• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Which part of your reply didn't I address? I read your entire comment, and saw your reasoning. I addressed your main points. I don't agree with them. There is no "handwaving" going on. I don't agree with your reasoning behind not really caring about or feeling intimidated by Thanos. My "goalpost" is that Thanos makes you hate him, but Vader doesn't. You said IW does nothing to make you hate Thanos. I said I don't agree, and that the only way you could feel that way is if you don't really care about the MCU characters. Goalpost was never moved. IW made me hate Thanos, moreso than any Star Wars film made me hate Vader. You don't agree. That's fine.
You didnt though, you just said "I dont see why you watched infinity war, you must not care about the characters." Which is a strawman and entirely irrelevant.
The only characters that truly die are Vision, who has never had much screen time and spends most of it being robotic. Why should I be bothered by his death?
Loki spends most of his time being a villain, why should I be bothered by his death?
Gamora is really the only one, and its less that Im not bothered by her death and moreso that that entire plotline feels unconvincing and unearned.

You've not addressed:
-That Thanos is inconsistent tonally
-That the members of the cast you spent the most time with throughout the franchise and this would feel most connected to are still here
-The attempts to humanize Thanos are at odds with making you want to hate him.
-Anyone can wield the Infinty Gauntlet, it has nothing to do with Thanos' raw power
-Vader's attacks are personal for each hero, Thanos' are not

Im not going to bother retyping everything else, but you haven't really addressed anything that I've expressed.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, I didn't write these films, take up your issues with the Russos and the writers of the Doctor Strange film.

His plans all require an insane degree of luck to be successful
The mob and gang he takes over immediately trusts them because he kills a guy and at no point does anyone think to betray him despite having the numbers and upper hand. He may be right, but there's no reason they should work with him.
You don't actually know how much of the mob works for him. Most of his lackeys are mentally unstable patients.

On top of him guessing that his actions would create two face.
He didn't actually know what Harvey would have become that's why he goes to the hospital to convince him. When Harvey tells him, "you live, you die" when showing the coin, the Joker pretty much assumes Harvey's trajectory at this point since Harvey wasn't about murder before.

on top of him appearing and dissapearing without being seen or caught and having the time and ability to pull off the stunts he does with no one noticing or alarming anyone, this is in the same film where Batman has the ability to hack into every camera in whatever location. Once or twice, fine, but the whole character's success is built around it without any explanation given as to why, and I think that could have been done much better.
How could it have been done better? Showing escape routes? The Joker clearly thinks things through by using grenades as protection, mentally unstable patients as henchmen to pretend they're taking his corpse to Gambol. There's enough info to believe the Joker has thought his getaway through. Do you even need an explanation as how to how the hero or villain miraculously never gets caught by law enforcement? There wouldn't be a movie if the Joker gets SWAT shooting bullet holes in his face during the bank robbery nor would there even be a franchise if Batman is arrested day 2 of his crusade. You're applying real world logic to people who clearly don't abide by it. You may as well ask, "how come no one knows that Superman is Clark Kent, in the day of mass cameras, one would put 2 and 2 together".

It's being nitpicky, sure but It's something I feel could have been solved with relatively few changes and would have worked better.
You can't actually solve this without being more realistic. Realistic means there is no movie.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
You don't actually know how much of the mob works for him. Most of his lackeys are mentally unstable patients.
I suppose that's fair, just feels unconvincing that they decide to work for him at all, but to each their own.
He didn't actually know what Harvey would have become that's why he goes to the hospital to convince him. When Harvey tells him, "you live, you die" when showing the coin, the Joker pretty much assumes Harvey's trajectory at this point since Harvey wasn't about murder before.
Fair enough
How could it have been done better? Showing escape routes? The Joker clearly thinks things through by using grenades as protection, mentally unstable patients as henchmen to pretend they're taking his corpse to Gambol. There's enough info to believe the Joker has thought his getaway through. Do you even need an explanation as how to how the hero or villain miraculously never gets caught by law enforcement? There wouldn't be a movie if the Joker gets SWAT shooting bullet holes in his face during the bank robbery nor would there even be a franchise if Batman is arrested day 2 of his crusade.
I disagree with that you can't have a movie if you add some logic. Batman gets away because he's rich and has a number of gadgets and resources that allow him to do things and get away with things that law enforcement can't keep up with for both physical, technological and budgetary reasons. That's pretty clearly outlined in all the films and every aspect of Batman lol. I think it would be more interesting if Joker DID have the SWAT shooting at him and people catching him but still managed to outsmart them and get away eventually, like he does in every other interpretation of the character. It's not really to the detriment of the film to put a little more thought and logic into how things happen, it's certainly not necessary, but I think it makes for a better film.

