• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck, what?
Are you shitting me?

Who pays the $10,000?

If they win, plaintiffs can recover at least $10,000 for each abortion prohibited under the law. The money damages could well run higher if a lawsuit has many defendants in the case, one observer noted.

"The defendant — whether a provider, funder, clergyperson, friend or family member — pays the damages which are set at a minimum of $10,000. If there are several defendants, they each pay $10,000 in damages," Elizabeth Sepper, a professor specializing in health law and religious liberty at the University of Texas at Austin's School of Law.

"So a single abortion could generate tens of thousands of dollars for the bounty hunter plaintiffs delegated enforcement of this law," she told MarketWatch.

www.marketwatch.com

Texas abortion law: $10,000 penalty could incentivize 'bounty hunters' to make 'tens of thousands of dollars'

S.B. 8, Texas’ new abortion law, could affect the finances of anyone helping a woman end a pregnancy

Jun 15, 2020
Shame this shit not only hurts this idiot, but also everyone that works for him and the studios of games they publish. Not only stupid, but also very selfish.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin

whyvZvO.png

NaXQAJb.png

I'm sorry, what???

Oh my god.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
At least he let us know to avoid him, I suppose.
I'd prefer to know than support someone like that unknowingly.
I'm disappointed to find that I may have supported him indirectly via a bundle or giveaway, as I somehow have the Killing Floor titles in my Steam Library (never played them).

But what a piece of shit he is.

What the fuck.

Lmaoooo of course

-Hyperion-

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 14, 2021
go on the record as a pro-life game developer.

That's a lie. He's lying to you. He's a liar.

All the data shows anti-abortion laws don't reduce abortion rates, and in the US's case can increase it due to the fact Planned Parenthood provides contraceptive services. Anti-abortion increases infant mortality rates and mothers dying in childbirth as the laws disproptionately affect those in poverty (and even if you have money, if you're black your chance of death giving birth quadruples).

Anyone supporting anti-abortion laws is campaigning for more babies and mothers to die. It was only ever about oppressing women.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2019/06/abortion-laws-in-the-us-10-things-you-need-to-know/

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
God damn it...

I really like Tripwires multi-player shooters too (Red Orchestra and Rising Storm) as they always filled a under served niche of somewhere between a sim/tactical shooter and approachable arcade game gameplay.

There's a Tripwire employee that posts here. I can't imagine doing so without be well aware of the social and political leanings of this site. Curious how they feel about this.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
That's a lie. He's lying to you. He's a liar.

All the data shows anti-abortion laws don't reduce abortion rates, and in the US's case can increase it due to the fact Planned Parenthood provides contraceptive services. Anti-abortion increases infant mortality rates and mothers dying in childbirth as the laws disproptionately affect those in poverty (and even if you have money, if you're black your chance of death giving birth quadruples).

Anyone supporting anti-abortion laws is campaigning for more babies and mothers to die. It was only ever about oppressing women.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2019/06/abortion-laws-in-the-us-10-things-you-need-to-know/
As I said earlier.

Don't call them Pro Life. Call them what they really are.

Women Murderers

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Ah yes, combining the American past times of abusing and controlling women AND snitching on your fellow Americans to the government.

darthkarki

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
User banned (permanent): troll account, defending misogyny
Wow, that's awesome, good for him. 🙂

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
He was kind enough to let us know he is another anti-choice asshole. Fuck him.

Oct 27, 2017
Privileged cishet white men love jumping into the fray when they can support policies that disenfranchise and subjugate others.

Worthless scum. Fuck him and the rest in this industry that think the same way but are too cowardly to expose themselves as such.

Salmonax

Oct 27, 2017
It was just eating this loser up inside that he couldn't express his desire to oppress women. Imagine being so small.

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
I'm sure everyone at that studio really appreciates him putting them all on the spot like this. Either everyone there is as shitty as this dude, or he's more or less destroyed his working relationship with the rest of the Tripwire devs.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
User banned (1 month): Encouraging the harassment of another member over multiple posts in the thread
Tripwire posts here, right?

Explain your boss's stance and how your company is addressing it.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
There goes the last interest I had in their games. I'm glad Sony refunded 90% of the money I paid for Maneater when it was a PS+ game.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Twitter, for all this many many faults, has allowed so many otherwise theoretically beign people show who they really are. And for that I am forever grateful.

Fuck that guy.