Oct 26, 2017
*Jim Ryan says your normal PR speak*

era:

tenor.gif

What he do to y'all?

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Japanese sales aside, I mean...he's not wrong, right? Nearly ever major Japanese title that isn't produced by Nintendo seems to make its way on a Sony console at some point.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
lol, believe it when I see it

They seem to be losing ground to Nintendo in terms of the small and mid sized studios. Games that were once exclusive to Sony platforms are now getting Switch ports, and some are even going Switch exclusive or lead platform.

Obviously they will continue to get the big AAA titles, but one thing that I always loved about Sony systems was the small and midsized projects. I think we will continue to see those shift to having Switch versions and in some cases Switch exclusive.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
They seem to be losing ground to Nintendo in terms of the small and mid sized studios. Games that were once exclusive to Sony platforms are now getting Switch ports, and some are even going Switch exclusive or lead platform.

Obviously they will continue to get the big AAA titles, but one thing that I always loved about Sony systems was the small and midsized projects. I think we will continue to see those shift to having Switch versions and in some cases Switch exclusive.
yup

Jul 18, 2020
What could he even say? Yeah we're taking a pounding from Nintendo and now Japan is a no-go lol. He needed to say something generic that will confirm itself when Sony has like 1 new japanese game this generation.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just saying they are both light action RPGs with a childish aesthetic. I think they fill the same niche in the portfolio.
They really don't.

Zelda is more focused on puzzle solving and dungeons (less so in BOTW).
Ratchet meanwhile is a platformer with a big focus on shooting it is much closer to Crash, Sly etc.

This is the first time I have ever seen the two compared.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
This man just needs to let his PR assistant say everything for him as they did during the interview by interrupting with the GT7 comment.

Oct 25, 2017
Now if only Sony California would stop censoring Japanese games while also allowing games like TLOU2 to have intense violence and full on sex scenes.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
A lot of the people complaining about lack of first party Japanese titles from Sony didn't play the Japan Studio games in the first place lol.

Some of yall don't even recognize a Japanese title unless it's an RPG.

Jan 20, 2019
w/e point still stands. Playstation has been shitty in regards to censorship double standards for Japanese games vs Western games.

Again, that is on Sony side of things, PlayStation doesnt really care about Japan anymore. I know it looks like is the same thing, but it really isn't. The problem lyes on the Sony Japan side of things, PlayStation cant really do anything about it.

Scratches

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to say this thread is reaching YouTube/Twitter levels of discourse. It only needed a "stop censoring my waifu fanservice".

Now if only Sony California would stop censoring Japanese games while also allowing games like TLOU2 to have intense violence and full on sex scenes.
Well, there it is.
Full on sex scenes tho 😂

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia

Do we really need to discuss the whole only on PS5 taglines and promises about the teams getting the most of their games thanks for ps5 hardware while not being limitted by ps4? Please just dont start with "well in retrospect you could interpret it as crossgen policy so its your fault that PlayStation deliberately lied about this". We know what they did. I still didnt swallow Horizon 2 being crossgen.

Also: we made a LOT more ps5s than we did ps4s for our lunch! They sold out everything and still didnt beat ps4 launch numbers. That was another lie from Ryan.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Do we really need to discuss the whole only on PS5 taglines and promises about the teams getting the most of their games thanks for ps5 hardware while not being limitted by ps4? Please just dont start with "well in retrospect you could interpret it as crossgen policy so its your fault that PlayStation deliberately lied about this". We know what they did. I still didnt swallow Horizon 2 being crossgen.

Also: we made a LOT more ps5s than we did ps4s for our lunch! They sold out everything and still didnt beat ps4 launch numbers. That was another lie from Ryan.

PS5 has outsold the PS4 in the same amount of time. Including launch.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017

Jfc some of you are still hung up over this shit? Find me a quote that specifically says every game moving forward will be PS5 exclusive. You can't blame him because you interpreted a quote a certain way and turned out to be wrong. Was I disappointed to hear that Horizon 2 was going to be cross-gen? Sure but it's completely in line with what he said and Sony's past behaviour after launching a new system.

And the PS5 did beat the PS4's launch numbers. Quoting the shipped figure for an entire quarter is not launch or sales, for that matter. And the only reason they didn't beat the quarter figures as well is because of a global semiconductor shortage that's affecting everyone from consoles and gpus to cars. Declaring him a liar because he couldn't foresee something that's caught everyone off guard is idiotic.

Rorschacht

Oct 30, 2017
Sarcastically, I don't think him & even Hermen Hulst do...
Famitsu actually made a question about Japan Studio, which can be read in Gematsu.
Astro's Playroom was developed by Team Asobi, but many Japanese game fans are looking forward to new titles from Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Studio. Do you have any information about the studio's new titles?

Ryan: "Nothing I am able to comment on at the moment. However, Team Asobi's Astro's Playroom was truly outstanding. I'll have more to say about this at a later date."

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Famitsu actually made a question about Japan Studio, which can be read in Gematsu.
More to say about Astro's Playroom at a later date? Are we getting a whole new Astro game?
Did they hint at something like that before? All I know is people were hoping for something like that but nothing concrete from Sony's side.