Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
careers.blizzard.com

Lead Content Designer - Unannounced Project in Irvine, California, United States of America | Game Design at Blizzard Entertainment

Apply for Lead Content Designer - Unannounced Project job with Blizzard Entertainment in Irvine, California, United States of America. Game Design at Blizzard Entertainment
careers.blizzard.com

Lead Content Designer - Unannounced Project in Irvine, California, United States of America | Game Design at Blizzard Entertainment

Apply for Lead Content Designer - Unannounced Project job with Blizzard Entertainment in Irvine, California, United States of America. Game Design at Blizzard Entertainment

• Experience creating quests, points of interest, and characters within a shared world.
  • Experience creating and running pen and paper RPG campaigns, and/or live-action RPGs.
  • Champion a clear vision for mechanically and narratively interesting missions within an established Blizzard IP.
Look like blizzard work on another big game in development, live action RPG.

I think this project is lead by TW3 Creative Director who join Blizzard in 2019.

We can have +4 games by Blizzard this gen
Key Attributes:

• A love of RPG games (tabletop or computer).

Jez briefly mentioned it last week.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I absolutely love Blizzard's level of polish in games. Hopefully they can become a powerhouse under Xbox. Separate them from Activision and expand them Phil!

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
damn i hope this microsoft sale goes through - all these games would 100% be steam deck bound

Seriously..like, I know you can install Windows on the Steam Deck, but if Microsoft made a 1st-party-only version of Game Pass for Steam, subs would SKYROCKET as these games start coming out

OP
OP
Shoot

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
My guess for the IP is Warcraft. But I'm having trouble imagining a shared world CRPG.

When they say pen and paper RPG campaign the only thing I can think of is a dungeon master style game like Divinity Original Sin 2.

Either way it sounds like it will be something totally new gameplay wise.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
damn i hope this microsoft sale goes through - all these games would 100% be steam deck bound

Seriously..like, I know you can install Windows on the Steam Deck, but if Microsoft made a 1st-party-only version of Game Pass for Steam, subs would SKYROCKET as these games start coming out

Even Microsoft just bringing all of Activision-Blizzard's games over to Steam would be huge - I'm almost positive that they will if the deal goes through!

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
It's their next MMO/Live action RPG for sure.

Game director on the project is Creative director of TW3.

Suichimo

Mar 17, 2021
I really doubt this but, there was a Diablo 2 based TTRPG that ran on the 3.0 D&D rules, it may have been in that weird inbetween from 3.0 to 3.5 but I'm not sure. I wonder if that's a possibility for this.

www.wizards.com

Wizards of the Coast

Wizards of the Coast is a family of studios specializing in building role playing, trading card, and digital games for all genres of players.