• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Sony had meaningful family oriented games, we'd see more of them in larger quantities like the games they make for teens and adults. Sony has not cared about the family market since the PS2/PSP. PS1/PS2/PSP were the generations Sony had and even made every type of game, they were not at all different from Nintendo or Sega with the amount of genres they worked in. They even brought new experiences that were not the norm in the industry during those times too.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
This is what The PlayStation Division deems appropriate depictions of minors. Just in case anyone needs reminding.

World Witches: United Front

Eshigami no Kizuna

Sora no Umi to Aida

Assy Grass

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 30, 2021
Wayforward is not a part of sie, it's Sony music

edit: obviously not making defenses for the actual depictions in those games but just clarifying a distinction

edit 2: I was wrong never mind

Last edited:

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe I worded it wrong. What I was saying was that if Sony finds Days Gone 2 to be a risk (which to me isn't what I would call a risk) than I don't have much confidence in them greenlighting a game like The Last Guardian 2 or Bloodborne 2, which is by all means much less safe than a Days Gone 2. I never insinuated that I didn't want new ideas. Just what to get an idea of the threshold of what Sony considers a risk.
Sony's greenlit sequels to games that sold well but bombed critically before and I don't think it's ever turned out well, just look at Knack, so Sony might've thought Days Gone 2 was a risk in that sense, not realising that all the patches have cleaned it up a lot and opinions started becoming a lot more positive. Or maybe the Days Gone 2 pitch just wasn't that good and failed to convince them, it's impossible to say.

But Shu made it perfectly clear that TLG's budget was nowhere near the typical US or European AAA budget, so let's not pretend like we're talking about the same thing.

The fact Sony's made Days Gone a PS+ game (twice even) and are porting it to PC does prove the IP is far from dead, so I'm fully expecting it to return at some stage.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wayforward is not a part of sie, it's Sony music
ForwardWorks is owned by Sony Interactive Entertainment

www.theverge.com

Sony forms new company to make PlayStation mobile games

The Verge is about technology and how it makes us feel. Founded in 2011, we offer our audience everything from breaking news to reviews to award-winning features and investigations, on our site, in video, and in podcasts.

What you might be thinking is Aniplex, which is owned by Sony Music and publishes stuff like Fate/Grand Order.

Assy Grass

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 30, 2021
ForwardWorks is owned by Sony Interactive Entertainment

www.theverge.com

Sony forms new company to make PlayStation mobile games

The Verge is about technology and how it makes us feel. Founded in 2011, we offer our audience everything from breaking news to reviews to award-winning features and investigations, on our site, in video, and in podcasts.

What you might be thinking is Aniplex, which is owned by Sony Music and publishes stuff like Fate/Grand Order.
Fowardworks is SIE, not SME. It's the PlayStation group's mobile studio.

Pretty interesting they deem suitable to publish, so long as it's someone else's platform. The primary platform for children to game on too, really makes you think.
Okay ya I got my wires crossed, sorry about that thanks for the correction

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fowardworks is SIE, not SME. It's the PlayStation group's mobile studio.

Pretty interesting they deem suitable to publish, so long as it's someone else's platform. The primary platform for children to game on too, really makes you think.

Sony Computer Entertainment to Announce the Formation of Forwardworks Corporation

Tokyo, March 24, 2016 – Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. that will change its company name to Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. (SIE) effective Friday, April 1st, 2016, announced today the formation of ForwardWorks Corporation (ForwardWorks), a new company that is aimed to deploy new services...

If there was any doubt here's the press release from SIE's website for when Forwardworks was founded.

tazmin

Oct 30, 2017
Well I can't back it up for MS. So far XBox does not really have any notable exclusive games - family friendly or otherwise. But they do continue to be a hub for Roblox (one of the biggest games in existence) and Sea of Thieves.

As for Sony, since PS5 launch they have Sackboy, Bugsnax, Astro's Playroom, and Ratchet and Clank next month. I'm not sure if Miles Morales and Destruction All-Stars should be counted.

In that time span Nintendo has had (and now removed) the Mario 3D collection, the Mario 3D world port, and Pokemon Snap is coming soon (and Mario Golf in the Summer). I'm not sure if Hyrule Warriors and Monster Hunter Rise count as family friendly games.

I'm being pretty generous by counting the Nintendo ports. With those considered I think the comparison is fairly even.
That's some high level pretzels bending mental gymnastics I've seen on this site

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
This thread has seemed to run its course, and as such will be locked. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.