Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Are people really that sure we're going to see Spiderman 2? We all know Sony would love to show it here, but it feels too soon.
Considering that the first game was revealed at E3 2016, two years before launch (and two years into development), I feel it's pretty likely we'll see Spiderman 2.
We're more likely to see a full reveal for Ratchet & Clank 2.

Spider-Man 2 does feel too early, but there's a chance of Sony feeling bold and opting for a "one more thing…" teaser trailer.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
There are lots of countries where professional TV-level studio productions are ongoing, and have been for a long time. If it's done in Europe it should be no problem, for example.

May 31, 2018
Man, maybe I'm missing something here, but I would think you'd want to empty the entire barrel at a reveal event. Everything that comes after just doesn't feel as important as what was in the initial event.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
i still think SH, Horizon 2, and Demons Souls all in one event is still asking a lot.

it's still safer than other folks on here being like "here's my conservative prediction" with pie in the sky lists unironically with every megaton Sony could possibly need.

For sure, it's a lot! It's not like I'm going to be disappointed if they don't all show up. I'm mostly saying the timing is right for those three in particular. It would be pretty spectacular if it comes to pass

Spicy Noodles

May 29, 2018
I have a feeling that Sony is going to show exclusive FPS game. ps3 we got killzone 2, ps4 was killzone shadow fall for ps5 new killzone or new FPS ip

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Practically a given:
  • Silent Hill reboot
  • Horizon Zero Dawn 2
  • Bluepoint remake
  • Gran Turismo 7
Not a given, but pretty likely:
  • Something from Insomniac, whether that be a Ratchet and Clank game, Spider-Man 2, or both.
  • Resident Evil 8
  • Bethesda (Hey you, you're finally awake! You were trying to cross the border, right?)
50/50
  • Call of Duty 2020
  • New IP
  • New Kojima game
  • Smart Delivery
Not happening:
  • God of War 2
  • PSVR
  • Price
I'd say COD is 99% imo

OP
OP
Tovarisc

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Disclaimer: Mockup, not official communication.

I could see them announcing the event via a rather simple infographic like this:

psm_20pyko1.png

I am not expecting any greater announcement video like the one PlayStation Meeting 2013 got: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g82C4Nu_Jq8[/B]

So how long before thist mockup hits gaming twitter, Reddit and then sites like IGN?

Hour?

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Super hyped for this if true. If Sony gives me new Ratchet & Clank and Silent Hill, I will be over the moon.

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
I just see it being

Silent Hills
Gran Turismo 7
Bluepoint teaser
Fifa

for the big names

then we might see a couple indies and thats it.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
If Sony shows Demon's Souls, Horizon 2, and Ratchet & Clank, then it's a perfect event from my perspective, regardless of whether they show anything else.

I don't know if I expect all of them, well I expect to at least learn what Bluepoint's doing, but that trio is honestly what would make me content with the event. First party games are going to be the best representation of what the new console can do and those 3 rumored games would each be great from a gameplay perspective as well.

Oct 25, 2017
My guesses for the event
  • Bluepoint Remake Reveal (launch game)
  • Ratchet and Clank 2 (launch game)
  • Godfall (launch game)
  • Silent Hills Reboot (Teaser)
  • 1 Big AAA First party game possibly Horizon 2 (launch year)
  • I could see a Gran Turismo 7 announcement because next gen cars are always a thing but probably not launching this year.
  • Probably a couple smaller 3rd party games.
I think if you go in expecting more than something like this you're going to be disappointed. This could even be an over estimation.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Practically a given:
  • Silent Hill reboot
  • Horizon Zero Dawn 2
  • Bluepoint remake
  • Gran Turismo 7
Not a given, but pretty likely:
  • Something from Insomniac, whether that be a Ratchet and Clank game, Spider-Man 2, or both.
  • Resident Evil 8
  • Bethesda (Hey you, you're finally awake! You were trying to cross the border, right?)
50/50
  • Call of Duty 2020
  • New IP
  • New Kojima game
  • Smart Delivery
Not happening:
  • God of War 2
  • PSVR
  • Price

This seems like a reasonable, tempered expectation. As someone excited for Silent Hill & GT7, both of those at launch would probably be enough for me to secure a pre-order.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The age of Knack memes is dead and buried. The obelisk-meets-Canadian-South-Park-character died a painful death upon the release of Knack 2 and is now rotting in the fires of Hell. Let his scorched remains stay there in eternal agony.

