Dec 11, 2017
India
Sucker Punch could be making more than just GoT?
"I'm hopeful that we'll see something from Sucker Punch that is causing Ghost of Tsushima 2 to take a little big longer than we were expecting and my hope is something with Sly Cooper. [It is] not confirmed, nothing like that, but that's speculation. But [there is] definitely smoke out there. Maybe where there's smoke there's fire. Hopefully, we'll find out."

This comes as a surprise since Sucker Punch said in 2022 that there are currently "no plans to revisit inFAMOUS or Sly Cooper right now".

PS Showcase soon with PS5 Pro Reveal?
"I still think the [PlayStation] May Showcase is happening," Jeff said. "I think it's a Showcase still, [but it] could be a State of Play."

"I think we can probably expect to see news about the PS5 Pro now. They've done that sort of a mid-gen refresh in a Showcase before if I'm remembering correctly. I think that's how they did the [announcement for] PS4 Pro."

He mentions "speculation" after he talked about it.

Fact check, Sony announced the PS4 Pro at a press event in New York City on September 7, 2016.The PS4 standard was announced at a press conference on February 20, 2013, three years apart.

Dreadwolf to be at SGF?
Dragon Age Dreadwolf "will be [shown] at the Summer Game Fest or around that time", Jeff said. "[It] still sounds like that game is coming out later this year."

"They're pretty pleased with how it turned out," Jeff said. "The plan is to launch that this calendar year. So, not EA's fiscal year, not before March 2025 or anything like that."

He mentions how everyone seems really happy with the game.

He further mentioned a short timeframe between the game getting announced and players being able to actually play it. He said, "I don't think you're going to have to wait too long after this thing gets announced to play, but we'll see."

youtu.be

Perfect Dark and Summer Game Mess update

Some people working on Perfect Dark think the game looks rough, but just as many (if not more) are happy with the progress on the game. And it should even sh...

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
I gotta admit, if Sucker Punch themselves said they have no plans then I am more willing to take their word for it. Never say never though, I suppose.

Yan

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not against it because I like Sly Cooper but I'd be surprised.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This is not happening. Like I said in the other thread, Sucker Punch is not putting the development and growth of their AAA franchise on hold to make a sequel to a dead PS2 cartoon puzzle platformer.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
It's been 4 years. That seems like a normal length of time for a new AAA open world game anyway, especially if they do the multiplayer again. I doubt there's some other project.

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
Sucker Punch isn't making a new sly cooper, lmfao. Current PlayStation wouldn't allow it.

Now, I do think it's possible we see a Sly Cooper from a studio like Sumo after they did Sackboy. Orrrr maybe the Astrobot game's premise is "play as Astro as he goes back into the worlds of PlayStation past." With Sly being one of them.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
I would not expect Sony to greenlight Sly Cooper of all things if that had any chance whatsoever to delay Ghost of Tsushima 2 even a little bit.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Uhm makes zero sense. I am sure with the succeed they had with Ghost, their first priority is a sequel to that.

Also I'd rather see Infamous than Sly Cooper

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
We often get platformers for console launches, so... Maybe Sly Cooper for PS5 Pro to show off some nice "Pixar-style" graphics?

Oct 25, 2017
"Taking longer than we expected"

Sucker Punch hasn't even hit the 4 year mark yet….

Never mind the fact that they are one of the smaller studios among PS Studios.

Lamine

Nov 28, 2023
XLXsDY.gif

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting. Two years ago Nick from Xbox Era said there is new Sly game in development. Still won't believe until we hear anything official.
We did hear something official. It was that they aren't making and new Sly and have no plans to. Would really not get hopes high for this. Maybe someone else, but Sucker Punch doing a new Sly would be extremely surprising.

JasperMyst