FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Got through 3 eps yesterday. So far it's what I expected
drunk Jess, worried Trish, and helpful Malcolm.
Ep 1 had 1 really bad thing
those effects to make Whizzer whiz, just wow
Wasn't expecting
Nuke to die in his 1st ep.
Also little worrying that so far
far a main bad guy hasn't really shown up unless it's the Dr with strength ability, and if so... super downgrade from Killgrave.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
So if I thought the first season was pretty bad outside of the first few episodes and David Tennant is this one even worth bothering with?

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I think I just have problems with Jessica as a character, maybe it's the excessive drinking, don't think I can watch a first half with that again, people saying it gets better at episode 5? I may just skip ahead to that.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Im in deep on Ep7 and its good

This is definitely a slow burn but im enjoying it

Ok there is one silly scene though

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Cap G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just wish the show was more episodic and had Jess just tackle cases. She's a joy to watch interact with clients, but its always as filler in between "main antagonist" shit that is much less interesting.

So if I thought the first season was pretty bad outside of the first few episodes and David Tennant is this one even worth bothering with?
I'm a few episodes in and...no. it has all the same problems, to the extent that I wished the show was structured differently. This season feels like a retread in a lot of ways, and what they do differently is not as engaging as ehat they replaced.

Verano

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The acting is very bad coupled with terrible fucking writing for example
"After me? Every loser out there with a dick"
So much cringe right there. Honestly idk even know wtf is happening most of the time nor is there a central antagonist..til later in the 2nd half of the show..i thought Iron Fist was bad but JJ season 2 takes the cake so far.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Not passed three episode rule, this is fucking dreadful.
I am fearing Marvel Netflix shows are dead, Daredevil S1 was a lucky shot.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Not passed three episode rule, this is fucking dreadful.
I am fearing Marvel Netflix shows are dead, Daredevil S1 was a lucky shot.

It's such a shame, because there's a lot of potential. But yeah, since Iron Fist stank up the joint it's been in free fall.

Edit - does Rosario Dawson turn up in this season?

Last edited:

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Excellent, I've been craving some more Marvel shows lately so I'll start this once I get through Peaky Blinders.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the dislike of this season personally. The first episode was kind of so-so and there's been some weak points but overall I'm loving this season a lot.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the season.

Overall, very unimpressed with this season. The situation with Kilgrave carried the first season so I was a bit concerned with how this season would turn out, but I went in with an open mind and still came out disappointed. This really won't stop me from watching the next season regardless, but I hate pretty much every character but Malcolm now. Also that exchange with Jessica and Malcolm before he got fired again/quit really irritated me. She basically called him a manwhore, when she had the exact same behavior earlier on. "Nice ass." "What did you say?" "I said nice ass." *Bathroom stall fucking here*

Double standards, man. And everyone is an asshole this season! Malcolm was getting fucked over so much and Trish did some REAL dumb shit. Like wow, she was super annoying this season.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So, without spoiling the end of the season (I think I'm halfway through), can someone who's finished it tell me if any of these characters ever do anything or become even remotely close to likeable? It feels like the whole show is just populated by total assholes. Malcolm is the closest to a believable human at this point.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
WOAH WOAH

Big MCU reference
Jessica's mom mentions The Raft prison. So this season of JJ takes place post Civil War

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
So, without spoiling the end of the season (I think I'm halfway through), can someone who's finished it tell me if any of these characters ever do anything or become even remotely close to likeable? It feels like the whole show is just populated by total assholes. Malcolm is the closest to a believable human at this point.

As I said in my spoiler, pretty much no. Nobody is likeable except Malcolm to me.

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
8 episodes in and i sort of like it, but sort of recognise that this marvel netflix thing is running on empty

the show has the same problems as its peers... too much brooding, angst, and edge. oh, and of course, everyone is 'broken'. it's getting familiar, and it's getting old

has anyone at netflix seen homecoming??? we have a superhero who thinks it's 'cool' to be a superhero and fully embraces it with (for the viewer) fantastic results

lighten' up a bit hells kitchen... at least for one hero in one show

please

Last edited:

Nephicide

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm on Episode 5. Krysten Ritter is great as Jessica Jones, so I'll keep watching. But yeah, I really don't care about the other characters. They make it hard to get through this season.

