• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ballpoint Ren

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh shit, just found this thread, glad to see some Jojo fans on ERA! Wasn't really feeling my avatar at first, but this thread gives me a little more confidence in it.

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I FOUND IT AT LAST! BREADS'S MASTERPIECE!

Q2heUxD.gif

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
So guys
How would you rank the finales?
I feel like Part 5's finale is the weakest among the series.
Part 6 would've been cooler if it was Jolene ending the battle :/

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Stone Ocean > Diamond is Unbreakable > Steel Ball Run > Stardust Crusaders > Battle Tendency > Phantom Blood > Vento Aureo

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I personally would rank Part 3's finale, Dio battle, among the best in the series. It's volumes dedicated to the main villain and filled with glorious Araki absurdity and shonen goodness.

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Don't get me wrong - Stardust Crusaders being in the middle of my rankings does not mean it's mediocre in any way. My big thing, however, is emotional impact. Stone Ocean had my mind and heart in the palm of its hands. I think almost everyone who finishes SO after reading the entire series up to that point goes through the "Stone Ocean Reflection" phase afterwards. It just floors me.

DiU, conversely, takes things in a radically different direction. Whereas SO is all about things winding down, DiU feels more like things building up until you hit the resolution and then it surveys the lay of the land in a really satisfying way. SBR is kind of a mix of the two - as a reader, I got decked by several things that happened towards the end, but at the same time, there were a couple points of light that really shone.

Stardust Crusaders definitely gets the blood pumping and there was certainly an emotional investment while reading it, but it didn't quite reach the same level for me as those other three. Same thing w BT and PB, really; they did a good job of keeping me hooked, but I wasn't quite as spellbound as I was with those other arcs.

I think Vento Aureo is the only ending that really made me go "Gee, I wish Araki had tried X instead of Y for this finale", but at the same time, I wouldn't say it's a bad ending, simply weaker than its counterparts.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I still like the Dio fight in part 7 and it's still my favorite part. I get why people loved it and I kinda did

However i still think it would have been better to rewrite ending with Valentine

Doesn't help it's not even our Diego and is more of a dick

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stone ocean starts off strong but gets kind of bad at the end imo, only JoJo I don't care much for.

Ballpoint Ren

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So guys

7>3>4>6>2>1>5

Nothing comes close than
THE WORLD
coming out of nowhere at the end of Steel Ball Run. And even before that the fight against
The motherfucking president of the united states
was amazing.

The final battle against Dio in Part 3 is legendary for reasons that don't even have to be said.
The Bites the Dust arc at the end of Part 4 is tense as fuck and keeps you on edge for every single page.

Part 6's ending is a trip and emotional, but it's rushed ending due to its dip in popularity during its publication doesn't go unnoticed.

Part 2 is over-the-top and hype as FUCK, has some of the best battles, but doesn't hold up to the suspense of the Parts listed above.

Part 1 was okay. The final battle against Dio was good and the boat scene was emotional, but Araki improves so much with the later parts that Phantom Blood can't even hold a candle to the rest.

I read those last chapters of Part 5 when the old sub-par translation was still a thing, it dragged on for me and it honestly felt like Araki was pulling a lot of bullshit out of his ass. Part 5 has some of the coolest stands, but if it wasn't for The Arrow or
Polneraff
then this would have been a side story.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
JoJo Part 6 is all about the weird shit that goes on in it. It starts getting good from KISS onwards.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I think every Jojo has that adrenalin pumping through the ending.

Stardust Crusaders and Diamond is Unbreakable have the best satisfying endings.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain Rohan at the Louvre's ending? Was that chick Rohan was in love with a ghost? And how does Rohan get his memories back? He wipes the writing off of his face?

paprika

Oct 25, 2017
Let me know when you find a great source. No way i'll watch on 480p! (The best I found)

There's a 356mb on on JJCA. But I haven't watched so no clue the resolution.

apparently it was released on DVD only for whatever reason so 480p is the best we get, sadly

So guys

I agree with this. I really like Diavolo's concept, Giorno as a protagonist and (most of) the gang, but part 5 is the weakest overall. I dunno how Araki dropped the ball so hard. final battle is such a mess without being really that interesting. all that
body switching
didn't help either

that said, part 7 is my favorite in just about every way

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rank the finales the same way I'd rank the series:

Battle Tendency = Vento Aureo = SBR> Stone Ocean > Stardust Crusaders > DIU > Phantom Blood

It's kinda hard to separate the finale form the series.