Knack 2 was a good game, nay a great game. Search your heart, you know it is true.

Knack 3 will be a striking achievement for Sony and the PlayStation 5 Computer Entertainment System.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
My guesses for the event
  • Bluepoint Remake Reveal (launch game)
  • Ratchet and Clank 2 (launch game)
  • Godfall (launch game)
  • Silent Hills Reboot (Teaser)
  • 1 Big AAA First party game possibly Horizon 2 (launch year)
  • I could see a Gran Turismo 7 announcement because next gen cars are always a thing but probably not launching this year.
  • Probably a couple smaller 3rd party games.
I think if you go in expecting more than something like this you're going to be disappointed. This could even be an over estimation.
I could also see them doing a GT next gen concept like they did with the PS3. Maybe not a formal GT7 announcement and trailer but just Next Gen Gran Turismo.

Add in CoD and yeah the above is probably around what we should expect.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hype!..........Hype!..Hype!.....Hype!....
Hype!Hype!Hype!....Hype...Hype!......
Hype!..........Hype!.........Hype!............

Hype!Hype!Hype!..Hype!Hype!Hype!
Hype!..........Hype!..Hype!...................
Hype!.....................Hype!...................
Hype!.....................Hype!Hype!Hype!
Hype!.....................Hype!Hype!Hype!

tenor.gif

That feeling when your about to finally see Sonys Next Gen PS5 exclusives.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
For sure, it's a lot! It's not like I'm going to be disappointed if they don't all show up. I'm mostly saying the timing is right for those three in particular. It would be pretty spectacular if it comes to pass

oh i gotcha, yeah, those should have all had plenty of time to get to a point where AT VERY LEAST their existence is confirmed. i won't be disappointed either, but i would REALLY REALLY like at least a teaser for a new Ratchet. :D

DemiOrpheus

Banned
May 9, 2020
FEAR OF BLOOD TENDS TO CREATE FEAR OF THE FLESH

ON THE FIRST DAY, MAN WAS GRANTED A SOUL, AND WITH IT, CLARITY

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Disclaimer: Mockup, not official communication.

I could see them announcing the event via a rather simple infographic like this:

psm_20pyko1.png

I am not expecting any greater announcement video like the one PlayStation Meeting 2013 got: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g82C4Nu_Jq8[/B]
Cool design! I would add a couple other time zones to make it more believable. Like perhaps add a PDT and British / European time.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Demon's Souls Remake
Horizon 2
Silent Hill
Resident Evil 8

Whew.

KatieKatsup

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Do we think we'll finally see hardware for this thing at the event? Excited for games (please let Silent Hill be true) but also itching to see what this dang thing looks like.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Realistic expectations:
- Demon's Souls Remake / Whatever Bluepoint is doing
- Silent Hills
- Ratchet 2
- GT7
- one showcase of graphics via Horizon 2 or Spidey 2
- RE 8
- something from Square (FF16 ten seconds teaser)

That's it.
This seems like an absurdly over the top expectation. Try picking just two of those.

DemiOrpheus

Banned
May 9, 2020
Do we think we'll finally see hardware for this thing at the event? Excited for games (please let Silent Hill be true) but also itching to see what this dang thing looks like.
there's talk of multiple events in the next few weeks/months, everything's up in the air until Sony confirms

now that the TLOU 2 state of play is over it should be any day now

Tupac_Senpai

Jan 5, 2020
Yes I want to see the new games and Console design, but also desperately want to see Sony talk about how they are going to make PS NOW better. PSNow needs to be a major focus for them as they reveal and promote the PS5.

Contranova

Oct 26, 2017
NYC
Realistic expectations:
- Demon's Souls Remake / Whatever Bluepoint is doing
- Silent Hills
- Ratchet 2
- GT7
- one showcase of graphics via Horizon 2 or Spidey 2
- RE 8
- something from Square (FF16 ten seconds teaser)

That's it.

I don't wanna hype myself, but you're onto something with that Final Fantasy 16 teaser trailer. It's been in development for at least 2 years, so this would be the perfect time to do debut it.

Honestly, I would freak out if it shows up in any form.