Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney

For those at work/unable to view the twitter clip, Biden says:

"They invaded another country and annexed a significant portion of it, called Crimea," Biden said in response, adding, "He's saying that it was President … my boss … it was his fault."

I'm sure there will be a media blowback (and more reputable sources) about this soon. Going off conservative news sources that I will not link here, the original context for this is:

Biden referenced comments President Donald Trump made during his press conference at the end of the G7 summit in Biarritz, France, in the video shared Wednesday by the Daily Wire's Ryan Saavedra. The president claimed that Obama wanted Russia removed from the G7 — then the G8 — because Putin had "tricked" Obama when he invaded the Ukraine on his watch. Trump had then argued that Russia should be allowed to come back to the table, saying that he would rather have them "inside the tent" than outside it.

This is incredibly sad at this point. It reminds me of my own grandmothers struggle with dementia. How much longer can this go on? Biden needs to drop out as soon as possible, he cannot possibly think he'd win or make a good President in the current state that he is in.

OP
OP
Hierophant

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Ehh doesn't seem that bad in the video. Weird phrasing but he didn't seem to freeze up or anything.
How do you forget the name of the President you served under as the Vice President? I don't understand how that could be possible, Biden's only credential right now is that he was Obama's VP and he can't even remember his name on a consistent basis.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Ehh doesn't seem that bad in the video. Weird phrasing but he didn't seem to freeze up or anything.
That was a prolonged pause where he was searching for a word. Whether he wants to not be seen as invoking Obama's name all the time is one possibility.

Regardless, I think there's been too many gaffes like this. Drop out and take care of your health Joe.

Dec 31, 2017
That was a prolonged pause where he was searching for a word. Whether he wants to not be seen as invoking Obama's name all the time is one possibility.

Regardless, I think there's been too many gaffes like this. Drop out and take care of your health Joe.

Yeah I agree the frequency of gaffe's, whether they are genuinely increasing or simply getting more media attention, is not a great look.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bet he mentioned Obama's name within seconds before this clip starts, and within seconds after. Just a hunch based on my experiences with soundbite attacks. "YOu didn't build that!" or "Some People did something"

Oct 27, 2017
I cant watch the video as I'm in work, but from reading the text of what he said it does not necessarily suggest he forgot Obama's name, rather that he changed his mind from saying President Obama to a more personal 'my Boss', so to make Trump's comments about Obama more of a personal insult against him too. For those that have watched the video, does it appear that he forgets or stumbles on 'President' or does he just change it to 'my Boss' as an alternative way to phrase what he was saying?

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
I'm not going hate on that, I always forget the names of people, only to remember them after the fact, and I'm a lot younger than him.

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
LMBcL22.png

OP
OP
Hierophant

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
I bet he mentioned Obama's name within seconds before this clip starts, and within seconds after. Just a hunch.
I'd like to see the full clip too because all the sources right now are the usual trash right wing tabloids but video evidence of this happening before your eyes is pretty bad. Full context is definitely needed but this is an extremely bad look.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
For those that have watched the video, does it appear that he forgets or stumbles on 'President' or does he just change it to 'my Boss' as an alternative way to phrase what he was saying?

He abruptly stops at "President", holds for maybe a second, then says "my boss".

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise if he did have a momentary brain fart but the clip is also clipped pretty short so you have no idea when the last or next time he might have said Obama's name was.

OP
OP
Hierophant

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
this is dumb / a waste of time. plenty of legitimate stuff to criticise him over.
People don't seem to care about the legitimate stuff anymore because he is mysteriously the most "electable" candidate for reasons that are unknown to me, so you have to point out his numerous gaffes (of which there are a fuck ton).
Believe me, his record is dog shit but people still seem to like him.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Good ol' Diamond Joe, just forgetting the name of the first black President and personal friend. What a kook.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is getting stupid.

14 seconds of video where he has one second of awkward phrasing? OP citing right wing media that " won't link" but choose to quote?

Sure, nothing odd about this, no ulterior motives.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Biden has been making dumb gaffes for decades.

I always find these "Biden is losing his marbles, see? SEE???" stuff to be low key ageism. Biden hasn't really changed with age, he's always been a poor speaker. But now that he's old, apparently he's senile.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
That does mean he forgot his name..it sounds more like he quickly had a change of thought.

Oct 25, 2017
People don't seem to care about the legitimate stuff anymore because he is mysteriously the most "electable" candidate for reasons that are unknown to me, so you have to point out his numerous gaffes (of which there are a fuck ton).
Is it so mysterious? he was Obama's VP and has the most name recognition amongst voters.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

People never cared about the 'legitimate stuff'.

Voters have historically cared about intangible personality tests... Like the 'beer test'. No one cares about substance or policy.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That does mean he forgot his name..it sounds more like he quickly had a change of thought.

I think he was trying to make it personal and switched to a phrasing that emphasized his relationship to the issue and his experience. But, I dunno, maybe he spoke for an hour avoiding Obama's name the whole time who knows.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
He was probably borrowing someone else's speech again and forgot to make it more personal

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What ulterior motive do I have?

I think it's fairly obvious you as a poster do not like Biden, much like many people in OT, for being more moderate in comparison to other candidates.

Posting a 14 second video while talking about how you have personal family experience with dementia, making a connection that Biden could have dementia and spreading the idea he is unequivocally unfit for office, while citing right wing media, makes it pretty obvious what you're trying to push narrative wise.

Jexhius

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Biden is losing brain capacity at an alarming speed. It's sad to see.

Would prefer to see a longer clip, of course, because context is important but this is hardly his first gaffe and certainly won't be his last.

alexiswrite

Oct 27, 2017
This narrative is so fucking dumb. If we had a news story whenever any of the candidates paused during a speech we'd be drowning in them.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
people at large yes, people on Era? Heck no. haha

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I personally can't wait for the Project Veritas video that will inevitably be made on the likely frontrunner or an aid, and circulated by people here as "proof" of why someone can't be the nominee.

OP
OP
Hierophant

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
I think it's fairly obvious you as a poster do not like Biden, much like many people in OT, for being more moderate in comparison to other candidates.

Posting a 14 second video while talking about how you have personal family experience with dementia, making a connection that Biden could have dementia and spreading the idea he is unequivocally unfit for office, while citing right wing media, makes it pretty obvious what you're trying to push narrative wise.
I mean I am making that case because I've seen dementia with my own eyes and this is it with Biden and all his gaffes, I'm dead serious about it. I don't know why America has this fascination with electing senile people to office but it is insane to me that people are willingly brushing his gaffes aside.