Oct 26, 2017
Best finale
Post 3 Jojo vs Dio
Part 1 Johnathan's death
Part 7 Dio gets "ahead"
Part 2 stopped thinking
Part 6 resetera
Part 4 ambulance
Part 5 what happened?

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
So guys

I'd go with: Stone Ocean, Steel Ball Run, Stardust Crusaders, Battle Tendency, Diamond is Unbreakable, Vento Aureo, Phantom Blood.

I love how fucking nuts Stone Ocean gets in the second half. It's by far the part that made me stop in my tracks the most and think "what the hell is even happening right now???".

RadioHeadAche

Oct 26, 2017
The Diamond anime ending is excellent, I think even better than the manga. Aside from the epilogue, the voices and music really make Kira's final moments exhilarating. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I've gotten a bit teary-eyed every time I've watched ep:39.

I think part 5 is weak because it just jumps to Giorno being the boss. It felt rather sudden.

I think Jojo's had a pretty good track record with endings overall.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Part 5's ending would be a lot more tolerable if it wasn't for the Rolling Stone nonsense (actually did the new translation finish? I wonder if that would make more sense).

Define finale though. Like the end of the fight? Or the actual ending. I don't like the end of the Kars fight but Joseph crashing his own funeral is glorious.

faircure

Oct 27, 2017
Hi everyone!! I was a lurker on the previous OTs but I thought it was time to post.

Just really quick, part 7 is my favorite part and Gyro my favorite character. For non-part 7 characters, I think it's Narancia or Jolyne. I really hope the later parts are animated sometime this decade ):

For the finale topic, I think part 5, 6 and 1 really don't do it for me. In 5 and 6, I thought it was just really difficult to follow what was happening. None of the deaths had much impact imo since I was so confused. Diavolo is also just the weakest villain, I wish Doppio was the big bad 100% lol.
Part 4 and 7 had my favorite finales, I was on the edge of my seat from Rohan's first run in with Bites the Dusto on. On the other hand SBR just made me very emotional ):

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Part 5's ending would be a lot more tolerable if it wasn't for the Rolling Stone nonsense (actually did the new translation finish? I wonder if that would make more sense).

Define finale though. Like the end of the fight? Or the actual ending. I don't like the end of the Kars fight but Joseph crashing his own funeral is glorious.

5 has been done for a while. Also Rolling Stone is more of an epilogue. Same with Joseph's funeral.

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to figure out if I could pull off another JoJo character for Halloween. Not going to be this year obviously, but might give it a go in 2018. Already dressed as Kira so that's out.

My best bets are probably either Mista or Weather Report. Decision, decisions... :P

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
ERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERA
ERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERAERA

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
So I unlocked a sailor's uniform in Mario Odyssey and now I am trying to figure out how to get Cappy to "plunder" already.

otaku_777

Oct 30, 2017
do we have confirmation on part 5 anime?

No confirmation. But there was a hint in the third opening of the part 4 anime. There is a street sign that says "golden wind" that is metaphorically pointing to the future. "Golden Wind" is a reference to Vento Aureo, the title for Part 5.

Part 5 had the best stand battles and pacing. I thought the manga could have used more character development, because it felt like it was nothing but stand battle after stand battle. I loved the stand battles though, they were really really fun.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Part 5 was popular enough for Capcom to make a game based on it, so it has its popularity.
It's only a matter of time but the THRIST IS REAL.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hi jojoera.

Still undecided about starting jojolion or waiting until it ends. How long until that?

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Thx, I feel like starting it soon.

Want to experience some of the monthly waiting