Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
I like learning about the rumor and having its debunking in the same tweet. Saves some time.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
I mean Sucker Punch already came out and said no one is working on Sly Cooper. This should have never been a rumour to begin with.

Buzzkiller_20

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't even know there was a rumor about Sly Cooper. Truly a shocking moment right now though.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
f274a96d8fc4572d4a33dcb29eb414a99eaead29_00.gif

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
  • Sucker Punch openly stated back in July 2022 that there was no Sly Cooper games in development, nor were there any plans for one
  • Jeff Grubb specifically stated he was speculating. He in no way claimed or implied that was he was saying was based on inside information
It's ridiculous how many people bought into this stuff. Reading/hearing comprehension of an 8 year old.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
  • Sucker Punch openly stated back in July 2022 that there was no Sly Cooper games in development, nor were there any plans for one
  • Jeff Grubb specifically stated he was speculating. He in no way claimed or implied that was he was saying was based on inside information
It's ridiculous how many people bought into this stuff. Reading/hearing comprehension of an 8 year old.

sometimes leakers leak. sometimes they speculate. y'all need to learn how to figure out which is which

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020

Yes but then we're just making threads about what people are randomly saying.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
I'm a huge Sly Cooper fan but I don't need another one. Honestly I just wish Sony would make native PS4/PS5 versions of all their PS2 and PS3 franchises. It's a shame we got a lot of collections made for PS3 and they are stuck there.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Y'all made that rumor up yourself lol. In this instance, Grubb specifically said he hopes Sly Cooper is in development, not that he knows it is.

beebop

May 30, 2023
People need to show a bit of consideration and self discipline when leaping into creating new threads.

boogerbrain51

Nov 3, 2020
I knew it, like all those Jeff grub rumors aren't for the present. Cuz all those rumors sound like a fanboy YouTube video

Vic20

Nov 10, 2019
Is ghost taking longer than expected?, the game came out 4 years ago, they shipped the ps5 port plus the big dlc 3 years ago.

The sequel is getting revealed soon, what's taking longer than expected exactly?

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Cynical but "you know it's true" take: Even in a timeline where SP was working on two projects, the second one still wouldn't be Sly Cooper.

Would probably just be another inFAMOUS (which, admittedly, I'll play the hell out of)

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
Reading comprehension is truly at an all-time low. Grubb didn't say the game was in the works. Stop getting yourselves worked up.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
Grubb even says that he hopes the wait for a new Sucker Punch game is because of a new Sly Cooper, he doesn't say it is or that there's a new game being developed, he just say he hopes that's why.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
My interpretation is:

• Grubb purely speculated that Sucker Punch were hopefully working on something Sly related because of the fact we still haven't seen GoT2.

• He went on to say "there's smoke" but this was incredibly poorly worded, and the smoke he was referring to was Sucker Punch not having shown anything GoT2 related, implying they're clearly working on something.

• People understandably then got confused and assumed this was more than pure wishful thinking.

Either way, feels pretty obvious there's nothing Sly related in the works, and while Grubb was clear about this being pure wishful thinking he should have been clearer about the whole smoke comment, or just not said it at all.