• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
joel-mchale-superhero.jpg

The role is being described as "Golden Age Starman" and will be a recurring one for McHale.

A courageous and confident superhero, Starman is a member of the Justice Society of America. He wields a mysterious anti-gravity weapon called the cosmic staff and has a longtime sidekick named Stripesy, who is better known as Courtney Whitmore's stepfather, Pat Dugan.

McHale is an accomplished actor, standup comedian and author. His prior scripted television credits include "Community," "The Great Indoors" and "The X-Files" revival, while on the unscripted side he hosted "The Soup" for a dozen seasons and earlier this year moved the pop culture commentary format over to Netflix for "The Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale." His recent film credits include "The Happytime Murders," "A Merry Friggin Christmas," "Deliver Us From Evil" and "Assassination Nation."

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For a moment there I thought this was the DCEU and I got excited.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
There is no problem with this casting or character. It's just using a character that has a connection to Stargirl through her father.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
Is this like a snarky, sarcastic character? I don't think he knows how to do anything else.
I love him for it, but facts.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You couldn't possibly be asking who Joel McHale is because his credits are in the bottom of the OPs post.

If you need background on who Starman or Stargirl are, press and hold the home button on iOS or Android or press the Windows Key on Windows.
It was, one of those jokes, I think they call them. Click the link to learn more.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
(The joke is that Starman and Star-Lord are pretty similar names and that guy didn't know who Star-Lord was)

Byronic Hero

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, I've been a fan of his since Community & The Soup. Since these shows are better written than the typical DC TV show, I hope it gives him a chance to flex his acting chops. And hopefully it doesn't get cancelled, like all of his other shows lol

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
This. I was excited until I saw that it was Golden Age Starman. Still nice to see the character being used but I would liked for it to be one of the other two. It does make sense this is the one they'd use though. I wonder what his costume would look like cause his actual suit is TO golden age. I needs to be altered and updated.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Wait why are they using a picture of Sylvester Pemberton's Star-Spangled Kid outfit in the picture? I thought that didn't seem right. Unless they just straight up combining him with the original Starman. Which is weird and expected since they do that a lot with these shows.