Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
licensed-image

https://www.theinsneider.com/p/last-of-us-abby-kaitlyn-dever-season-2-ferrari-movie-review

View: https://x.com/theinsneider/status/1724601263709700261?s=46&t=gbYgL_rvpbF6qlAMTodElw
Druckmann has previously said that for the role of Ellie, they needed somebody who could be "tough and vulnerable and wise beyond their years, and also have a potential for violence." Dever came oh-so-close to winning that role, so it makes sense that she'd be back in the mix for Abby, as Gamerant says "The two women are actually extremely similar."

Dever also happens to be one of the 71 people Mazin currently follows on Instagram.

Sources say that Dever is poised to win the role on the strength of her bravura silent turn in Brian Duffield's alien invasion movie No One Will Save You, which premiered on Hulu earlier this year.

Sneider has a relatively solid track record. Now that he's kicked things off with this report I expect we'll get confirmation on Abby's casting pretty darn soon

Last edited:

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Smol Abby.

5'2 vs 5'1 knife fights gonna go crazy lol.

Great actor so I wouldn't care if this version wasn't a huge physical threat. Especially since Bella's not going to really age dramatically in between seasons.

Eden

Nov 15, 2017
I really like her so that would be cool but definitely not as intimidating lol

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
She'd be great. Some personal trainer's about to get PAID.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Not at all who I would expect but, after thinking about it for just a few minutes, she sounds like a great choice.

Mister Ursine

Sep 10, 2023
This feels about right. The two names I remember getting thrown around a few months ago didn't feel right. One was basically unknown, the other was Florence Pugh who is probably beyond having time for this. Dever is a great actor and this would level up her career a bit.

Physically, she's a little off from what I'd expect but they'll make it work. Honestly, she really only has to be a bit bigger than Bella Ramsey, and I think they're about the same size now. I see the vision!

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I really hope that whoever they go with is warned and prepped for the (unjustified) shitstorm that they'll inevitably have to deal with.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe for an Abby backstory? For sure all of Part II's story will be split into two stories.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
From fancasted as Ellie for years into abby

Now that's something lmfao

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Flashback Abby? As a strong woman, I was really excited to see a big, strong girl. I'm sure she's a great actress. Just slightly disappointed if this is the route.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I liked her on Justified, it'd be good casting.

I'm guessing she won't be swoling up. I wonder if they'll bother to make her look physically imposing at all.

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
Considering the fight at the end of the 2nd game, I can see why they'd pick someone more physically matched.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Huh...would be wild to cast such a short actress for that role. The fight dynamic between her and Ellie gonna change alot.

Btw...this would make Abby having the same height as tv Ellie.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
She's an amazing actress. There's a vision here for sure.

Let's get the golfing lessons in

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
She's not physically imposing, but she's a really talented actress and we already know she's gonna be given great material.

She was great in Justified, Bookmsart, and No One Will Save You. This is good casting.

Xion385

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hey it's!!!

Nathan Drake's daughter during the epilogue.

Naughty Dog keeps it in the family.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
I liked her on Justified, it'd be good casting.

I'm guessing she won't be swoling up. I wonder if they'll bother to make her look physically imposing at all.
Get her to eat chicken and bench and curl for a couple months. Nothing crazy. No major actress is swole like Abby.