passepied joe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I know there's some Filthy Frank fans on Era, so I thought some of you guys would have liked to know. I'm glad he's focusing on music now, but the show was fun while it lasted.

Chuchubabe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine this dude trying to get a normal job and someone reconizes him and shows to the boss those videos.

Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I've only ever seen the Vox video on this stuff. Even from that it seems like the guy was over the whole Filthy Frank thing. And it seems like nothing of value will be lost.

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
I've only ever enjoyed maybe 2 or three clips of Filthy Frank and found the rest insufferable. Interesting to find he doesn't enjoy it anymore either. Hope he finds new footing with something that's not so obnoxious.

Deleted member 14002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea who he was til Vox covered him.

Summary:
Guy rose to fame playing characters that engage in edge humour. He now wants to go serious with his music career and wants to distance himself from the way he made his fame through offensive humour.

iDubbbz next. The fan-base for that like subsection of Youtube is just awful.

Agreed though as long as there's demand someone else will just come.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I wish him luck in his future endeavors. I remember watching the shit out of some Filthy Frank a couple years ago. I think I started with the weeaboo one.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love how stupid videos but good luck to whatever he does. I hope he makes one final goodbye video someday.

OP
OP
passepied joe

passepied joe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Summary:
Guy rose to fame playing characters that engage in edge humour. He now wants to go serious with his music career and wants to distance himself from the way he made his fame through offensive humour.
I can't blame him at all for using his silly videos as a jumping off point. It was his intent from the start and he already has a dedicated fanbase for his stuff. Pretty smart tbh

Depths

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only found a few of the Filthy Frank vids funny and that was years ago. Most of it was pretty bad. I dunno how successful his music career will be. Not a big fan of it but I guess he has a fan base at least.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The writing was on the wall.

You can't be both a serious musician making emotional music and a boundary-pushing comedian who does extreme grossout pranks and offensive jokes.

Best wishes to George, though I hope he can find a better musical lane than emo alt-pop.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Good luck to Joji/George. Filthy Frank will always be a classic, but doing the same shtick forever has got to be stressful

Deleted member 268

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's been wanting to do this for a long time.

I enjoyed some of his content. Certainly not all of it, but I thought he was funny.

He'll probably feature in videos of his buddies.

Last edited:

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Imagine this dude trying to get a normal job and someone reconizes him and shows to the boss those videos.
5yOHJUe.gif

Deleted member 32726

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Scrubbing the walls clean if you ask me. He probably has been wanting to do this, and now he has. Nice to see things work out so well for somebody. Hopefully people can move on from that style of humor.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
I'll miss him, his humor was on point but then lost the edge on some stuff and you can notice how he didn't gave two shits anymore.

Glad the Joji project is working out tho.

Oct 25, 2017
Never found this dude that funny and his music sounds like bad James Blake demos. Wish him the best with moving beyond gutter-level humor.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Dunno about everyone else, but I personally loved his EP.
I'm glad he's walking away from this (finally.), I remember when he released that video about having health issues way back and he had to delete it for various reasons (even though it got re-uploaded). Even if he wasn't successful in music, I'm just glad he's taking the better road for his health.

Yumiko

Oct 25, 2017
It definitely ran its course and you could tell he was done with it.

Idubbbz can make genuinely good commentary but he just needs to stop being so edgy all the time.

Ethan became the big channels he was taking down at the start.

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
I hope with his new music he will still incorporate some rap/trap stuff because man he is great at it. I am glad though that he is moving on, Filthy Frank as a whole wasn't something I believe could have been sustainable.

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
His Music is meh, but has a surprising amount of views on youtube, like 10 mil+ on some videos. I think he'll be alright.

Butz

Nov 21, 2017
iDubbbz next. The fan-base for that like subsection of Youtube is just awful.

I've only watched his Content Cop videos and thought they were a pretty good response to some of the awful people on Youtube that became millionaires by being cruel, awful human beings. The guy goes heavy on the self-deprecation in each of those videos, too.

Last edited: