• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Useful tip I just did. I didn't even know this was a feature on Steam.

That's what's I did with THQ Nordic back in the day, they still show up sometimes but faded out with an X over it so it's a good reminder. Does actually work since I've second guessed a few times when I wanted to buy something from them and steam reminded me. Haven't given them any money since.
Tripwire will be on the list now, I've really liked Killing Floor and Rising storm in the past too.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean I admit that I'm against abortions in the vast majority of situations, but I would never say they should be banned.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Stop. Please fucking stop.

Focus on the person who made the comment.
I'm literally not doing anything but posting in this thread. I'm not harassing anybody on other platforms. I don't see the purpose behind behaving like that.

But you're literally the one who posted the Twitter post bringing up the fact that behavior like this from this dude shouldn't be surprising, considering the lyrics in the OST of a game they released nearly 5 years ago.

Like, did nobody consider boycotting them when the lyrics in the game were incredibly pro-life, or... ?

Miracle Ache

Oct 25, 2017
Was planning on playing Maneater soon, but I'll be avoiding all Tripwire games from now on.

What a scumbag.

joshcam19

Nov 11, 2017
As a Texan, I'd like to say, FUCK OFF John Gibson.

Was going to start playing Maneater soon but that's off the table. Glad I didn't pay money for this trash. I think I can focus my attention on developers with a more positive message.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously. As if anyone below the CEO has a say in the CEO/co-owner putting his own band on the soundtrack.
If the CEO of the company you work for openly has these values though? And now apparently the other owner as well.

It's not like his opinions regarding abortion weren't public knowledge before he posted this Tweet.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Why do so many people in positions like him feel the urge to spread their shitty political views on Twitter? They must know how things will turn out. Are these just PR stunts to get attention?

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I get if you don't agree and it's your choice as a consumer if you want to support their games, but this is far from an "alt-right" view. Something like 47% of US adults describe themselves as pro-life (based off a quick google search).

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
"As an entertainer"…well, certainly has a point there. Certified clown.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I get if you don't agree and it's your choice as a consumer if you want to support their games, but this is far from an "alt-right" view. Something like 47% of US adults describe themselves as pro-life (based off a quick google search).
There have been other Tweets of his posted in this thread, along with lyrics from his music. He's definitely alt-right.

Also, just because 47% of US adults describe themselves as pro-life doesn't make them awful people. Trump was elected President after all.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
he should let us know how he feels about trans rights and gay marriage too then. you know, just to counteract all those other vocal peers of his.

Bish_Bosch

Apr 30, 2018
Why do so many people in positions like him feel the urge to spread their shitty political views on Twitter? They must know how things will turn out. Are these just PR stunts to get attention?

I mean we tend to portray CEO's as more socially-liberal because they have college degrees but generally executives are more socially conservative than their workers to but it may just be an age thing.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Jessica Fucking Christiansan.

Not only did they show contempt for humans with publishing of 6Days, they support trying to force control on women's bodies.

Truly despise this company's and this piece of filth's existence.

Edit: They do not, I'm a fucking dumbass and thought of Highwire when reading Tripwire.

Last edited:

Adam Tyner

Oct 25, 2017
Not in the least bit surprised. Tripwire is based in Georgia.
To be fair, Georgia supports Roe vs. Wade more than as the country overall. Results from a 2019 poll:

69% of Georgians, nearly 7 in 10, believe abortion should be legal and that the government should not prevent a woman from making the decision whether or not to have an abortion for herself.

And while this Pew Research poll was admittedly conducted more recently, they peg 59% of Americans as believing abortion should be legal in most/all cases.

And Tripwire is located in a suburb of Atlanta, which likely skews more in favor of supporting the legality of abortion than not.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Jessica Fucking Christiansan.

Not only did they show contempt for humans with publishing of 6Days, they support trying to force control on women's bodies.

Truly despise this company's and this piece of filth's existence.
If by 6Days you mean 6 Days in Fallujah, Tripwire ain't got nothing to do with it.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, Georgia supports Roe vs. Wade more than as the country overall. Results from a 2019 poll:

And while this Pew Research poll was admittedly conducted more recently, they peg 59% of Americans as believing abortion should be legal in most/all cases.

And Tripwire is located in a suburb of Atlanta, which likely skews more in favor of supporting the legality of abortion than not.

Something else people should understand is that there aren't very many game studios of Tripwire's size in Georgia. Any employees who want to quit out of protest will likely have to move half way across the country to find a new job.

lol goddamn

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
What are the chances this dude's been at PAX and has no idea about the shit he stirred up

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I have been a vocal supporter of maneater. This is disappointing to say the least.

Watch him open a game studio with Ben Shapiro and Gina Carano now and make God's not Dead the game.

Edit: removed tag since it was going to obviously be taken the wrong way lmao.

Last edited:

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Well, never played any of their games. Guess that shouldn't be too hard. I'm going to block/ ignore them on Steam now. Had no idea that was a feature!

edit:

guess you can't on mobile? Dang. Wanted to block Quantic dream and Ubisoft too

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I have been a vocal supporter of maneater. This is disappointing to say the least. Tripwire-Stone soooo it must not be fun working for this guy huh? Lol.

Watch him open a game studio with Ben Shapiro and Gina Carano now and make God's not Dead the game.
Imagine actually going and tagging them for something they have no responsibility for.

me rn