• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

Love that the cast gets to hang out on these codec calls after all these years.

Still hope we get that Metal Gear Solid movie, at least it doesn't seem to be totally shelved.

DAY ONE
mgs034kykcp.jpg

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
A) That is breathtaking art.
B) Giant shoulder gun, red triangular laser sight? Metal Gear Rex was a Predator all along!

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
This is never happening and I'm not really convinced any director, let alone the guy who made Kong Skull Island, can make it work in live-action.

bud

Oct 27, 2017
hayter sounds (almost) exactly like in the first game.

amazing.

thought his voice had gone bad--it was really bad in 4--but i guess that was due to the direction.

OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017
He also had 31 pieces of artwork shared back in 2018, to the ones who missed it:

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
There better be a special edition blu ray where the game VAs dub over their characters once this shit finally comes out.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still surprised that la-li-lu-le-NO joke never happened in one of the games

Also I like the implication that Snake is outside Campbell's house buck naked

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
He always talks like it's something that's in pre-production but as far as I'm aware no studio has actually backed this, right? And it has been years of him posting art or talking about it on Twitter.

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He always talks like it's something that's in pre-production but as far as I'm aware no studio has actually backed this, right? And it has been years of him posting art or talking about it on Twitter.
And the further time passes, the less likely it is to happen.

I don't see any studio funding a video game movie for a series that is basically dead at this point.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if the movie is average or bad, it'll be worth it just to have a big budget Metal Gear mech on screen.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
I really hope snake is played by a nobody actor. I'm fine with the supporting cast being fan-casting bait or similar, but Snake has to stand as his own character and not just "Famous Face". For all the shit Kojima gets about Kiefer Sutherland, his subdued performance at least didn't get in the way of Snake when he spoke, but that'll hard to pull off in a Hollywood movie.

OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017
They are turning in drafts though. And wasn't there a rumor that PlayStation Productions got involved?

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't this dude get swept up in some #MeToo allegations?
yep

this movie isn't getting made and dude's constant attempts at drumming up interest for it on twitter (which is now how business deals in film get made???? (he's made a Hollywood movie based on Kong?????? (so how does he not know this??????))) are kind of sad

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
This is never happening and I'm not really convinced any director, let alone the guy who made Kong Skull Island, can make it work in live-action.

I dunno the bombastic cheese of metal gear solid was tailor made for Hollywood-era John Woo to adapt

Now tho, i dunno. A korean director like bong joon ho. But thats a pipedream. If this ever gets made, and thats highly unlikely, vogt roberts would make a turd

Fuck it id even take paul anderson over this guy

Mathezar

Oct 27, 2017
lol this guy. I honestly would love to know what makes him think he is the director of the Metal Gear Solid movie. Which studio hired him to direct it? There is no movie. Please enlighten me.
It's like me saying I'm the director of the upcoming Kirby movie. When is it releasing or when are you even starting production I hear you ask? I have no news on that... Here, have some concept art!

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
He is now posting ILM concept art.
It looks like his movie takes places across several games.
Also, he liked a tweet asking Cate Blanchett for the BOSS.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
The movie probably won't ever happen but that art is really nice.

That was an awesome listen lmao. Love those VAs, glad they got to have a little fun with their characters together again in this little codec skit.