• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vaern

Fallen Guardian
Jan 9, 2023
I would be more interested in Hickman writing a proper Alien comic. The Xenomorph/Engineer lore is very interesting with the right writer.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
We aren't even getting to see his act 2, as the reason he left iirc is that when he was ready to wrap up act 1 the rest of the x-men team said "but this status quo is such fertile soil to explore brand new stories and we aren't done yet" and he said fair enough

but then that x-men writing team just regurgitated the same x-men stories we've been reading on repeat since the 80s.

I've felt so robbed by the whole affair.
Tbh Hickman's Inferno felt more rushed to me than Fall of X has.

Also, while we don't know what his act 2 and 3 were gonna be, it seemed like he wasn't planning on keeping the Krakoa status quo for much longer anyway, which is why the other writers wanted to keep it going longer.

Feb 16, 2022
Tbh Hickman's Inferno felt more rushed to me than Fall of X has.

Also, while we don't know what his act 2 and 3 were gonna be, it seemed like he wasn't planning on keeping the Krakoa status quo for much longer anyway, which is why the other writers wanted to keep it going longer.
That's because his Inferno wasn't originally part of his plans, it was written to accommodate him handing off the line to the rest.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
After Carol's history with the Brood you better find a way to write her out of this story as fast as humanly possible.

1) She can solo races like the xenomorphs in her sleep
2) Even if this comic does somehow give her a weakness, she absolutely cannot be "impregnated" by a facehugger (even if it comes out of the chest instead) or anything of that sort that even vaguely brings back what happened with the Brood as Marvel will rightfully be roasted for that.

So, better figure out how to write her out then.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Kudos to who came up with that logo!

QerBmU8.jpeg
Yea, very Weyland-Yutani.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
We aren't even getting to see his act 2, as the reason he left iirc is that when he was ready to wrap up act 1 the rest of the x-men team said "but this status quo is such fertile soil to explore brand new stories and we aren't done yet" and he said fair enough

but then that x-men writing team just regurgitated the same x-men stories we've been reading on repeat since the 80s.

I've felt so robbed by the whole affair.

Yup. I think this was the last time I gave mainstream cape comics a chance. It felt fresh for 15 minutes, and then they killed it. I hate superhero comics these days.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Uhh...Cap is the only one on that cover who could realistically be harmed by an Alien?

Tony would see them coming with heat/motion sensors, and has more powerful guns than whatever the soldiers were using in Aliens.

Carol would obliterate them.
I won't argue Carol, but Tony is no more kitted out than the average Predator and they aren't exactly Alien proof.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd also guess Wolverine. Seems like a no brainer, throwing in characters that could survive chestbusters while also giving Aliens shit like adamantium skeletons and gamma radiation.

Oh definitely, as well as Hulk.

But seeing as how this is apparently an out-of-continuity series where it's actually possible for legit deaths to happen, Tony or Hank get my vote if I had to guess who the first person on the team to get facehugged and die from an initial chestburster would be.

They both share that Kane energy of being a curious scientist who can't resist reaching down to take a closer look imo.

tumblr_lsf7jonnxV1qfr6udo7_400.gif

Oct 29, 2017

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
After Carol's history with the Brood you better find a way to write her out of this story as fast as humanly possible.

2) Even if this comic does somehow give her a weakness, she absolutely cannot be "impregnated" by a facehugger (even if it comes out of the chest instead) or anything of that sort that even vaguely brings back what happened with the Brood as Marvel will rightfully be roasted for that.

You'd think that even in the absolutely insane event that she SOMEHOW lets a facehugger get close enough to her, she could just go Binary and burn it out before it has a chance to do anything to her.

They really should've just contrived an excuse for her to be offworld while this is going on. Carol is literally MADE to obliterate monsters like the Xenos.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017

Could you imagine if they had Carole get impregnated through rape a THIRD time?

My lord.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'd also guess Wolverine. Seems like a no brainer, throwing in characters that could survive chestbusters while also giving Aliens shit like adamantium skeletons and gamma radiation.

I don't think Xenomorphs can mimic artificial enhancements to bodies. They aren't metamorphs, they're just genetic chimeras.

If anything, Wolverine's blood should be poisonous to them.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, having Carol on the damn cover & involved in this story is certainly a choice. She could make this a one-shot real quick. Honestly, she's been dealing with pocket dimensions in her own title a lot lately, they couldn't just have her get stuck in one until this story ends? Regardless, after her last run had her literally annihilating the Brood....AGAIN, this seems a little redundant. She will likely be decommissioned by some stupid reasoning very early on.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
If they use Wolverine then they are just going to be alcoholic aliens that have a thing for redheads.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
God I forgot about that.

Maybe Galactus gets facehugged.

It's like I said earlier, I think the only reasonable way they could make Xenos a threat in a story Carol is involved in is if the Xenos attack the Skrulls first and make hybrids out of THEM. A Skrull/Xenomorph hybrid would extremely dangerous...but even then, Carol could still absolutely wipe the floor with them.

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
Aliens, Hickman, Avengers, Ribic…

This sounds like someone at Marvel did a Mad Libs with properties and creators, but I'm down for it.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

Wolverine could get some slick panels. Dig their claws into an Xenomorph just to have their skin start melting from the acid blood.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I can dig Alien vs Predator because everyone in all these movies are set up to just die.

I can't really think of a scenario where I'd be like "ahh yes, I can't wait to see which hero gets brutally killed!"

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
This shit is always so dull. I don't wanna see this since everyone will be scaled down, because the Avengers should no diff this. I don't even like power scaling, but when its lopsided it bothers me.