• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
Did he say something before the direct is what im asking.
Those predictions have come up multiple times on Giant Bomb between his Morning Show and The Bombcast. They've also spread pretty far and wide outside of those spaces onto the greater web.

I can see the angle you're going out with the multiple view thing, but I don't think it really benefits him at all especially on this smallish YouTube channel he has versus where we normally see him.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
People complaining about leaks when the industry itself sometimes indulges in them for marketing purposes (so called controlled leaks).

It will never stop. The industry is just going to remain broken like that due to its overtly focus on secrecy. Too much potential cash and cloth involved.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I will never understand how people get attached to leakers so much, lol. It's so incredibly bizzare to me to follow every single thing a leaker says and then act like they dont know shit afterward

Deleted member 119070

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jun 19, 2022
And in this forum some users jumped on me when I said that I don't understand why people still believe in his "leaks".

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Leak culture is the worst across all forms of media.

Like how many years now has this Metroid prime remake been "confirmed" to be shown at something, it's ridiculous lol

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Glad I didn't know about these leaks or I would've been disappointed by the Direct.

NoobSauceG7

Feb 7, 2022
I like Jeff Grubb, and I would love the Metroid Prime Remake and the Zelda ports to be true...but like, I think the whole leaking bubble was going to burst for some people, especially once they got big enough and had a good track record, that once they got something wrong like this, they will disappoint a lot of people and make them skeptical next time. The countless other Silent Hill rumors, or Metal Gear Solid remake rumors which have been almost every week for the past few years, need to settle down too. I hope Jeff has good intentions, but I think back about the "Waddle Dee" knows video that Jon did a few months ago, and I can see some people doing a similar thing of not knowing about leaks but making them up, eventually getting some things right, then getting a big enough base to be influential in the games media industry. I listen to enough of Grubb's podcasts to think he seems alright most of the time (except for some of his weird perverted humor from time to time), that I will give him the benefit of the doubt since both him and Mike seemed incredibly sorry during their Nintendo show this week, I don't think they were trying to take anyone on a ride, but just didn't do their due diligence.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
We know MP Remaster exists because the only reliable Nintendo leaker, Emily Rogers, says she has seen it in action.

Just a matter of when. Hilarious how everybody jumped onboard the rumor for the Direct.

lori

Oct 25, 2017
out of all of the fake leaks and excuses for them i was so sure that "they had to delay the direct because of the queen's death" was the funniest bullshit i've ever heard in my life

then it wound up being kind of true somehow

darthbob

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
Nov 20, 2017
This is such an odd thing to get mad about, for folks who are legitimately angry.

I'm disappointed, because I heard about these 'leaks' when they were posted here, and got my hopes up. After all, Jeff did leak Mass Effect Legendary Edition sort of. Disappointing to not see these at the Nintendo event but people need to learn to take unofficial information with a grain of salt and not hype themselves up. Worst case, you're disappointed. Best case, it's true.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
I at least appreciate the apology. That's a lot better than some other so-called "insiders" do when they're wrong.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Dude's a grifter. Saying a direct/announcement is likely to happen in a time period is whatever. Sure, where there's smoke there's probably fire. The below quotes just seems like he doesn't really know what's going on so he's trying to garner as much attention as possible.

"To be clear guys, the one thing we are very, very sure is being announced at this Direct are the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess ports for Switch," Minotti said.
"Yeah, I think there's going to be a lot of Zelda stuff at this thing," Grubb said. "I think this is like a Zelda blowout for Nintendo.
"100% there's a Nintendo Direct in September, it's that simple. There is still some uncertainty about whether this will be a general [Direct], maybe a Mini, there was some talk of it being a Partner Direct".

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this thread is going to be perfectly reasonable and not full of responses which line up with the exact kind that probably resulted in Grubb feeling like he needed to make an apology video in the first place, because he got information wrong over the ever turbulent world that is the games industry.

This please.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Dude's a grifter. Saying a direct/announcement is likely to happen in a time period is whatever. Sure, where there's smoke there's probably fire. The below quotes just seems like he doesn't really know what's going on so he's trying to garner as much attention as possible.

lol

He's leaked tons of unguessable stuff, so no.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
I was irritated at leakers coming up with nonsense and not being held accountable. But props to this dude for making a video to apologize, which doesn't happen in 90% of cases. He can redeem himself if indeed Metroid Prime Remake is still coming.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I really wish this whole "leak" industry would just stop. Let companies announce games how they want. What's even the benefit of this? It's the worst.

It's tough because the content almost always performs well and the "insiders" have been massively rewarded with social media clout

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Leak culture and leakers blow. It's not journalism, it's just a career in sucking the wind out of the sails.
"I got to announce something a lot of people worked hard on so they couldn't do it first." that's literally it, that's all they do.

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hahahahahahah fuck off Grubb you attention starved loser. It's just "my uncle works at Nintendo said this" level of rumor peddling.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
To raise their profile, get clicks or industry job. They don't do it for fun.
Lol pretty sure a lot of the better know earlier leakers, specifically Shinobi, mostly got blacklisted and a lot of people reached out to him letting him know what he was doing was shitty. Which is why he doesn't do it anymore.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
It's tough because the content almost always performs well and the "insiders" have been massively rewarded with social media clout

Fwiw some of us do see that, and enjoy your gamxplain content because it has down to earth commentary with great production values in a clean format.

Even though not being click-baity probably costs you view counts

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I don't necessarily like leaks, but the reactionaries get so angry. Just move on

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
The gamers who follow leaks and then get all upset as if they were owed announcements really need to find something else to do.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
He told us in advance when the Direct was happening, which is the most important thing in my book. So thank you for that.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
When people create expectations based on what insiders say and then those expectations are not met, it's not the insiders' fault, it's the people's. Do not believe anything until you see it officially and you will be happier.

It's boring having to read "Sad that Metroid Prime HD wasn't in the Direct" for years and years.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jeff Grubb: Some games will be announced soon!
*games aren't announced*
Jeff Grubb: Dang, my bad, I was wrong and I own this.
Gamers: WHAT A HORRIBLE PERSON

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
^This. No point in dwelling on it. Honestly the zelda ports weren't a bad prediction it really does make sense to bring them to the switch. Someone on jeff grubb's show insinuated they would be there 100% and jeff grubb called it a "zelda blowout". So yeah, definitely some bad information there and maybe take these two with a grain of salt from now on. Still lots of other games though. Just get some games you do like and maybe these zelda ports and metroid will come later.

azfaru

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Leak culture is so weird. I don't know why people put so much stock in this shit to the point that he needs to be making an apology vid. Shit happens, plans change.

my reaction as i watched the first second of this video. and i dunno... feels a bit unhealthy that leaking info and game journalism goes hand in hand.. they don't feel like "scoops" anymore and just like someone went through some dodgy hoops to get this info and now its content/an article.

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jeff Grubb: Some games will be announced soon!
*games aren't announced*
Jeff Grubb: Dang, my bad, I was wrong and I own this.
Gamers: WHAT A HORRIBLE PERSON

Seriously. I think the onus is on us to hear this stuff and take it as the rumors they are. People need to stop getting so upset and taking it personally.