Last edited:

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
The Punisher elevated DD S2, so I was really looking forward to his own show happening. Unfortunately I ran out of patience after enduring Iron Fist and Defenders. Maybe i'll go back and watch if I can face it after JJ.
Do yourself a favor and check it out
There are some problems with terrible side characters and slow pacing, but Bernthal is a force of nature and the action is as brutal as it'll ever get under the Marvel umbrella

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They get worse

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Such a disappointment. I'm watching Trish and Malcolm argue and it's like...Malcolm is the only character in this show who acts like a person who reacts to things. Everyone else just feels like they were written to be maximum angry all the time.

Much like every season outside of JJ S1 and LC S1, it is not good

The first half of Luke Cage S1 was so damn good. Just like every other Netflix Marvel show, though, episode 7 seems to be the point where the meat spoils. If the season ended there, it would've been nearly perfect.

At least this season seems like a mess from minute one so there's no massive quality downdrop in the second half like the other shows...

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Finished it and... yeah. I usually am all in on these Marvel shows, only Iron Fist was a miss for me (talking series as a whole). I really enjoyed JJ S1 so this Season was a big bummer.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah i was enjoying it up till ep8 but thats with a bit of skimming

There are just a lot of throwaway scenes and filler. Are they still under contract cuz If I was Netflix and Marvel I would rethink the entire format, budget, and talent aquisition for Netflix marvel

I still plan on finishing it but its getting harder

Nov 6, 2017
Seems like those who enjoyed season 1 are dissapointed with this so for a person who thought s1 was average af, I should probably avoid this eh? I actually disliked most of them, jones, luke, iron fist( his character but the story was interesting) and barely liked The Defenders mostly because Daredevil carried the entire show tbh. I'm going through the Punisher but it also drags way too much. Netflix Marvel peaked with Daredevil and it just stopped peaking there. Oh well..

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Just finished the season

Big drop-off from season 1 for me. But I think that has to do with the lack of an interesting antagonist. Nothing this season lives up to the threat of Kilgrave & it felt like they kept spinning their tires with the mother story. Also, to echo some previous statements; this season is a collection of entirely unlikable characters. Malcolm is the only person even remotely likable. Jessica was so stubborn & had tunnel-vision about nearly everything this season to the point it got ridiculous. I was almost annoyed she got a semblance of a happy ending because after everything it didn't feel like she earned it.

I don't know. I didn't hate it & I found it better than The Defenders & Iron Fist. But, after finding the first season to be the best of the Netflix Marvel shows; it was a disappointing drop off. Aside from Episode 7(Jessica felt like a real person here) & Episode 11 (because of Kilgrave), nothing stood out as being memorable or exciting.[/spoilers]

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Half-way through and I'm really enjoying this season. Slow burn for sure but it's a welcome one. Jessica Jones as a whole has been super consistent. The Punisher and this are two for two IMO for Netflix after a run of duds.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So this is the image issue I'm seeing on my OLED with Jessica Jones series 2 in 4k HDR.

Look at the gridlines. The picture noise is in perfect squares like maths paper. Only happens on this show. All other HDR content is fine. Any ideas?

24o0eqa.jpg
[/IMG]
24o0eqa.jpg
[/IMG]
24o0eqa.jpg

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
On like episode 6 and it's ok. Missing that Tennant factor.

But the show needs better editors or directors. I keep seeing instances of cuts to actors standing at their first positions, before they start moving. Catching background extras doing the same thing as well. I'm not one to ever pay attention to those sort of things, but I keep seeing this happen.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
So this is the image issue I'm seeing on my OLED with Jessica Jones series 2 in 4k HDR.

Look at the gridlines. The picture noise is in perfect squares like maths paper. Only happens on this show. All other HDR content is fine. Any ideas?

24o0eqa.jpg
[/IMG]
24o0eqa.jpg
[/IMG]
24o0eqa.jpg

Ah...reminds me of the days of RCA cables!

Zero-ELEC

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Only watched the first episode so far. It's pretty good, seems like a slow burn type thing.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Watched five episodes. God damn are they going to introduce an actual good villain or what?

Resetta Stone

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing, Arizona
The second half was kind of puttering about with the sole intention of making Jessica more miserable I guess? Then again, these Netflix shows really need to drop the habit of wrapping things up by Episode 5-6 and having the latter half just kind of peter out.

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Finally made it through the whole season...T'was so dull and pointless. Rather disappointing considering the first season is my favorite out of the Netflix Marvel shows.
francis.png
I'm just thankful second season of Sneaky Pete came out today.

Last edited:

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Idk who is in charge of this shit but episode 2 (and the first was already bad) is painful to watch and they should be fired immediately.