You're applying real world logic to people who clearly don't abide by it. You may as well ask, "how come no one knows that Superman is Clark Kent, in the day of mass cameras, one would put 2 and 2 together"
I did say I was being nitpicky
but it's true

You can't actually solve this without being more realistic. Realistic means there is no movie.
If you think that being more realistic means that a movie can't exist, it says more about a lack of creativity for creating and resolving situations than it does as an actual point. It's not even about realism per say, it just makes films better. It's why films like Fury Road and 2049 are so good, despite neither of them being realistic, each of them has a reasonable degree of logical thought applied to the films plot and how things fit together.

Oct 27, 2017
We need time for the movie to really set in before we can say one way or another. Both actors disappeared into the roles they were playing. I was stunned by how many times I thought joker was a real person and not just some guy in makeup.

Josh Brolin kind of had to have a great performance because he basically is the star of infinity war. Its his movie.

from the title crawl not having the usual epic and triumphant marvel music to the end credit tag that says THANOS will return. This is Marvel's first superVILLAIN film. He was the hero in this movie and got a hero's reward( accomplishment of a goal he reluctantly accepted)

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
We need time for the movie to really set in before we can say one way or another. Both actors disappeared into the roles they were playing. I was stunned by how many times I thought joker was a real person and not just some guy in makeup.

Josh Brolin kind of had to have a great performance because he basically is the star of infinity war. Its his movie.

from the title crawl not having the usual epic and triumphant marvel music to the end credit tag that says THANOS will return. This is Marvel's first superVILLAIN film. He was the hero in this movie and got a hero's reward( accomplishment of a goal he reluctantly accepted)
That's an interesting perspective, and definitely fits a lot of the narrative structure

And a much more successful approach to a supervillain movie than DC

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I suppose that's fair, just feels unconvincing that they decide to work for him at all, but to each their own.
They were in a room full of Joker's henchmen. Chechen's organization is basically over at that point. The mob doesn't work for Joker as the mob is a group of figures like Malroni and others.

I disagree with that you can't have a movie if you add some logic. Batman gets away because he's rich and has a number of gadgets and resources that allow him to do things and get away with things that law enforcement can't keep up with for both physical, technological and budgetary reasons. That's pretty clearly outlined in all the films and every aspect of Batman lol. I think it would be more interesting if Joker DID have the SWAT shooting at him and people catching him but still managed to outsmart them and get away eventually, like he does in every other interpretation of the character. It's not really to the detriment of the film to put a little more thought and logic into how things happen, it's certainly not necessary, but I think it makes for a better film.
There is logic to the movie, you just don't like it but critics and audiences did. "better" is relative as you don't actually need Joker to detail his escape plan unless you disregard a bus in a school bus line, grenades to scare off the mob, henchmen holding Gambol, Joker running through a parade dressed as a cop, Joker using a bomb inside a person as a distraction to escape the precinct, Joker tossing Rachel off the building to escape Batman, or those 2 times where is caught after trying to get Batman on the road or at the end.

You even have Joker tell you he's been ripping off mob bosses for years so he has experience in, ya know, not getting caught.

Like, Joker isn't breaking any internal logic the movie sets forth. Your point is ridiculous and meaningless.

If you think that being more realistic means that a movie can't exist, it says more about a lack of creativity for creating and resolving situations than it does as an actual point. It's not even about realism per say, it just makes films better. It's why films like Fury Road and 2049 are so good, despite neither of them being realistic, each of them has a reasonable degree of logical thought applied to the films plot and how things fit together.

Fury Road isn't great because of the logic. It's the story telling through action and camera work where each frame can give off visual information through quadrants.

You're saying, "just makes films better" but what suggestion do you have that would improve the film? Remember, these changes must fit within the established themes and moral of the story -- the reason why the movie exists in its current way.

Like, you're entire thing so far has been, "well, he just gets away, so they lack creativity, it could be better". I'm pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about at this point. You couldn't even recall Harvey's transformation scene and why its important.

