DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021
The Jim Henson Company's live-action monster tale "Grendel" has rounded out its cast with Jeff Bridges in the role of Grendel, as well as Dave Bautista as Beowulf and Bryan Cranston as King Hrothgar.

Also joining the cast are Thomasin McKenzie as Queen Wealhtheow, Aidan Turner as Unferth and, as the Shaper, T Bone Burnett, who will also provide original songs for the film.
Robert D. Krzykowski ("The Man Who Killed Hitler") directs from the screenplay he adapted from John Gardner's novel. Palisades Park Pictures, led by CEO Tamara Birkemoe, is launching international sales ahead of Cannes on the story of the legendary monster at the heart of the Beowulf epic poem who steps forward to tell his side of the tale.
Production is set to begin later this year in Europe. Jim Henson's Creature Shop will handle practical creature work and design.
variety.com

Jeff Bridges, Dave Bautista, Bryan Cranston and More Starring in Jim Henson Company’s Live-Action Monster Movie ‘Grendel’

The Jim Henson Company's 'Grendel' will star Jeff Bridges in the role of Grendel, Dave Bautista as Beowulf and Bryan Cranston as King Hrothgar

sAbobo

Dec 1, 2018
I feel like Grendel has had a lot of projects that never materialized. Hope that's not the case on this one.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Grendel is perfect for a Jim Henson Productions live action movie (with puppets). Bautista is going to be great as a dickhead, overly violent version of Beowulf.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Grendel is perfect for a Jim Henson Productions live action movie (with puppets). Bautista is going to be great as a dickhead, overly violent version of Beowulf.
I can only imagine him being elated in starring along side two of the greatest actors of our time.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
UHM what???!!! that sounds fucking amazing! This book was like a HUGE read for me - i found it accidentally at like 13/14 looking for Matt Wagner 'Grendel" comics or books or anything at my local library and they were like ... "well... we got this?"

Thank fuck the art on the cover of the old version and all the chapter art was surreal enough to get my attention and the first couple pages of the book when I realized what i was reading and from which perspective I was like "Yup! This shit is for me right here!"

Jeff Bridges eh? I wonder what kind of voice he'll land on. Theaters day 1.