• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When is the PS showcase?

• #TeamMay

Votes: 422 54.0%
  • #TeamJune

Votes: 280 35.8%
  • #TeamNoShowcase

Votes: 80 10.2%

• Total voters

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Nice. It's weird to see this least without a Nintendo Direct, though. I guess those rumors of no Nintendo Direct this year were true after all (understandably so since it'd be so close to Tears of the Kingdom).

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I could certainly use some reasons to be excited about SIE outside of Death Stranding 2.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm gonna guess sometime in May since SF6 is apparently gonna do a blowout of World Tour info based on what the devs said to EventHubs in an interview. And since EVO Japan isn't exactly the venue for that, PlayStation Showcase is the current best candidate.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Also just for reference, Grubb mentioned that this Showcase would show us what "Phase 2 of the PS5" will look like https://www.resetera.com/threads/je...ast-fall-as-developers-were-not-ready.690286/

Sony itself is saving its own actual good stuff for something else which is what's happening here, they're saving their good stuff for the PlayStation Showcase that's gonna happen before E3. It was supposed to happen last Fall but they kept pushing it back cause their developers weren't ready, but now that those developers are ready, they're going to have a massive show that really sets up the second phase of the PlayStation 5.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
It's been, what....over 1.5 years since we've had a major Playstation Showcase presentation?

This better be big. I hope they convey a clear picture of what we can expect with the PS5 over the next 2-3 years.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Honestly don't even know what I wanna see besides Factions and Spidey lol

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Next gen exclusives please, no more of this cross gen stuff. Hoping this is a great show for Sony.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
It's been, what....over 1.5 years since we've had a major Playstation Showcase presentation?

This better be big. I hope they convey a clear picture of what we can expect with the PS5 over the next 2-3 years.
Yeah, I have a feeling this is going to be a massive showcase. It's been 1.5 years since last major PlayStation showcase and that showcase's biggest announcements were: KOTOR for who knows when, Spider-Man 2 for 2023, and Wolverine for 2024. I have to imagine they have so much cooking that they haven't shown yet. Where is full length Astro game and Ghost 2 JIM!?

The only worry I have is it might be kind of heavy on live service games. Sony has 12 live service games by 2025 and we only know of TLOU Online officially?

Last edited:

Det

Jul 30, 2020
sure, but they had their "show" before SGF. They just didn't have enough (first party?) for a "showcase". It was still a really good State of Play. Like 30 min vs the 40 min 2021 showcase.

The only first party was Horizon VR and SM PC.

"PlayStation Showcase" is the actual name for their big events vs State of Plays.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Sony used to like going last at old E3s... with them going first again, you wonder if they really will go all out...or save something for a show later in the year.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Also just for reference, Grubb mentioned that this Showcase would show us what "Phase 2 of the PS5" will look like https://www.resetera.com/threads/je...ast-fall-as-developers-were-not-ready.690286/

Sony itself is saving its own actual good stuff for something else which is what's happening here, they're saving their good stuff for the PlayStation Showcase that's gonna happen before E3. It was supposed to happen last Fall but they kept pushing it back cause their developers weren't ready, but now that those developers are ready, they're going to have a massive show that really sets up the second phase of the PlayStation 5.

Wonder what they were holding back that wasn't ready. Last Fall seems like it'd be pretty early to show off Spider-man 2, for example.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I just really hope that Sony realizes that expectations are gonna be through the roof, and rightfully so. First showcase in more than a year and a half and right now out of Sony's owned studio only Insomniac has officially revealed what they're working on which is wild.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna walk in with 3 pairs of socks and I want them all to get blown off.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I really hope this happens at the beginning of the the SGF week, like on Monday or Tuesday, so we get a week straight of conferences, impressions, and demos. Would be the dream.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
In addition to that SF6 World Tour trailer (assuming the Showcase is in May), I'm thinking we'll get our next batch of Tekken 8 character announcements in this (since Sony has the marketing deal for T8).

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
The only first party was Horizon VR and SM PC.

"PlayStation Showcase" is the actual name for their big events vs State of Plays.
right. i just meant more about the timing that they hold their show prior to Keigh3. I would hope they have more first party to announce for a "showcase" this time. Even 2021's showcase was 'just' Wolverine and SM2 cgi announcements + Gt7 and GOWR gameplay. But it was chock full of PS5 exclusives outside of in house studios. I would like to see more than 4 first party games at this showcase.

- Spider-Man 2 gameplay
- Bend studio announcement
- Sucker Punch announcement
- Haven announcement
- Deviation games announcement
- Pixel Opus announcement

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
I only care about their licensed stuff at this point. Spidey 2 and Wolverine pls

Psvr2 stuff also god damn it

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
right. i just meant more about the timing that they hold their show prior to Keigh3. I would hope they have more first party to announce for a "showcase" this time. Even 2021's showcase was 'just' Wolverine and SM2 cgi announcements + Gt7 and GOWR gameplay. But it was chock full of PS5 exclusives outside of in house studios. I would like to see more than 4 first party games at this showcase.

- Spider-Man 2 gameplay
- Haven announcement
Wolverine was CG, Spider-Man 2 was running off PS5. But really it's at a point that every studio could potentially have something to show depending how far along they are and that doesn't include the numerous partnership/XDev stuff between SP and live service they can show as well. Then add the usual 3rd party onto it and this can be a pretty beefy showcase.

I normally like guessing what we'll see but there's potential for so much that I'm not even gonna bother lol. We truly don't know anything beyond Burning Shores DLC on April 19th, Spider-Man 2 in Fall 2023, TLoU Online and Wolverine.

Det

Jul 30, 2020

- Spider-Man 2 gameplay
- Haven announcement

Yeah for sure, just clarifying the name since there are comments about it vs SoP. I assume there will be quite a lot of new announcements, they've never mentioned "phases" but it really feels like it from an announcement/marketing POV.

GoW Ragnarok was the last release from their 2020 shows, and they've only announced SM2/Wolverine since then. So maybe a replication of 2020 for the next 2.5 years or so.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Final Fantasy VII-2 trailer
Bluepoint game reveal
Spiderman 2 gameplay
Death Stranding 2 gameplay
Silent Hill 2 gameplay
Dragon quest XII trailer
New ps5 model with detacheable disc drive

Lets gooooo