• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrDeveus

Apr 26, 2019
Jeff Grubb has seemed to confirm release date for Starfield, going on twitter confirming what Blessing said on KindaFunny GameCast

Blessing said he thinks Starfield is coming Spring 2022 so Q1.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
I was hoping for this holiday but that's on me and my optimism lol. At the very least maybe finding a series x by then will be a little easier.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I mean, that would make sense, it would give the game a decent time for bug-squashing and Halo is obviously going to make it this holiday, so MS already has a really big game coming out.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
So after Starfield, I guess Bethesda is going all hands on deck for Elder Scrolls VI huh.

I know ES6 is some sort of transitional development stage, just not full on active development. I wonder if 2025 would be a realistic target? Roughly 7 years from its announcement.

Starfield has been in active development since 2018 so about 5 years. Sounds about right.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I wouldn't call a 3 month window a "release date" but that sounds plausible.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I believe it. The impact of COVID on 2021's release schedule is still being felt. I wouldn't put it past Bethesda to have intended Starfield releasing Q3/Q4 2021, but pushed it into early 2022 to ensure quality control. That release period is usually pretty dry too and ideal for early year big hitters to launch in a comfortable window and make bank.

Especially with post launch DLC keeping the title relevant until the end of the year.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
So after Starfield, I guess Bethesda is going all hands on deck for Elder Scrolls VI huh.

I know ES6 is some sort of transitional development stage, just not full on active development. I wonder if 2025 would be a realistic target? Roughly 7 years from its announcement.

Starfield has been in active development since 2018 so about 5 years. Sounds about right.
2024-2025 has been my guess for a while, but with covid shifting timelines I think 2025 is the safe bet

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
2/22/22 would be a great followup to Skyrim's 11/11/11 release date.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
I believe it. The impact of COVID on 2021's release schedule is still being felt. I wouldn't put it past Bethesda to have intended Starfield releasing Q3/Q4 2021, but pushed it into early 2022 to ensure quality control.
Exactly. The hope was to have it ready for a 2021 holiday launch; but having it launch in Q1 2022 will play nicely for MS.

It's true. Early 2022 is the release window I've heard in recent weeks, as well.

Just want E3 to come. Have MS officially state the eatly 2022 release window, exclusivity to PC/Xbox, & allow conversation to finally shift to the game itself.

Last edited:

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
How is the question of Starfield exclusivity still coming up at this point? 🤣

Either way I'm just excited for the game's unveiling at E3. 2021 Q4 or Q1 2022 is fine.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
How is the question of Starfield exclusivity still coming up at this point? 🤣

Either way I'm just excited for the game's unveiling at E3.
Xbox is leaving so much Sony sales on the table not selling Starfield, ESVI, Fallout V on Playstation.
Just like Nintendo and Playstation are doing the same not selling Mario and Ratchet on competing platforms.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I could see that being a hopeful date at the very least considering they did a similar thing with Skyrim back in 11-11-11.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Xbox is leaving so much Sony sales on the table not selling Starfield, ESVI, Fallout V on Playstation.
Just like Nintendo and Playstation are doing the same not selling Mario and Ratchet on competing platforms.
If there was any company in gaming that needs money it's Microsoft. After all they are one bad selling game away from bankruptcy.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
This makes me wonder if anyone's ever heard a rumour about a release being in Q1 and assumed it meant spring when the source's context was fiscal year, not calendar year.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Skullzi (who has leaked a few of the screenshots) is also saying early 2022 now.

Sounds like the intent was for Fall 2021, but COVID pushed it back.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
This makes me wonder if anyone's ever heard a rumour about a release being in Q1 and assumed it meant spring when the source's context was fiscal year, not calendar year.

Spring, generally, means tail-end of March to May. I have no idea how people are hearing Spring and think "February 22nd" lol

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Wouldn't surprise me. I was thinking MS would try and push for this year, but obviously Covid has upset things. Bethesda games are usually buggy even without a pandemic, so I am sure they need the extra time to make sure it doesn't break.
Does MS have any big games releasing this year? Halo is also 2022 as far as I remember. I mean I am looking forward to the Ascent and Psychonauts more than this or Halo, but what else has MS got coming?

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Wouldn't surprise me. I was thinking MS would try and push for this year, but obviously Covid has upset things. Bethesda games are usually buggy even without a pandemic, so I am sure they need the extra time to make sure it doesn't break.

At this point does MS have any big games releasing this year? Halo is also 2022 as far as I remember. I mean I am looking forward to the Ascent and Psychonauts more than this or Halo, but what else has MS got coming this year?

Halo is this year.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Does MS have any big games releasing this year? Halo is also 2022 as far as I remember. I mean I am looking forward to the Ascent and Psychonauts more than this or Halo, but what else has MS got coming?

Forza Horizon 5 is "heavily" (as in basically confirmed) rumored as well.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We'll definitely be seeing this at E3. It will likely be multiplatform but will release day and date on gamepass.

Edit: I missed the newest update on the status of Starfield. You can stop responding to me like I'm an idiot now. Also, I AM an idiot.

Last edited:

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Exactly. The hope was to have it ready for a 2021 holiday launch; but having it launch in Q1 2022 will play nicely for MS. Early 2022 is the release window I've heard in recent weeks.

Just want E3 to come. Have MS officially state the eatly 2022 release window, exclusivity to PC/Xbox, & allow conversation to finally shift to the game itself.
If Horizon mexico is also this year it makes even more sense.

Conversation shifting to the game itself is a given with a lenghtly bethesda demo, I mean, leaked screenshots from 2018 have people talking.