Raigor

May 14, 2020
Jim's take on Marvel's Avengers exclusivity and the GAAS nature of the game

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
yeah, the game is EA writen all over, suprised to be from the same devs of tomb raider =(

johnnydork

Oct 26, 2017
Can't believe they have monitized the avengers brand like this these characters deserve better

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
"Ubisoft's crossed over with everything except an ethics policy."

HOLY FUCK. Damn that line is good.

DSN2K

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
So are the movies, and most multimedia products are to be honest. Nobody is init for love of gaming, they are here to make money. Sounds kinda harsh but its the truth.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
It really feels like it was made to get money with the property without actually making a fun game at the same time.

Ehhh that beta was pretty damn fun. It has a great combat system and some really smart design decisions that separate it from the average GAAS game that has come and gone.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
So are the movies, and most multimedia products are to be honest. Nobody is init for love of gaming, they are here to make money. Sounds kinda harsh but its the truth.
yep most media is made one how many people could consume it Lol. this game is no different than gamer fuel and doritos x call of duty its all over the industry.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
yup! I wont be supporting this. Looks like i'm lined up for a free PC copy so I'll give it a blast, but not giving them any money.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
The gears thing is different because Terminator is a movie. Why the fuck would anyone want actual corporate branding.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe they have monitized the avengers brand like this these characters deserve better

I mean you said brand, which inherently means you're talking about ways to use it for profit. Also these are super heroes that have for ages been used to make money in all the lamest ways possible.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Yeah they are going hard on the the cross promotion and shit. Wasn't planning on getting it but hey I won't turn my nose at a free copy.

Jan 9, 2018
Video game company makes game to make money . But in all reality I can see why this is annoying but it's mostly harmless
Literally all story content and characters are free who cares about cosmetics
This is like saying Fortnite is made to make money.

FooF

One Winged Slayer
Mar 24, 2020
Wow all this budget for cross promotion yet the game can't run at a stable 30 on the ps4 pro. priorities i guess.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I thank my Verizon phone service for hooking me up with a free game, and some weird looking skin that is growing on me, which will become available to others after a certain amount of time.

For a GAAS this should be expected if they can secure funding and marketing like this, especially for a Marvel licensed GAAS game, the license is expensive and seemingly has to be paid yearly in the millions.

David Brevik talking about GAAS Marvel Heroes sustainability ARPPU (the average revenue per paying user), and having to pay millions for the Marvel license each year, and not an exclusive license. I wonder how much EA pay for Star Wars exclusive license. If Avengers stumble like Anthem they will have a fire breathing dragon breathing down their necks to hurry and get it right or stop cold, just like Marvel vs Capcom Infinite now that I think about it.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I only respect games that align with the realest of brands

HeaderBanner.png

Oct 28, 2017
The way this man says the words "AAA gaming" with just the right amount of disgust and cynicism amazes me every time I hear it.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
It feels like people are piling on this game because it's just "the thing to do" right now. This is no different that what COD or AC does yearly.

Like damn nobody even cares that they're giving all DLC away for free. That's a big deal.
It really feels like it was made to get money with the property without actually making a fun game at the same time.
Go read the beta impressions thread. Lots of people found it fun and had a surprising amount of depth. Me included.

HylianMaster2020

alt account
Banned
Jun 30, 2020
It's a legit format for a chance to make $ and that offends some gamers that said we're in the middle of a super hero renaissance and I think the majority of gamers are very happy to have a chance to play as a super hero other than Batman or Spider-Man

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
People pay $60 for this stuff... good lord! (Plus MTXs!)
Maybe I'm weird, but I have a zero-tolerance policy for stuff like this (and DRM, etc.) Like, there's so many games to play, why waste your time and money, don't you feel like you're being exploited/manipulated, watching/playing these corporate films, games, etc.?

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
People pay $60 for this stuff... good lord! (Plus MTXs!)
Maybe I'm weird, but I have a zero-tolerance policy for stuff like this (and DRM, etc.) Like, there's so many games to play, why waste your time and money, don't you feel like you're being exploited/manipulated, watching/playing these corporate films, games, etc.?

I buy games to have fun. Avengers is fun. If it wasn't, I wouldn't buy it. If I didn't think it was worth the price, I would wait for a price drop.

It's pretty simple.

Misterhbk

Oct 27, 2017
So this forum is back to hating this game now? Just trying to keep up with how fast shit moves around here.

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
Video game company makes game to make money . But in all reality I can see why this is annoying but it's mostly harmless
Literally all story content and characters are free who cares about cosmetics
This is like saying Fortnite is made to make money.

Um, excuse you, Fortnite was kickstarted by John Videogame after he got fed up with the restrictions imposed by AAA gaming that prevented people from dancing and making all games grayscale. It was about bringing fun back; the whole truckloads of money thing was a footnote.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
The legendary skins are gonna cost $15 and it's gonna suck for people like me who actually do care about cosmetics. Especially in a game where the default skins are so wack.

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
He's right, and games like this make me sad. It's so cynical and obviously a risk-averse, business first, game second thing.