• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aldro

Jun 5, 2020
Sweden
The director of Days Gone is having a live interview with David Jaffe right now.
Jaffe comments on how shame it is that Sony is saying no to smaller games in which Jeff Ross replied with:
"Never say never to anything, it's just ...maybe not right now."

This is almost the closest thing we have to a confirmation that a Days Gone sequel may not be dead after all.

Watch the full interview here:

Last edited:

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I'd take that as it is very dead. He's not at Sony anymore so won't have any influence on their future plans, and by saying "maybe not right now", well that's a pretty clear indicator that it isn't in development.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Never thought it was dead. Jeff also said the whole Bend/Naughty Dog thing was a positive option to give some teams something to do in the early days of development when there is less to do.

"Never say never to anything, it's just ...maybe not right now."

This is almost the closest thing we got to a confirmation that a Days Gone sequel may not be dead after all.
Like I said many times in many different threads: it's on ice right now because Sony views it as a distraction for its quest in turning the last of us into a brand for the company. Once it does that, than days gone 2 will happen In the same vein guardians came after avengers.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest I'm more interested in seeing them put their Days Gone learnings into the new IP. Excited to see their second major output. Maybe it's even a new Syphon Filter!

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Shu said something similar about 8 Days and The Getaway 3 back then. It's dead.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DG is a great self-contained game. I'll take whatever Bend develops next. I'm not married to this particular franchise at all.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Never say never that ND will make Jak 4.

Never say never that Sucker Punch will make a new Sly game.

Never say never that SSM will make a new Kinetica.

Never say never that Japan Studio will do a new Ape Escape.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Days Gone was a good game that sold well, but is not such a gem that people will line up to play the sequel. Sony probably let Bend create a new IP first, and then they might do either a Days Gone 2 or New IP 2. They cant move to a new generation and not have new IPs in the works, so better to let Days Gone alone while they make a new Uncharted, Horizon and God of War, for example.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Reading that quote as 'confirmation that a sequel might not be dead after all' feels like a very charitable reading to me. It feels like confirmation that it's (currently) pretty dead to me.

But who knows! Never say never.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like it's very much dead at the moment.

But maybe down the road someone can do it. But it's dead.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Eeh, I really don't know how this can be taken as a confirmation of anything. Its such a boilerplate non-answer.

JusDoIt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Of course it ain't dead. That pitch is just dead. We may or may not get a sequel this gen, but I'm sure Sucker Punch had an Infamous pitch or two turned down before they went in on GoT.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
"Never say never, just not now" is what that sounds to me. And when I wonder what'd have to change, I can't help think of upper management at worldwide studios.

Edit: and by upper management I know everybody is thinking of Ryan, but if I recall, it's Herman Hulst that Schreier mentions in his article.

Last edited:

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course it ain't dead. That pitch is just dead. We may or may not get a sequel this gen, but I'm sure Sucker Punch had an Infamous pitch or two turned down before they went in on GoT.
That's pretty unlikely I'd say. The Sucker Punch studio head said they were all itching to move on from Infamous after Second Son. Though footage did leak of a cancelled Sucker Punch IP that seemed to be a city-based steampunk game.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I mean...one Days Gone pitch was rejected. Sony didn't say they could never do a sequel as far as I know.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
He has no say on if there's a sequel or not. I could say the same thing and it would have as much weight behind it as his statement.