• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 12447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Needs more fire and despair.

More despair you say?

I34si3R.png

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
oh just give us the reveal already Capcom

There was another panel with bosh not too long ago when talking about his favorite rolls he hypes up Nero and mentions he's been back for Mocap work. I'n all of his latest interviews actually he turns focus towards Nero allot.

In this interview though he has to catch himself from talking about Nero too much (17:30) mark

wait

he also voices Vash and Ichigo? How the hell did I not know this?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
December is way too far away. If I'm gonna have my hopes crushes, I want it to happen sooner.

AnimalFather

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User was banned (24hr) - Second warning this week. Do not come into a thread and write something purposefully provocative.
dmc is a last last gen game. i can't believe people are still interested in that franchise.

OP
OP
MBS

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
If that was the case then Mario should've been irrelevant since Mario 64.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it's DMC4 Dante then yeah please give me Nero instead. I actually liked him much more then Dante in that game. Found him more fun to play as too.

Still don't think we're actually getting DMC5 but hey here's hoping.

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There was another panel with bosh not too long ago when talking about his favorite rolls he hypes up Nero and mentions he's been back for Mocap work. I'n all of his latest interviews actually he turns focus towards Nero allot.

In this interview though he has to catch himself from talking about Nero too much (17:30) mark

I wonder what the character that he was talking about before Nero was, the that was apparently a fan favorite but that he knew nothing about the game and didn't even remember the character's name, Guy? Super nice guy tho, met him once before DMC4 came out and he was so chill.

Thrillhouse

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How much longer must Itsuno delay the inevitable!

Itsuno wants to announce it but capcom needs MHW to have all the spotlight and I know it sucks but it's capcom and this is their plan. Meanwhile Itsuno just has to keep apologizing for Capcoms issues not his.

I'm also not sure just how much longer Dan southworth can stay quiet.

Same for me heh

Edit: For those hoping for DD2 : DD:Remaster will allow capcom to know if the series still has enough interest to warrant a sequel so you better buy it.

Alo0oy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bahrain
If he's gonna be playable in DMC5, I hope they get rid of the rev system. It was a convoluted and unnecessary complication to the combat.

Oct 27, 2017
It's been so long that I just want DMC5 to have Dante. Nero and Virgil are cool but I was the main man himself back while the imposter can stay trapped in an abandoned Hot Topic.

Last edited:

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
As much as I want DMC5... this is another one of those "prepare to be disappointed" things waiting to happen, then a huge backlash from fans like this was official confirmation.

Keep hope but keep it in check guys! Don't end up like the Versus XIII people haha.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I want DMC5... this is another one of those "prepare to be disappointed" things waiting to happen, then a huge backlash from fans like this was official confirmation.

Keep hope but keep it in check guys! Don't end up like the Versus XIII people haha.
Itsuno will deliver us. I believe.

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
Johnny Young Bosch (Nero VA) made an appearance on Manchester ComicCon in August. Among the pile of questions, he was asked about DMC5 being a reality or not. His body language and his facial expession were so obvious, that people burst out laughing the moment after. Oh, and that was basically a stealth non-confirmation confirmation right there fellas.

Here's the snippet:

4bGLvb3.gif

I met Reuben Langdon early this year and he kinda gave me the same expression when i asked him about it.

Me and him playing SFV, he did beat my ass badly.

SHnkkov.jpg

Omeganex9999

Oct 25, 2017
London
I mean, a no is easy and harmless, whereas a yes can mean trouble. Therefore we can say DMC5 is happening.

There is absolutely no proof and we are all just being delusional

Deleted member 19761

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There was a lot of initial dislike for Nero but over time I feel he's become a fan favorite and easily accepted as one of the desired playable characters in DMC5.

I remember the first time I played DMC4 - I wanted to play Dante instead, but came to really like Nero and every time Dante came on screen it was frickin cool because he had this whole mystery/villainous air about him. The story in DMC4 isn't some great classic, but the relationship between Nero and Dante is easily the strongest story point the series has ever had and was expertly done. In other words, Nero made Dante even cooler while being likable himself.

Also his weapons are really cool and the MaxACT system is absolutely genius, a blast to pull off. There's nothing quite like it.

So yeah, I liked his presence in the story and his gameplay is super fun, I couldn't really imagine him not being in DMC5 tbh.

philstorm95

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's my greatest fear the only capcom game who does not look subpar budget wise this gen is MHW, even though Resi 7 was awesome we could see how rushed the end of that game was.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I was there for this, he was doing the same kind of thing for questions about another anime he's in and if they were returning (I don't know what the anime was so I forgot it)

I didn't take this as confirmation but I'd love a DmC5
Code Geass? He's fabulous in the dub for that, and a third season was announced some time ago.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
dmc is a last last gen game. i can't believe people are still interested in that franchise.

Hell nah. But I don't think you deserved a ban for such a wrong statement either haha

Man I really hope capcom doesn't cheap out on this one. Gimme something on par with 3 or 4 plz. Nero in 4 was mad underrated tbh. The revving of his sword in his combos felt great once you got the timing right and the devil arm made for some good aerials too

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
I remember the first time I played DMC4 - I wanted to play Dante instead, but came to really like Nero and every time Dante came on screen it was frickin cool because he had this whole mystery/villainous air about him. The story in DMC4 isn't some great classic, but the relationship between Nero and Dante is easily the strongest story point the series has ever had and was expertly done. In other words, Nero made Dante even cooler while being likable himself.

Same for me. Nero grew on me on sub sequential playthroughs and playing DMC4SE cemented his position pretty hard for me.
Hope he comes back.

EXPBonus

Oct 30, 2017
Wonder if we'll get cocky Dante, or brooding Dante from Devil May Cry 2, he has to be catching up to that age by now right?

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, wasn't there some sort of a "demand list" moving around some years ago about what the fans want in DMC5? Yeah... I'm sure Itsuno will deliver but I get the feeling most people will just shit on it.

Wonder if we'll get cocky Dante, or brooding Dante from Devil May Cry 2, he has to be catching up to that age by now right?
Most likely Dante from DMC3/DMC4, there's no way it's going to be DMC1 or DMC2 Dante.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
That's the one. I don't think he knew it was announced or something. My friend was saying he should be able to talk about it.

They are making a sequel of some sort, but there's no specific date or even format. Just the title and a proof-of-concept PV. It'll probably air late in 2018 as far as I can speculate, so he can't really answer that question.