• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
fuck i thought for a hot second i had a chance of going to a Polkadot Stingray live but... actually the tickets all sold out a month ago orz

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I can make a Lucie Too live for their first album though? Lol

Same day as my Ghibli museum booking... orz

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
I think my booking is at 2 so that might work... Need to check tho

Aww fuck it's at 4pm fuuuuck

Oh whatever I'll just do both anyway I'm not going to Japan and not going to a live

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Oral Cigarettes has to be my favorite band right now. I've loved everything they've released recently. "Rei" is awesome.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I think the Oral Cigarettes has to be my favorite band right now. I've loved everything they've released recently. "Rei" is awesome.
Hell yeah, One's Again might actually be my favorite song, and the latest album grew on me a lot.
They plan on releasing a new one in a couple of months so I'm looking forward to that.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Sony just made the entire discographies for Nogizaka46 and Keyakizaka46 available on Spotify in the US. Which is insane as no Japanese music company is as tight with their music catalog as Sony.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Hiraishin live at last year Countdown Japan is the gud shit (audio quality is garbo but you can enjoy the "dancing")

I hope they plan on releasing a live DVD/BR this year (also waiting for Nogizaka's Tokyo Dome so I can bawl as they sing Kikkake to send off Himetan and Marika)

It's kinda old, but this 21 person guitar ensemble covering Keyakizaka is amazing. Bonus points for SekaAi's poetry and Fukyouwaon's "Boku wa iya da"

Last edited:

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017

I hope the corruption in the new BiS music video won't be fixed (or is intentional???) because it looks amazing. Got that beautiful early VLC Player aesthetic.

B0PYCnJ.jpg

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Don't think I'll have enough attention span to follow BiS and GANG PARADE closely (says the guy who's a hardcore Nogizaka and Keyakizaka fan) but they've been putting out some cool stuff lately.

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
yeah there's a lot of shots in that video that wouldn't even make sense without it. also, hey, I can watch BiS videos without a proxy again.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that I'm glad Pour Lui left. this is a good group dynamic and the further they distance themselves from original BiS, the better. this song is a good start.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Full version of Techi's solo just aired during School of Lock, it's neat

SEKAI NO OWARI released a MV for the English version of Stargazer, didn't expect that.

Guess they're still planning on releasing an English album (I thought they wanted to do it in 2017)

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017
that sure is a video. Don't see the point of having BiSH appear in it.

so did EMPiRE already give up on having a somewhat different sound and just turn into yet another Matsukuma group? it's not bad, but I really liked those first two songs.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Yeah it kinda lacks uniqueness but I still dig a lot. Excited for the album.

2 are already on their way to surpass The SALOVERS in my heart, so even if the latter never come back I'm happy that Furutachi is keeping the same spirit with 2.
This + Galileo Galilei coming back soon rebooting themselves = the me from 5/6 years ago is very happy

Last edited:

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
that sure is a video. Don't see the point of having BiSH appear in it.

so did EMPiRE already give up on having a somewhat different sound and just turn into yet another Matsukuma group? it's not bad, but I really liked those first two songs.
Avex solidarity, and expecting too much originality out of Matsukuma is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I like the song but yeah it's no EMPiRE is COMiNG

nocontent

Dec 29, 2017

Guess they're still planning on releasing an English album (I thought they wanted to do it in 2017)

They certainly have something with the end of the world. From literally calling yourself The End of the World over to World's End Girlfriend and on the more obscure end of the line World End Man. We can continue with games like The World Ends With You or movies such as Wonderful World End. Of course this is a forced pattern I see there, but I am surprised how quickly these examples came to me.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Thanks Sony for uploading this. Former Nogizaka46 member Itou Marika just released a photobook, and I guess they banked on that to put her last solo PV (that was on the Under album) on Youtube

It's a very sweet video, the song is great and it's worth watching even if you don't know her. Impressive single take.
Good way to send her off. Not gonna lie, it brought a tear to my eye.
I wouldn't mind her starting a solo career. She's a very creative person, and her solo PVs were always cool.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017

EDIT:

Not going to be as good as CLOUD 7 but still sounding nice.

Last edited:

Slowdive

Oct 25, 2017
Co Shu Nie about to become quite popular. They're doing the theme for the new Tokyo Ghoul series. They also deleted all their music videos? :(

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Co Shu Nie about to become quite popular. They're doing the theme for the new Tokyo Ghoul series. They also deleted all their music videos? :(

I saw the teaser, I saw the Tokyo Ghoul: Re news, I saw their new website, but goddamn I didn't see they deleted their videos. Second time they do that ;-;
Anyway, about time! Happy for them, they are amazing. At least I can hope for a new album then?

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

I didn't expect Neru, Ozeki and Koike to get a good unit song but huh, I was wrong. Sounds like a cute early Perfume song.
(Get in here Aiii )
rjHN89L.gif

Last edited:

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I love it. Probably more than the actual single if I'm honest. Miiko is obviously best girl.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
gotten super into the fin. over the last week or two. They have a live the day after I visit Japan and fly off again :T

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
D.A.N. - Chance[/MEDIA]
Been listening to it a lot, might be my favorite one by the band yet to be honest. The intro just sets the mood perfectly. Hope a new album is coming in 2018.
Also props to Yamada Kento for another cool looking music video. Dude is on fire and he's just starting. He excels at just making everything look cool, even if there's not much going on.
A few others great music videos from him :

I look forward to his music video for Hiragana Keyakizaka46 (he's been hinting at it, so that would be a swerve if it's not him huh).

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Oh man, the new Quruli is amazing. Back to their classic rock sound

I was wondering why so many musicians were raving about it on Twitter but yeah, it's great. Hope they release an album keeping the same vibe this year.

That being said, their weird hip-hop song released in 2016 was also damn good

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Saw Boris live on Sunday. If you dig their more drone metal style it would have been perfect for you cause the concert was a live show of their latest record "Dear". I'm sort of lukewarm on the record. Sometimes feels too much like a valley without enough peaks. But there are some peaks that make me go "holy cow this is really cool". Cool show. I was impressed with how the drummer takes it upon himself to sort of be the ring leader. Nice theatrics with their clothes/make up. They're pros after all. 25 years together? Gotta give em credit for just doing whatever the hell they want and still have a large following.