• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I remember that some actually thought Zendaya wouldn't show up until the movie after this one

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Would be dope if it's street level after the insanity of NWH.

People are gonna complain about steaks and filler and MCU falling off but I don't give a damn

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
spidey and groot teamup for maximum lulz

seriously though, lin would be a great get if true

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I remember that some actually thought Zendaya wouldn't show up until the movie after this one

Some of these same people thought they would bring Black Cat into this movie. I honestly can't think of a character the MCU is less equipped to handle than Black Cat.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
A street level Spider-Man with Justin Lin directing could legitimately give us the best live action Spidey fight scenes ever.

Would be dope if it's street level after the insanity of NWH.

People are gonna complain about steaks and filler and MCU falling off but I don't give a damn

They won't complain if the plot ends up being the rumored Spidey and Daredevil up against Mayor Kingpin.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Zendaya deciding to spend more time with her man instead of doing Euphoria IKTR. Excited to see what they will do in this film.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Justin Lin is a bit of a surprising name drop for me. Would have thought they kept the same director

John Watts did a fantastic job all things considered, but he would've have to have been god-tier for me to be upset that he's gone, 4 movies is too much when he already got his trilogy out

I think the only director the MCU has had that I find it hard to picture not handling their respective franchises is Gunn and Coogler. Gunn is... obviously done with Marvel now, so that just leaves Coogler with Black Panther.

Spider-Man in particular can always benefit from a fresh face.

I kind of would have preferred if they did take a break with MJ just to create more conflict for when they inevitably get back together

I always thought that kind of stuff of waiting a long time in-universe just to make fans feel better is overrated tbh. It's already going on close to 3 years since No Way Home came out. Zendaya is bigger than ever. They can also do a timeskip for the movie itself anyhow.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Is this supposed to come out before the next Avengers? Because hopefully it leads directly to that.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
I'm not surprised, but I do wish they'd have waited atleast a movie for MJ.

Feb 16, 2022
Justin Lin would be a huge get and a considerable step up from Watts. They're both studio workhorses but Lin's got F&F action under his belt.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Maybe she appears but they don't reverse you know what in this movie. And if, then at least let like half the movie be where it ended last time status wise.

And yeah, Justin Lin over Watts all day.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Give MJ her memories back in the first 5 minutes, then do a time skip so that Peter and MJ are in their mid to late 20s. Make Mephisto a secondary villain, have him offer them to revive May but he wants to take away their relationship but they tell him they already did something like that, it was dumb as fuck, the answer is no and May wouldn't want that either. They then get married. The movie makes 2 billion dollars.

Marvel Comics sees this and fires the entire Spider-Man editorial office and their Editor in Chief. They are replaced with people who are not marriage haters and Amazing Spider-Man becomes good again.

GoodGrief

Jan 24, 2024
Lin would be an incredible get. Put me on team "idk why Zendaya is back" though, it feels like there's zero storytelling potential in having amnesiac MJ crossing paths with Peter in the next movie after he let her go from his life. A cameo where he wistfully looks at her from afar, sure, but more than that?

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Zendaya is arguably the biggest name in these films, it's obvious she would return.

The director switch is good, I'm not super familiar with Lin's work, but he's a more accomplished director than the dull dude who did the previous three MCU Spideys.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, not really anything in the MCU that can be used to make such a judgement. They've never really tried to have a character like Black Cat before.

Considering their track record with depicting romances, I wouldn't have high expectations.

Considering their track record with depicting sexuality, I wouldn't have high expectations.

The MCU as it currently exists has not shown it can actually handle a character like Black Cat.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Alternate dimension shenanigans again

Lucas Black as Peter
fast-and-furious-tokyo-drift.gif

Kung as uncle ben
fast-and-furious-tokyo-drift.gif

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I always thought that kind of stuff of waiting a long time in-universe just to make fans feel better is overrated tbh. It's already going on close to 3 years since No Way Home came out. Zendaya is bigger than ever. They can also do a timeskip for the movie itself anyhow.
For me, I think it's more about building up that internal conflict within Peter so that the MJ reconciliation has more meaning. From a real world standpoint, yea totally make sense though. Zendaya is a mega star.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, not really anything in the MCU that can be used to make such a judgement. They've never really tried to have a character like Black Cat before.
Well, the MCU is laughably bad at sexuality and they have pulled off a successful romantic arc, uhm, maybe once?

So I can see why someone would be sceptical they'd be able to pull off Black Cat.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For me, I think it's more about building up that internal conflict within Peter so that the MJ reconciliation has more meaning. From a real world standpoint, yea totally make sense though. Zendaya is a mega star.

Like I totally get how it'd feel more "perfect" going a whole movie without MJ and Ned, but with movies, you gotta strike while the iron is hot. These movies take too long to come out to be messing around like that lol

Now TV shows on the other hand... (Looking at you Mando S3) they got less of an excuse lolol

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Please use the black suit for at least Spider-Man 4 and 5! 🥺

PS: Bring in Scorpion as a anti Spider-Man solution funded by the new Mayor of New York 🙏

Also give us Gwen Stacey! 🤷‍♀️

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So maybe a late 2025 release.

I'll be excited to see where they take this story.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't have minded MJ staying away, but I've enjoyed the new Spider-Man trilogy and hope I will enjoy this fourth film.

Well, the MCU is laughably bad at sexuality and they have pulled off a successful romantic arc, uhm, maybe once?

So I can see why someone would be sceptical they'd be able to pull off Black Cat.
What would you say is the successful romantic arc? (Not disagreeing; just curious.)

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They literally do not know who he is.

So instead of a fresh start, it's just more of the same as the last? I get it if you liked the first 3 but it just sounds snooze worthy. Literally a new canvas and this is what they do lol

Get that money, Zendaya.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
They literally do not know who he is.

So instead of a fresh start, it's just more of the same as the last? I get it if you liked the first 3 but it just sounds snooze worthy. Literally a new canvas and this is what they do lol

Get that money, Zendaya.

I legitimately have no idea what you're talking about.

Who is the "they" you're referring to? What sounds snooze worthy? How is it more of the same when the current rumors point to it being a street level story after the last movie's multiverse plot?

entut1

Mar 31, 2023
Justin Lin? Oh this will be nuts.
The Fast series has some of the craziest action setpieces you can imagine (seriously look up the car gifs from the Fast movies, you won't believe it lol).
It also uses a ton of practical effects (that end up covered in CG a bunch of the time!).

As far as characters goes... sometimes it works, others not really. Maybe half to two/third of the Fast movies are decently written.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't have minded MJ staying away, but I've enjoyed the new Spider-Man trilogy and hope I will enjoy this fourth film.

What would you say is the successful romantic arc? (Not disagreeing; just curious.)
I said, maybe once lol

Personally, I don't really think they really succeeded at any romantic arc, but I do see a lot of people liking the Steve x Sharon Carter thing.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I legitimately have no idea what you're talking about.

Who is the "they" you're referring to? What sounds snooze worthy? How is it more of the same when the current rumors point to it being a street level story after the last movie's multiverse plot?
He shit posts in every Marvel related thread, it's been an on going gimmick for years now.

entut1

Mar 31, 2023
Seriously, this is good news for all the people that thought the action scenes of the current trilogy were nothing memorable (or as far as CGI quality goes)

Justin Lin is an extremely experienced action director. He's been working with very large casts on very large action productions for over a decade. He's not an indie director. He's also somebody that's been director-producer-writer in the last few years so there's probably a decent amount of creative control that could be left to him.