Brucey

Jan 2, 2018
I don't need the price or even see the box. Just give me a couple minutes of uninterrupted gameplay and I'm all good.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
I hope you're not all disappointed because they decide to do yet another Mark Cerny system architecture talk, because Mark thought he "wasn't clear on some things last time" and wanted to give it another go for old time's sake.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
While the June 3 reveal should provide the best look yet at the PS5, don't expect Sony to give every detail about its next-gen system. The company could withhold price and release timing for another date. The price for the PS5 is still especially subject to fluctuations. Sony wants to launch at a competitive price tag, but it also doesn't want to take a loss on hardware.

So then what will Sony show off next week? Expect it to focus on what is possible in next-gen games with the PlayStation 5. The company seems aware of the backlash that Microsoft faced for its first Xbox 20/20 event. Fans were unhappy with the lack of gameplay at that presentation. In response, Sony wants to rely on PS5 games that are actually running on real hardware.

venturebeat.com

Not E3: Sony is planning a PlayStation 5 event for June 3

PlayStation 5 is getting a reveal event next week. This will provide a look at next-gen games. Sony wants to focus on games running on real hardware.

So we can expect PS5 design reveal ?

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, I want to guess that they will show the console the day they announce this event. So it will be like, here is a look at the PS5 and that's not all, expect to hear more about the great games coming to PS5 at out digital presentation on June 3rd!

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Forget random Tuesdays, it's now all about random Wednesdays!

Oct 25, 2017
Just put the thing up for pre-order already. Fuck. None of this, "Here are some games, we'll reveal more including where you can get one later" stuff.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
By box I mean the hardware design.

I wouldn't expect that at this event.

Yes, by around now we'd normally see the hardware design, but we're a bit behind where we normally are. With PS4 we saw game software and controller first, and hardware and price/release-date together later.

With PS5 we've had the controller, but (basically) no software. So I expect software here - and that's what the rumour suggests. And then a little later, hardware+price+release rollout info. I think those things go together well in one event/announcement.

Hmmm you may be right, though I think it's hard to say on the delayed news angle when the launch is still set for later this year. I'm hoping you're wrong but it's not the end of the world if you're right. 😁

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
I hope we'll get info on possible next gen updates for games like TLOU2 and Ghosts, as well how Playstation will handle cross gen games in general (will they have cross save, cross buy, cross play, etc.).

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
q36SRtV.gif

Oct 27, 2017
hoping for:
  • Console design
  • Game trailers showing PS5 only titles: Horizon, Ratchet, GT Demo/Concept
  • 1-2 Third Party reveals: maybe Harry Potter, Batman, RE8, Silent Hill, Starfield, etc
  • Launch window still holiday
  • Price, why wait? If it's $399, it sets the tone that will be hard to counter. If it's $499, yeah maybe wait for Xbox to say price
  • More details on BC: plz give us more than PS4 BC, even if it's just PS1 and Ps2
  • A demo of installs/OS speed showing advantages of SSD

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I'm not as excited as I was several weeks ago. Not sure if it's me, or Sony's marketing strategy this time around just isn't clicking with me. Anyone else feel the same?
Not at all. Any burst of information sent our way is awesome, no matter how big or small. When it comes directly from Sony / Microsoft / Nintendo, it's always worth getting excited.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
My heart wants a true blowout - console design, games, UI and features, everything.

But my brain is telling me it will be just games which is the best part so I'm good with it.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
hoping for:
  • Console design
  • 1-2 Third Party reveals: maybe Harry Potter, Batman, RE8, Silent Hill, Starfield, etc
  • Price, why wait? If it's $399, it sets the tone that will be hard to counter. If it's $499, yeah maybe wait for Xbox to say price
  • More details on BC: plz give us more than PS4 BC, even if it's just PS1 and Ps2
An ERA prediction that is reasonable? Heresy

madridi-gh

Mar 25, 2018

Horizon 2 in engine

hoping for:
  • Console design

I doubt we get a price either way. This will be in the August event

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Here's what I'm expecting for it to not be a disappointing show:

• WipEout
  • Demons Souls
  • Silent Hill
  • Ridge Racer
  • Horizon 2
  • God of War 2
  • Gravity Rush 3
  • New From IP
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Resident Evil 8
  • Ratchet

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
I expect this to disappoint some but I just want to see actual next-gen gameplay. 2-3 First Party Games and 2-3 Third Party Announcements would be great.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
Finally! Not sure how i feel about a possible drip feed of info though, i want a massive blowout.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
venturebeat.com

Not E3: Sony is planning a PlayStation 5 event for June 3

PlayStation 5 is getting a reveal event next week. This will provide a look at next-gen games. Sony wants to focus on games running on real hardware.

So we can expect PS5 design reveal ?

Expect it to focus on what is possible in next-gen games with the PlayStation 5. The company seems aware of the backlash that Microsoft faced for its first Xbox 20/20 event. Fans were unhappy with the lack of gameplay at that presentation. In response, Sony wants to rely on PS5 games that are actually running on real hardware.

This is all that i want from them.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Here's what I'm expecting for it to not be a disappointing show:

• WipEout
  • Demons Souls
  • Silent Hill
  • Ridge Racer
  • Horizon 2
  • God of War 2
  • Gravity Rush 3
  • New From IP
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Resident Evil 8
  • Ratchet
LMAO

Unless this is sarcasm, then allow me to spare you a week of expectations just to be crushed hopelessly.

Edit: On second look, it's definitely sarcasm.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Big gaming news in the first week of June.
May not happen due to pandemic.

I think anybody who knows what E3 is/was could come up with that statement.