• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you guys prefer if we had a 'Nintendo Hardware Speculation OT' instead multiple threads?

• Yes, please make a 'Nintendo Hardware Speculation" OT to keep it all in one place

Votes: 250 62.8%
  • No, I prefer multiple threads since it's easier for me to stay updated that way

Votes: 148 37.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Jeff Grubb went on Kinda Funny Games Daily to celebrate the Switch's anniversary here's some new updates/rumors/tidbits:

Jeff Grubb on what's still on the table for Nintendo this year (hardware reveal):

View: https://clips.twitch.tv/HumbleTolerantAsteriskFloof-gPgUoN9pBTNErSpA

Jeff Grubb on the 4Chan Pokemon Leak/Rumor:

View: https://clips.twitch.tv/HappyMushyBaconHassanChop-CkRmPvRQ1hJEZ6t_

Jeff Grubb on the Zelda Wind Waker/Twilight Princess Rumors:

View: https://clips.twitch.tv/TawdryRenownedRingPupper-Sgdd53WPQIgeEKky

Last edited:

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
ah-shit-here-we-go-again-ah-shit.gif

data

Oct 25, 2017
What's inbetween Switch Pro and Switch? Switch OLED is already out.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Tf is an inbetween to keep the switch going if not a hardware change. They already have the oled model

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
i am very tired of switch 2 and other switch related rumors and speculation
i feel like these threads should be banned until there is like, substantial proof of something happening.
every day someone says something about it and never does anything ever pan out
i'm sure we're getting close to something, i'm sure we can all just wait.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
So a New Nintendo Switch, like the New 3DS and the GameBoy Color.
Big power update with exclusive games but not considered a new generation.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Just wake me up when it's officially announced. I've taken all these rumors and "leaks" with a grain of salt for a couple of years now.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Need a Switch 2 OT like the Activision one at this point dawg.
There's been like ten threads alone today. Don't even want to think about it until it's officially announced.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
i am very tired of switch 2 and other switch related rumors and speculation
i feel like these threads should be banned until there is like, substantial proof of something happening.
every day someone says something about it and never does anything ever pan out
i'm sure we're getting close to something, i'm sure we can all just wait.
I'm throwing the offer out there for both the community and the mods: I will make a new Nintendo Hardware Speculation OT to co-exist along side the Nintendo Community OT if that's what works best and what people want. Any of the mods can tell me/dm me and I'll work on it tonight.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
"Not a Switch Pro" but also a noticeable hardware upgrade that tries to "continue the generation"? What's the difference? Wouldn't that be the only thing a Switch Pro is doing vs. a Switch 2?

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone believe "insider" reports anymore? I have no doubt some of these folks know something, but there's too much bullshit or confusion mixed in with the truths these days.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think the distinction is meaningless, the leaked specs indicate a device with a generational leap in power and it's unlikely they're scrapping that chip. It's on a new architecture with a successor graphics API in NVN2 and DLSS + RT.

A device can continue the brand name and be a part of the overall family while still being a new generation, like the Game Boy Advance. There is no unwritten rule saying a new gen means abandoning the previous brand, form factor, concept etc.

It's functionally going to be a Switch 2.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I think this is pretty obvious. It will be a next gen Switch but without any gimmicks Nintendo is known for or ¨play changing¨ new features. They are also going to try and keep the Switch as part of the same ecosystem til it just dies out.

This doesnt mean a new generation of Nintendo hardware will be a few years after the Switch 2 though.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
They'll combine two of their most successful systems. Get ready for the sWiitch!

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
This is basically working all three sides so when something comes out (because it will) he can say he was correct, because he's predicted basically everything

RetroRunner

Dec 6, 2020
Only thing I can think of between a Switch and a Switch Pro(with an updated chip) is essentially the same chip but on a smaller node, which doesn't seem to make sense economically.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
Man, what the fuck does that even mean; please let me play Switch games at 4K with a steady framerate...

TonyBaduy

Oct 11, 2020
Mexico
The T239 is a next gen level upgrade, but it'll all depend on how Nintendo wants to position the machine, even if it can rival the Series S docked thanks to DLSS (may have worse graphics in some aspects, but better RT (RT cores) and IQ (DLSS) for example).

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
this feels like the weirdest dance around to talking about another hardware revision that doesn't change anything under the hood. Like Switch Lite OLED.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Jeff's exact wording sounds more like an iterative successor. Nintendo obviously doesn't want to hit the reset button.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
The rumored specs point to quite the leap though.

This wouldn't be a Pro or New situation, the leap is generational. Just call it what it is.

I think the confusion is how Nintendo will treat it. My guess is this will just be sold as just another part of the Switch family instead of the next gen Switch.

Best to probably wait and see at this point.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
- He thinks the next big Nintendo Direct will finally showcase Metroid Prime 4, as he thinks that's the next big Nintendo Game (didn't say for certain, just what he thinks)

Bad call. The recent release of Prime 1 remastered means there is no way Prime 4 comes out this year. Nintendo spaces these things out much more than he thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.