• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
www.syfy.com

John Carpenter teases 'Halloween Ends' will be 'departure' from first two films in new trilogy

When Michael Myers returns to the big screen this fall, don't expect the same old slasher fest as the previous two installments in the rebooted Halloween trilogy directed and co-written by David Gordon Green.

Reshoot info….

www.du-hd.com

‘Halloween Ends’ Heading Back to Savannah, Georgia for Two Weeks of Reshoots

According to the website know as Its Filming, Blumhouse and director David Gordon Green‘s Halloween Ends is heading back to Savannah, Georgia for two weeks of reshoots. Don’t panic! The film is still on schedule for its October release date. The site notes the following: “It appears the...

"Well, it's Halloween, and it ends," he answered with a little chuckle. "You'll see it's a departure from the others. It's interesting. Dave is a really good director. I love working with him." Carpenter didn't elaborate beyond that, though it's already been confirmed that the film takes place four years after the events ofHalloween 2018 and Halloween Kills — both of which unfolded on the same blood-soaked evening. Jamie Lee Curtis and Andi Matichak are slated to return as Laurie Strode and granddaughter Allyson, respectively.

Also this from someone who's been pretty reliable in the past….

There are some WILD rumors out there right now about this movie….it has me super intrigued. We're getting closer, should be getting a teaser or the first trailer before long.

A lot of smoke out there that Paramount is getting the rights to the franchise after Ends…don't really know what I think about that.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Nice, as someone who really didn't enjoy Kills but LOVED H2018, I'm still pumped for this.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I was thinking a few days ago that it's odd that we haven't seen a trailer yet, October is coming up real quick.

Like most people, I really enjoyed Halloween and thought Kills was... not great, to say the least. I'm hoping this ends up being more the former than the latter.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Yeah there were a lot of rumours going around about Ends being very different from the rest and likely dividing the fanbase. One theory from ViewerAnon saying the film has "other threats" was
the granddaughter character becoming the new killer, or the film ending with other kids starting to kill their families, so the "evil" lives on after Michael and makes it easy to make new Halloween movies

I just hope they actually kill Michael "for good" in this continuity and give Laurie a proper ending, then just reboot it with a whole new cast/crew in like 10-15 years.

JAT

Oct 27, 2017
I was so excited for the dumb premise of a whole town deciding to beat up Michael and they fucked it up. Kills was incredibly disappointing.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Don't hate 18 or Kills but don't love them either. I am intrigued though as to this actually ending the series.

Oct 30, 2017
Evil dies tonight!

Kills was such a goofy ass movie but I still enjoyed all its stupidity.

Also if those are the supposed rumors then it's just trying to do what Halloween 5 ended with.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
KILLS was such a disappointment, I don't know if I'm ready for this. I just hope it's not dumb. Whatever it is, pls don't be dumb.

KILLS felt like it was made by such a lesser filmmaker than the first film.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
From what I remember of the leaks, and that Twitter anon description... Really sounds like we are going to get another Rob Zombie H2.

OP
OP
Jerm411

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Some of the rumors I've read…I'll just run them down…

- Michael dies in the first act of the movie

- Silver Shamrock and the radio tower in Haddonfield are involved, possibly directly linked to Michael's killing spree

- There's some kind of cult in the movie (not Thorn) that are linked to Michael

- Glass Hill (the asylum Sartain references in H18) is heavily involved, there's a "prominent death" that takes place either in it or around it

- The Myers house is barely in the movie and only towards the beginning

- Some of the ideas in Ends are riffed from the original H4 script…Haddonfield is run down and half the town is gone, the other half are in shock/denial about what happened. The movie deals with more of the supernatural aspect of Michael and his "legend".

Again these are all rumors so who knows…there's a lot making the rounds in the Halloween community though.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Kills sucked, which on paper it should have been great as a violent slasher, but somehow they gave the most simple movie the worst fucking script possible.

That said, I do not hate the idea if it going in a different direction. We are like 15 movies in, so bring it on. They're 1 for 2 in this trilogy so far

Oct 30, 2017

- Silver Shamrock and the radio tower in Haddonfield are involved, possibly directly linked to Michael's killing spree

- Glass Hill (the asylum Sartain references in H18) is heavily involved, there's a "prominent death" that takes place either in it or around it

- Some of the ideas in Ends are riffed from the original H4 script…Haddonfield is run down and half the town is gone, the other half are in shock/denial about what happened. The movie deals with more of the supernatural aspect of Michael and his "legend".

Again these are all rumors so who knows…there's a lot making the rounds in the Halloween community though.
Wasn't it also rumored that
Silver Shamrock was "controlling" Michael through the radio towers or some shit?

Travo

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina
God, the coroner is going to eat Michael's brain, then terrorize Haddenfield. Laurie will have to use the book of the dead to send him to hell.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales

If that first spoiler happens I will fucking cackle like a maniac. I kinda love it and it's gonna piss so many people off lmfao.

OP
OP
Jerm411

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Wasn't it also rumored that
Silver Shamrock was "controlling" Michael through the radio towers or some shit?

Well I've read 2 different theories…

1. What you mention and the radio tower emits a pattern that sends him into a frenzy at different times but always on Halloween (hence his irregular pattern and why there's a 4 year time jump)

2. This one is batshit lol…he's a Silver Shamrock cyborg (this one is looney tones)

I've read a few fan theories too that the mask is a Silver Shamrock mask and what feeds him…hence why he always needs it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017

So much of this reads like people are pulling out random bits of the cancelled scripts detailed in the "Taking Shape II" book. It feels like folks just taking the ideas and saying bullshit to create rumors.

OP
OP
Jerm411

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
So much of this reads like people are pulling out random bits of the cancelled scripts detailed in the "Taking Shape II" book. It feels like folks just taking the ideas and saying bullshit to create rumors.

That very well could be…you know how these things go and suddenly everyone has a "source"…🤣🤷🏻‍♂️. It's fun to speculate on.

Oh another tidbit that I'll put in tags about the mask…

Jimmy Champane, who I trust implicitly when it comes to Halloween stuff, made a video where he said a source of his sent him a pic of the mask from Ends. Apparently it's pretty much the same mask from Kills but a lot dirtier, which makes sense again since there's a time jump.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
They better use that scrapped ending where Myers grows like a kaiju to 12ft tall at a drive in and becomes unstoppable. Fuck yea

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
well that's cool i guess. Kills was such a let down coming off halloween 2018, even though the movie in and if itself was aight. just pissed me off why'd they have to make it a trilogy, 2018 left it on a such a good note

Gabaghoul582

Banned
Nov 2, 2021

We are all Michael. Long Live the Curse of Thorn!

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there were a lot of rumours going around about Ends being very different from the rest and likely dividing the fanbase. One theory from ViewerAnon saying the film has "other threats" was
the granddaughter character becoming the new killer, or the film ending with other kids starting to kill their families, so the "evil" lives on after Michael and makes it easy to make new Halloween movies

I just hope they actually kill Michael "for good" in this continuity and give Laurie a proper ending, then just reboot it with a whole new cast/crew in like 10-15 years.

ain't no way this is true. If it is, DGG is getting shanked.