Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Yeah i really doubt it. Sucker Punch ain't particular big for a AAA Studio and it taking longer can be attributed to Ghost probably being more of an Anthology Style series so diving into new Time period with completely new cast etc. will take longer for conception phase i imagine.

TimPV3

Oct 30, 2017
Ghost of Oneshima took forever after Second Son, so this wait is nothing out of the ordinary.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Too hopeful thinking, Sly's still going to be stuck in Egypt for a real long time sadly.

CosmiKu

Jul 9, 2023
Ghost of Tsushima doesn't really appeal to me, so I never bothered with it and will continue to not bother on PC.

But it sold a lot, so I suspect this is what Sucker Punch is going to be working on for the foreseeable.

A shame (for me), because I really enjoyed Sly and inFamous and would love to see sequels and remasters.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
This seems like a speculation and just hopeful thinking on his part, why is this being discussed like he's leaking something?

OP
OP
Pingal Pratyush
Dec 11, 2017
India
"I still think the [PlayStation] May Showcase is happening," Jeff said. "I think it's a Showcase still, [but it] could be a State of Play."

"I think we can probably expect to see news about the PS5 Pro now. They've done that sort of a mid-gen refresh in a Showcase before if I'm remembering correctly. I think that's how they did the [announcement for] PS4 Pro."

He mentions "speculation" after he talked about it.

Fact check, Sony announced the PS4 Pro at a press event in New York City on September 7, 2016.The PS4 standard was announced at a press conference on February 20, 2013, three years apart.

youtu.be

Perfect Dark and Summer Game Mess update

Some people working on Perfect Dark think the game looks rough, but just as many (if not more) are happy with the progress on the game. And it should even sh...

Last edited:

TheWildCard

Jun 6, 2020
lol and I hope I win the lottery

But this is nothing, it hasn't even been that long since their last release.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
In this current industry? After all the layoffs and uncertainty even with strong IPs, I doubt it.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
This seems like a speculation and just hopeful thinking on his part, why is this being discussed like he's leaking something?
Because any bullshit piece of speculation or rumor will be discussed when people want this to happen.

Sucker Punch openly said not even 2 years ago that they have no Sly game in development or in their plans, and neither did another studio. Mods should have instantly closed this topic.

W17LY

Aug 29, 2018
This is what happens when someone need to be trending topic just because ego reasons.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
grubb talking out of his ass again. got2 is not taking longer. game came out 4 years ago, ps5 version 3 years ago. we know aaa games now take at least 5 years to make. this is a late 25/ early-mid 26 release.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Nah and no it wasn't announced in a showcase/conference they had a specific event for it.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would love it especially since a new Sly Cooper interests me more than a new Ghost of Tsushima, but I doubt it's happening. Only Insomiac still cares about their old mascot franchise anymore and as shown in that one leak it sadly doesn't bring them that much money so it's more of a passion project if anything.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
This is non-info. He thinks a show might be in may but it might not be. If it is it might be a state of play or it might be a showcase. It might show a ps5 pro or it might not. It might have sly cooper and it might not.

See where I'm going with this?

bleits

Oct 14, 2023
Too convenient to give him the excuse that he's just speculating. If someone says "there is smoke out there" it means they heard something. And it's unlikely after Sucker Punch went out of their way to deny a new Sly was in development two years ago.

Dezpim

Mar 22, 2024
Nah. The speculation is based on him misremembering the PS4 Pro rollout (we didn't see it till September).

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
This guy could sneeze and there'd be a thread about it here.

Yup. I once proposed we'd start a mega-thread (like we've done for multiple topics, e.g. James Stephanie Sterling, Hot Ones) so the front page doesn't get cluttered with everything he 'reveals' but that got warned as thread-whining :/.

TheBee

Oct 18, 2023
He thinks a lot it seems :3

He mentions "speculation" after he talked about it.

Fact check, Sony announced the PS4 Pro at a press event in New York City on September 7, 2016.The PS4 standard was announced at a press conference on February 20, 2013, three years apart.

youtu.be

Perfect Dark and Summer Game Mess update

Some people working on Perfect Dark think the game looks rough, but just as many (if not more) are happy with the progress on the game. And it should even sh...

You're trying to play him down but you're the one making a topic about his opinion/speculation. No issue with the thread, just the negativity when you're the one promoting him.

Last edited:

Kazer

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Don't really need a thread for something some guy is hoping for.

Lots of people hope for sequels to games all of time. Doesn't mean shit.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Is the dev time really that unusual, taking longer than expected?

As we hear over and over, and is undeniably true, AAA titles, particularly those compounded by Sony's production standards, are taking longer to make and more costly. Ghost of Tsushima will be 4 years old in June, and that's alongside Sucker Punch having worked on a PS5 port and the sizable Iki Island expansion pack.

For comparison, Santa Monica took 4.5 years to deliver Ragnarok after '18, inclusive of their own PC port support. Meanwhile Guerrilla took 5 years to drop Horizon 2 after its predecessor, with no title in between.

And while it's not lost on me that in both cases there were likely studio projects that were either canned (see: Santa Monica) or in development for another platform (see: Horizon VR), eating up dev resources, I do think the comparisons are reasonable and entirely in line with what we've come to see from a standardised and ever growing AAA production cycle. Compounded with the safe assumption that Ghost of Tsushima 2 is likely 'bigger' in content and more complex in production standards over its predecessor.

Ghost of Tsushima was really the last big new-franchise PlayStation 4 game, after God of War and Horizon, of which we got our sequels for. Sony's studios have all been taking ~4+ years to get their next big game out, with the only exception being Insomniac and the crack they must be smoking to pump games out as quick as they do. For Sucker Punch, a 4 - 5 year dev cycle for Ghost of Tsushima 2, for PlayStation 5, seems absolutely on par and a predictable standard not in any way indicative of "taking longer" or that some other software took priority.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Jeff Grubb forum

image.png