• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Capcom was thankfully there to hard-carry this State of Play, but I'm hyped for the PlayStation Showcase.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
this is why I'm not feeling the doom on today's show. If Sony's got more in the tank for a bigger show later this year then by all means, save your stuff for then

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
It's been long enough. Spider-Man 2 can't be all they have to show off for the year.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Well, Era is going to be reasonable and don't end up running away with fantasies, right?

Right?

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Half-Life 4, FFX Remake, GTA 6, Persona 6, new Ueda game all at once.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy Rebirth, Final Fantasy Tactics remaster, Final Fantasy 9 remake, Dragon Quest 12, Persona 6, Shenmue 4…believe.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Context would be helpful. He previously tweeted "I tried to set your expectations" in regards to the State of Play. I thought the SOP was decent with some good games so I'm hyped for the showcase.

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
68.gif

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Its just gonna be the AAA games we already know about isn't it. He still wouldn't be wrong I guess if there is a FF16 launch trailer and Spiderman 2 trailer lol

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Spider-Man 2 and TLOU Online will 100% be there so...

More curious about the rest, lots of potential when it comes to 1st and 3rd party.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
At this rate I do hope everyone gets their hype to the stratosphere only for it come crashing down. This hype culture is shockingly hilarious for a forum that tries to be above it all.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like it's pretty safe to be excited. We don't really know anything about sony's slate outside of factions and insomniac games.

OP
OP
LightKiosk

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Context would be helpful. He previously tweeted "I tried to set your expectations" in regards to the State of Play. I thought the SOP was decent with some good games so I'm hyped for the showcase.
The thread I linked to in OP adds some more context with his comments and timeline of the SoP before it was announced and the Showcase coming after it and how Sony is approaching both.

The "I tried to set your expectations" is likely referring to that time.

Fabs

Aug 22, 2019
Bioshock exclusive shows up here I bet. Spider man and last of us multi plus updates on SH and FF

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
With the sheer amount of first party content Sony's sitting on and the potential for third party showings, I think we could be looking at a showcase that could dethrone E3 2016 as the GOAT.

Yeah, I know some prefer Sony's E3 2015 as the E3 of dreams, but 2016 just seemed so much more solid to me. Either way, They're sitting on top of a TON of potential, I can't wait to see how it plays out.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
A good explanation as to why Sony is so silent about upcoming first-party games is that they're preparing an E3 2016 tier showcase flow.

Would be amazing.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
This is kind of funny after today. I'll be going in with very low expectations.

You're going into a Showcase with low expectations after a random State of Play that had no one hyping it up? Why? You do realize a Showcase is where they drop the megatons and where their first party comes out to play, right?

AzerPhire

Oct 25, 2017
The guy doesn't show shit. Nothing ever leaks for Sony events so outside of the obvious Spiderman 2 and Last of Us Mp gameplay he has no idea what is coming from 1st party.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Grubb said to have low expectations for the SoP

I don't really trust anything anyone says but sure.

You're going into a Showcase with low expectations after a random State of Play that had no one hyping it up? Why? You do realize a Showcase is where they drop the megatons and where their first party comes out to play, right?

Because I didn't think that it would be THAT bad with 45 mins.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Capcom carrying it is an understatement. If it weren't for them, that would have been contender for Sony's worst showing ever.
The folks at Capcom deadass deserve a good chiropractor for how much their backs must hurt from carrying that State of Play.

If anything, it goes to show how big RE4 Remake & SF6 will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.