For US politics and election threads

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I will never understand people who revel in being cruel. It's such a sad existence.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
If you're on TikTok you'll know he is one of the most vile and repulsive people on the platform. Absolute scum.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can only assume this must be a joke, because if not he is truly a cruel and stupid person.

(Although, he can still be cruel and stupid and this can still be a joke. Both can be true, which I think is most likely).

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Absolute sociopaths. People like this should never, ever be in a position of power.

glaurung

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia
How utterly devoid of basic morals would one need to be to stoop to evil like this? Well, here's the answer I guess.

Lock up this cretin and throw away the key.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
www.huffpost.com

Critics Slam Ex-Trump WH Aide's 'Deeply Evil' Homeless Claim: 'This Is Who They Are'

A TikTok account with the video of John McEntee, a senior adviser to "Project 2025," captioned the clip as "just a joke."

John McEntee, an ex-aide in former President Donald Trump's administration, is facing backlash after he declared that he's "helping clean up the community" by distributing fake dollar bills to people who are homeless in a recent TikTok clip.

McEntee — also a senior adviser to the "Project 2025" blueprint for a possible second Trump term — made the claim in a TikTok video shared by The Right Stuff, a conservative dating app he co-founded in 2022.

"So I always keep this fake Hollywood money in my car so when a homeless person asks for money, then I give him like a fake $5 bill, so I feel good about myself, they feel good," said McEntee in a clip with the caption "Just a joke. Everyone calm down #fyp."

"And then, when they go to use it, they get arrested so I'm actually like helping clean up the community. You know, getting them off the street."

McEntee, who was described by The Atlantic as helping "set the stage" for the Jan. 6 attack, was fired from his Trump White House post amid a Department of Homeland Security investigation into financial crimes back in 2018 only to be rehired as the director of the presidential personnel office in 2020.

It's unclear whether the money in the clip is legitimate.

People could face up to 20 years in prison and be fined for knowingly and with the intent to defraud, possess or distribute any false, forged or counterfeit bill, according to 18 U.S. Code § 480.​

www.theatlantic.com

The Man Who Made January 6 Possible

The story of Johnny McEntee—the “deputy president” who rose to power at precisely the moment when democracy was falling apart

The office was run by Johnny McEntee. Just 29 when he got the job, he'd come up as Trump's body guy—the kid who carried the candidate's bags. One of Trump's most high-profile Cabinet secretaries described him to me as "a fucking idiot." But in 2020, his power was undeniable. Trump knew he was the one person willing to do anything Trump wanted. As another senior official told me, "He became the deputy president."

McEntee and his enforcers made the disastrous last weeks of the Trump presidency possible. They backed the president's manic drive to overturn the election, and helped set the stage for the January 6 assault on the Capitol. Thanks to them, in the end, the elusive "adults in the room"—those who might have been willing to confront the president or try to control his most destructive tendencies—were silenced or gone. But McEntee was there—bossing around Cabinet secretaries, decapitating the civilian leadership at the Pentagon, and forcing officials high and low to state their allegiance to Trump.

When Trump wasn't happy with the answers he was getting from White House Counsel Pat Cipollone, McEntee set up a rogue legal team. This back-channel operation played a previously unknown role in the effort to pressure Vice President Mike Pence to overturn the vote. Just days before January 6, McEntee sent Pence's office an absurd memo making the case that Pence would be following Thomas Jefferson's example if he used his power to declare Trump the winner of the 2020 election.

More than anyone else in the White House, McEntee was Trump's man through and through—a man who rose to power at precisely the moment when American democracy was falling apart.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
uhh wasn't this dude right at the center of power in the Trump admin..?

i remember comments even calling him the "shadow president", advising Trump on almost everything. and a Politico article calls him "chief of the White House personnel office and is responsible for filling thousands of jobs across the federal agencies."

HOW can this sort of complete psycho fucking internet troll get in that important of a position..? really unbelievable.. this TikTok clip is the type of behavior i would personally shun a family member over and never talk to again. just sickening inhumanity, he's the type of person who would LOVE to work in a torture prison. a piece of SHIT.

edit: and i don't care if it's "just a joke", since we know it's never just a joke with these literal fascists. it's part of their perverse playbook, to pretend to be a comedian (a really bad one too, every single time), when in reality they are ready and willing to actually do all the depraved things they flippantly "joke" about.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, he tagged it as a joke as a preemptive defense but we know the far-right never joke to be funny or insightful, they joke in order to hurt others and confess to cruelty they are already doing or very much want to do. As a way of openly communicating their hate to other conservatives to create a shared culture of enmity.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
He should be getting a knock on his door from the Secret Service today.

And the fucker just admits it.

Unless there is some concrete on camera evidence he did this, all he has to do is say it was all a joke to trigger the libs

The Secret Service will actually stake him out. The do that even for kids passing fake $20s to pizza places.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Evil bastard, I hope he gets some justice, one way or another.

Also, having an account on a "conservative dating app" would be enough of a red flag for any reasonable person.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
He should be getting a knock on his door from the Secret Service today.

And the fucker just admits it.

The Secret Service will actually stake him out. The do that even for kids passing fake $20s to pizza places.
A tangent, but they did this and it lead them to William Friedkin of all people (director of The Exorcist, The French Connection, To Live and Die in L.A. (relevant to this anecdote)). The kid of a member of the production staff on To Live and Die in L.A. unknowingly took prop money and spent it which kicked it all off. Anyway, Friedkin later described how he defeated the Secret Service once the statute of limitations expired:

FPEwgZxWYAIGhF0

FPEwgiCWYAAfJTv

Last edited:

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
These people don't deserve to breath.

Also if you're throwing someone in jail that takes tax dollars. Between meals, upkeep, and salaries in jail it's almost assuredly cheaper for taxpayers to just provide housing for homeless people. But these people don't want solutions. They want to punish poor people.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
If he's doing this he needs to be arrested because of of illegal. If he is not doing this then he is just a complete asshole because who would even think about being this malicious to such a vunerable population?

Foolhardy

May 4, 2024
Joke or not, (and I don't believe he was) it shows what type of person he is and character he has. And that's before getting into the Trump stuff. Just absolutely petty, vile, and disgusting behavior.

Filing him alongside Noem for "these are your people" arguments with family members.

Absolute sociopath regardless of whether he was telling the truth because that's what he celebrates.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
conservatives having to constantly resort to sicko stunts to get visibility is so succinctly pitiful and enraging.

just a completely unserious type of person, but all the more dangerous for it.

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
It is people like this that make me hope Heaven and Hell are real so they'll get exactly what they deserve.

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
Seems like all it would take is one person who was a victim of this dumbass to come forward and corroborate the story. His fingerprints would be on the fake shit, right? It would be such a wonderful end to this fuckery.

LordValhalla

Jan 9, 2018
I had no idea this chud was 34. I see his shit on tiktok from time to time and I could have sworn he was mid 40s.
I guess their are trade offs for selling your soul.