFJLOtVAAAyyVv.jpg

ARMS_Cobutter said:
本日は史跡観光のレポートをお届けします! 夏休みのカフェストリートのレポートではカメラを壊すという失態を演じましたが…今回は頑張ります! さて、森の奥深くに眠るこの遺跡… ARMS協会の設立よりもはるか以前から、"のびーる"格闘が開催されてきた、神聖な格闘場らしいですよ!

And here's the official English translation of the quote, courtesy of the Nintendo Versus Twitter page.
Nintendo Versus said:
Interested in a history lesson from your pal Biff? Believe it or not, these temple grounds have been the site of fighting matches since long before the #ARMS League even existed. What a serene location for non-stop action!
If someone can bring a proper English translation, I'll gladly add it to the OP. And in case you're curious, here are the datamined codenames (the bolded already have characters attached to them).
Belt (Max Brass)
Chain
Coil
DNA (Helix)
Hair (Twintelle)
Mee (Min Min)
Mummy (Mummy)
Ninja (Ninjara)

Plant
Police (Byte & Bark)
Ribbon (Ribbon Girl)

Robo
Scroll
Snake (Kid Cobra)
Spring (Spring Man)

Sumo
Surprise
Sweet (Lola Pop)
Twintale
Worker (Mechanica)
Assuming that this holds true, this possible new character could very well fill the "Plant" placeholder. I think "Robo" is Springtron, but I wasn't able to find any confirmation of this (if someone can chime in on that, it'd be greatly appreciated).

Sources: ARMS_Cobutter (Twitter), Nintendo Versus (Twitter)

Last edited:

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
We've been waiting awhile for the plant one, so I'm definitely thinking they're up next now!

Enforced

Oct 26, 2017
If they are going to reveal a new character. Then, they better not take too long to add the character after the reveal this time like Lola pop.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I swear I remember hearing before this game came out that there would be a flower themed Arms fighter is that who plant is on the leaked list? Also with barely any context to go off and a screenshot with a Bing translated tweet. I think this stage belongs to Scroll.

TZchassis

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they add a new mode with this update. We got Hedlock Scramble with the ver 2.0 so I thought they would always do that, but with ver 3.0+ all we got where the stats and pins.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I hope they add a new mode with this update. We got Hedlock Scramble with the ver 2.0 so I thought they would always do that, but with ver 3.0+ all we got where the stats and pins.
In fairness, they did (more recently) add the Springtron fight into grand prix, so that can still be counted as an addition during the version 3 wave. If this is indeed a new stage and the character/ARMS to go with it, then it'll mean the coming of version 4.

Anyway, a while back there was already the twitter image of some eyes peering out of a tangle of vines (? Or a shrub or something else, from what I remember), so that with this ancient temple looking place definitely leads me to think that this is most likely "Plant" that we'd be getting. The only setting that might make more sense than an old overgrown temple might be a literal garden.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
yay more Arms! Happy to see the new character doesn't seem to be the Springman guy from the last update.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
本日は史跡観光のレポートをお届けします! 夏休みのカフェストリートのレポートではカメラを壊すという失態を演じましたが…今回は頑張ります! さて、森の奥深くに眠るこの遺跡… ARMS協会の設立よりもはるか以前から、"のびーる"格闘が開催されてきた、神聖な格闘場らしいですよ!

I'll give it a shot.

"Today I'm bringing a historic report! Sure, during the summer break I might have have a glitch in my camera during my report from Via Dolce.... but this time I'm doing it right! Today, we've found a miracle sleeping deep within the forest...the ruins of a serene and divine arena where duels 'streeeeeeeeetched' far and wide; long before the ARMS Association was even founded!"

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'll give it a shot.

"Today I'm bringing a historic report! Sure, during the summer break I might have have a glitch in my camera during my report from Via Dolce.... but this time I'm doing it right! Today, we've found a miracle sleeping deep within the forest...the ruins of a serene and divine arena where duels 'streeeeeeeeetched' far and wide; long before the ARMS Association was even founded!"
Thanks, Magnet_Man. You think it's a good enough translation for me to add it to the OP, or are you gonna work on it more?

Oct 27, 2017
Magnet_Man Nice work, thanks!
Nintendo really needs some help on their social media team.
Maybe they should hire the person running the Arby's social media.
Love Arms, can't wait!

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

Um... I guess I'll give it a shot.

"Japanese sightseeing report! The camera we were using for the summer holidays street cafe report broke, it's an unforgivable blunder... but we'll press on regardless. Anyway, deep in the forest lies these sleeping ruins... far from ARMS Federation HQ, stretch-fighting continues to be exhibited, making this place the holy ground of ARMS combat!"

i forget if there's an official term for taking up arms.

/edit pipped by magnet with a better translation orz

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sure, I don't mind. Hopefully I don't blown out but I think I got it right.

