• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
- This is the new Star Wars title scheduled before April 2022 and according to EA Motive VP is "very unique"

Also, they are working on a brand new IP

Klaus says Motive's Montreal location (a Vancouver office is working on its own projects) is two teams working on separate projects: one "a very unique Star Wars experience" and the other "a new IP, which is a new project by a new team, effectively."

Nov 23, 2017
I'm still unclear about this one, so theres really only 3 potentially in development for next gen: Fallen Order 2, Battlefront 3, Motive's? Or 4, and the 4th is being made somewhere besides Canada?

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
bioware is stuck with anthem for another 3 years since they wont have DA4 ready until after EOFY march 2022? YIKES

A Mass Effect Remastered can happen before DA4 release and Anthem re-release.

I'm still unclear about this one, so theres really only 3 potentially in development for next gen: Fallen Order 2, Battlefront 3, Motive's?

EA Motive new SW has been confirmed
Jedi Fallen Order 2 is a possibility but not confirmed
And a new BF3 is not planned, since BF2 is doing good and keeps getting updates.

Keep in mind that the new Battlefield will release in 2021, skipping next-gen launch + on-going support for BFV and Battlefront 2.
DICE is indeed a big studio, but i doubt they are planning a new Battlefront title anytime soon.

Nov 23, 2017

And a new BF3 is not planned, since BF2 is doing good and keeps getting updates.

Keep in mind that the new Battlefield will release in 2021, skipping next-gen launch + on-going support for BFV and Battlefront 2.
DICE is indeed a big studio, but i doubt they are planning a new Battlefront title anytime soon.
You're right, but I promise we'll see a next gen based Battlefront, even if its long ways out. They probably really want to utilize the CPU way more and now they can.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
ea motive publicly confirmed that it was making a new star wars game a year ago

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Thanks EA for waiting for like 6 years before doing anything interesting with the Star Wars IP

Coming on the heels of the excellent reception for Jedi Fallen Order and the current state of Battlefront 2. You couldn't resist injecting unnecessary negativity, could you?

saying this stuff as if games are made in a day.

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
They have been openly hiring poeple for a Star Wars projekt for at least a year now.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017

Wait so was Orca Amy Hennig's Star Wars game? And now JS is saying the team that picked up the bones of that is no longer working on it?

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
So people responsible for Battlefront's 2 campaign...? Yikes.
In their defense, they cobbled that shit together in a year, and only because EA demanded it. This one should hopefully be a much more well thought out and better executed game.

Wait so was Orca Amy Hennig's Star Wars game? And now JS is saying the team that picked up the bones of that is no longer working on it?
Amy's game was Ragtag, and I believe Orca was the name of the project where they were trying to salvage anything they could from what had already been built for Ragtag.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
if we dream together it has to come true.

I don't even mean like a 1 to 1 remake but, you know, another game like that would be awesome. Across eras too because I wanna fly everything.
The potential was established with the VR X-Wing mission in SWBF (2015), it's crazy that there hasn't been a follow-up of that.

FreeangelGP05

Oct 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC

Orca was EA Vancouver's (Visceral Games old Ragtag Star Wars game) cancelled Star Wars game. EA Motive worked on Battlefront II campaign and is working on this new Star Wars game. They have probably been working on it since Battlefront II launched, maybe even before that.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Fallen Order was really good so I hope it's in the same vein (single-player action/adventure) rather than some multiplayer GaaS, but, I am not holding my breath either.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Coming on the heels of the excellent reception for Jedi Fallen Order and the current state of Battlefront 2. You couldn't resist injecting unnecessary negativity, could you?

Fallen Order was indeed excellent and one of my favorite releases this year, that being said it's more than fair to criticize EA for the utter dearth of SW games this generation given their resources, ability to outsource projects to smaller studios, and the fact that we're almost done with a whole frickin trilogy of new SW movies having been released. Maybe its been a mandate from Lucasfilm but not even exploring smaller non AAA titles seems like its been a huge miss too.

In terms of production budget its apples to oranges but look at the glut of SW games we got during the prequel trilogy initial release, it's nuts compared to what we've had this gen. I know shit gets canceled more often than making it to retail but even so it feels like EA have mismanaged holding the reigns of the license to a large degree, and I hope someone else gets a shot at handling it for next gen, or the field is widened considerably to allow a lot more devs and studios tackle the IP. A couple rather bland multiplayer shooters and one single player title is pretty lacking in the vidya space considering the immense popularity of SW in general rn and the tons of resources being poured into every other form of product consumption for it.

To be fair Vader Immortal is a thing and is pretty polished but its also very short per episode and largely feels more like a VR experience sans the lightsaber dojo mode.

Here's hoping the EA Motive game turns out well.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
bioware is stuck with anthem for another 3 years since they wont have DA4 ready until after EOFY march 2022? YIKES

Isn't BioWare Austin the ones handling the Anthem revamp? I assume Edmonton is split between helping with that, Dragon Age & the new Mass Effect that they're in pre-production for.

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018

Battlefront 2017 is one of the better Star Wars games ever no doubt, I haven't finished Fallen Order but I've been having a good time with that too. It's just weird that EA has been largely silent on the Motive project despite them gleefully showing us random shots of artists looking at screens in the studio and that sliver of in-game footage back at E3 2016. Despite their developers putting out overall great products EA bungles the announcements and early marketing of these games.

So it's not so much the lateness of the game as it is EA telling us about these games years before they are ready to be shown. And yes I know other publishers do the same thing but EA is EA and they make it very easy to be frustrated with them.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
idk how a remaster absolves BW of being stuck with Anthem until DA4. It likely wouldn't even be them that does it. It's very rare for the main studio to do it's own remaster.
we know from JS they're rebooting it basically. Sticking with it worked for Bungie, and I'd say that Anthem had more pieces in place at this point than D1 did. But also, I agree, yikes.
Anthem and Destiny are not comparable IMO. Anthem was maligned even before it's official launch because of the early access. Destiny had a myriad of complaints but it was never in the space Anthem is in right now. Even at their lowest Destiny was still a thing. Anthem might as well not even exist right now. It doesnt really occupy any headspace besides when ppl talk about how much of a fuckup it is or are discussing the supposed 2.0 reboot.
Isn't BioWare Austin the ones handling the Anthem revamp? I assume Edmonton is split between helping with that, Dragon Age & the new Mass Effect that they're in pre-production for.
Idk who is "handling" the reboot, but we do know that Austin are the ones currently keeping anthem afloat yes. As for Edmonton it's likely 90% of the studio on DA4 and the rest scraping together whatever the next ME is. But regardless, it still leaves Bioware with nothing their name is on besides Anthem between now and then. Well i guess you can also count SWTOR.

SavoyPrime

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina USA
Dragon Age not until 2022...

giphy.gif

Oct 29, 2017
Battlefront 2017 is one of the better Star Wars games ever no doubt, I haven't finished Fallen Order but I've been having a good time with that too. It's just weird that EA has been largely silent on the Motive project despite them gleefully showing us random shots of artists looking at screens in the studio and that sliver of in-game footage back at E3 2016. Despite their developers putting out overall great products EA bungles the announcements and early marketing of these games.

So it's not so much the lateness of the game as it is EA telling us about these games years before they are ready to be shown. And yes I know other publishers do the same thing but EA is EA and they make it very easy to be frustrated with them.

Wasnt that sliver of footage from the cancelled game?

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Fallen Order has the single player thing locked up. So I'm thinking a more casual game, maybe a 4 player LEGO like romp.