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
A Groot like character would be dope imo.
The stage looks similar to Ninjara's (which I like a lot) so I'm excited to see more of it soon.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. Finally got back to rank 17. Enjoying Arms in short bursts.

I bought Overwatch recently but it feels more like a slog to play even in quickplay versus Arms (12 players versus 2).

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Might as well post this here. Few months ago I posted this to Reddit (before any mines or leaks). New character ideas, but angled at a sequel roster, if they make one. Rather interestingly presaged an octopus named Marina before she was revealed in Splatoon 2).

Name / gender, age / location / persona /
arms made of... / home stage / special ability

**MISS LEAD** / F, 26 / Sweden / tech geek /
tangled electric cables / Server Room / long lasting charge

**MR SPOT** / M, 33 / England / handyman /
ribbed vacuum hoses / Spotlight Theater / reduce opponent's rush meter with hits and grabs

**CHUKRA** / F, 38 / Sri Lanka / yoga teacher /
stretchy elastic skin / Mystic Ruins / farthest reach

**WADE ANDRÉS** / M, 29 / Jamaica / lifeguard /
coiled beach towels / Bayside Float / long/high jump

**CAP'N NYLON & POLLY-ESTER** / F, 44 / Haiti / pirate with pet parrot /
ropes / Double-Knot Dock / Polly-Ester helps fight and block airborne opponents

**SPROUT** / M, 15 / Belgium / son of a gardener /
vines / The Greenhouse / wide grab

**LACY** / F, 21 / Canada / classical dancer /
shoelaces / Belle Arena / grab acts as tripping opponent

**PROFESSOR ASTRO** / M, 82 / Greece / astronomer /
telescopes / Planetarium / floaty low-gravity jumps

**KANDI** / F, 24 / Germany / confectioner /
candy-bead necklaces / Mallowdrome / bounce back quickly from falls

**SEÑOR MOSTACHO** / M, 61 / Spain / former bullfighter /
handlebar moustaches* / Bullring / quicker rush meter fill

**CHARADE** / F, 52 / France / mime artist /
accordion bellows / Bohemian Café / grab accompanied by fake grab motion

**LOCKEY** / M, 30 / Scotland / escaped criminal /
rolls of police tape / Old Dungeon / can evade grabs while rush meter is full

**MARINA** / F, 21 / New Zealand / surfer /
octopus tentacles / Tropical Aquarium / extra tentacles slap occasionally

**PRO VOLONE** / M, 40 / Italy / dairy farmer /
stringy melty cheese / Market Square / can grab during rush

**SCRATCH** / ? ? / USA / scarecrow /
straw / Twilight Festival / shroud of darkness when charged

**WHAMMOTH** / ? ? / Japan / giant caterpillar monster /
centipedes then butterfly wings / Mossy Hollow / at 25% turns into butterfly with attacking wings

**MECHNETIC** / F 16 / Korea / Mechanica's sister /
magnet-operated fists* / Warehouse / magnetism draw players closer

**KING CONDA** / M 51 / Brazil / Kid Cobra's father /
muscular anacondas / Jungle Park / strongest punches

**PYROMID** / ? ? / Egypt / Master Mummy's ancestor /
magic royal headcloth* / Royal Chamber / body has fire element when charged, being very close/being grabbed burns opponent

**DOUBLE HELIX** / ? ? / ? / evolved Helix /
slimy nuclear waste / Nuclear Facility / can split in two, one real, one fake

Boss 1: **HEDROK** / M&F / ? / ? /
two-headed jack-in-the-box* / Toy Factory

Boss 2: **WINGRIP** / ? ? / ? / dark angel /
wings* / Throne Room

*uses actual object(s) to fight / has normal arms

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Awesome. Finally got back to rank 17. Enjoying Arms in short bursts.

I bought Overwatch recently but it feels more like a slog to play even in quickplay versus Arms (12 players versus 2).
Better than my scrub-ass Rank 8. I've mostly been on either casual matches or fighting friends whenever I get on ARMS.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Sorry about the double-post, but we just got another teaser tweet.

DOPMliyUQAAXzbe

ARMS_Cobutter said:
この歴史の重みを感じる立派な柱!
ペタペタ触ってワタクシも歴史の一員に…ウフフ…

ところでこの柱に彫られている顔は、この地方で信仰されている神様なんだそうです。
溢れる神々しさ、にじみ出る威圧感!…そして親近感! 気のせいかちょっとワタクシに似てません? ホラ、神々しさとかが…

Rough Translation
Splendid pillars feel the weight of this history! Petapeta touch I'm also part of the history.

Uff...
By the way God is faith in the region's face has been carved into this column, it seems. Man filled with the overpowering feeling to oozing! ... And the sense of intimacy! Somehow not kinda similar to what? The Hora and divinity.