FYI: The Joker worked for the mob at some point, and the mob had police working for them, it's not a stretch to assume the mob told them to stay away from the Joker as its clearly established throughout that the police are corrupt except for Gordan's unit -- SURPRISE THERE'S CORRUPT COPS THERE TOO who kidnap Dent and Rachel and take 'em to warehouses the Joker set up.

INTERESTING.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
They were in a room full of Joker's henchmen. Chechen's organization is basically over at that point. The mob doesn't work for Joker as the mob is a group of figures like Malroni and others.

There is logic to the movie, you just don't like it but critics and audiences did. "better" is relative as you don't actually need Joker to detail his escape plan unless you disregard a bus in a school bus line, grenades to scare off the mob, henchmen holding Gambol, Joker running through a parade dressed as a cop, Joker using a bomb inside a person as a distraction to escape the precinct, Joker tossing Rachel off the building to escape Batman, or those 2 times where is caught after trying to get Batman on the road or at the end.

You even have Joker tell you he's been ripping off mob bosses for years so he has experience in, ya know, not getting caught.

Like, Joker isn't breaking any internal logic the movie sets forth. Your point is ridiculous and meaningless.

Fury Road isn't great because of the logic. It's the story telling through action and camera work where each frame can give off visual information through quadrants.

You're saying, "just makes films better" but what suggestion do you have that would improve the film? Remember, these changes must fit within the established themes and moral of the story -- the reason why the movie exists in its current way.

Like, you're entire thing so far has been, "well, he just gets away, so they lack creativity, it could be better". I'm pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about at this point. You couldn't even recall Harvey's transformation scene and why its important.

FYI: The Joker worked for the mob at some point, and the mob had police working for them, it's not a stretch to assume the mob told them to stay away from the Joker as its clearly established throughout that the police are corrupt except for Gordan's unit -- SURPRISE THERE'S CORRUPT COPS THERE TOO who kidnap Dent and Rachel and take 'em to warehouses the Joker set up.

INTERESTING.
Alright so let's try this again starting off with two things:
I'm not here to argue with you to win internet points I'm fine with discussing the merits of the film with you and opinions on the character, but your hostility is pretty obnoxious. I never said I didn't like the film, I never even said it was a bad film, so come off it.
Next, this was supposed to be an argument about plot armor. I have no issue admitting that I don't remember each and every detail of a film that I haven't seen in years, because its not a big deal, so i have no issue being wrong about some things. It's not a contest of "Gotcha!'s" because really, at the end of the day this isn't an important discussion. What "Critics and Audiences" liked or didn't like is entirely irrelevant.

So with that being said, lets continue off of my point of Fury Road. In Fury Road, Max is the main character, the intention is that Max live to the end of the film, as a result, Max is never put into a situation that he or anyone else wouldn't be able to survive. When Max is chained to the front of Nux' vehicle traveling through the sandstorm, outside of one unlucky vehicle that gets caught in a sand tornado, everyone is able to make it out alive, this means that traveling through such a storm is generally non fatal, and thus Max survives along with the rest of the cast. This is the internal logic of the film. It's not necessarily realistic, but it works within the films universe.

To contrast that, Jon Snow is a character in Game of Thrones that needs to live to the end of the story. Knowing this, rather than the writters intentionally keeping him from engaging in what would be lethal threats to anyone else, Jon Snow continuously escapes each situation with his life. Ignoring his resurrection, two examples of this would be when he's battling Rasmey's army and time and time again he avoids harm while the bodies pile around him to the point of nearly suffocating him. This is not fitting within this show's internal logic, which consistently has characters, main or otherwise dying in battle or to other causes with less fantastical odds of survival. Later seasons of Game Of Thrones have many examples of this and is a large reason as to why many fans are at odds with the quality of writing of said seasons. Because it consistently breaks the show's internal logic in favor of large scale action, what feels like unearned resolutions to plot-lines that have spanned multiple years.

This is part of storytelling and why some storytelling is good and some storytelling is poor. Fury Road while exciting and fantastical and filled with action
This is what people mean when they talk about "Plot Armor", yes the intention is to have X character live to Y point to do Z thing. But there are ways to write around that to make Y situation for X character surviving to be more believable. This is what I mean when it can make a film "better" because it's less clunky and requires no suspension of disbelief. It's not about making everything "realistic" and you can absolutely have a movie that follows a certain degree of logic, it purely depends on your creativity and writing ability.

I think it's kind of silly that the Joker is able to pull off the massive crimes that he does without being apprehended when the film's plot allows for Batman to hack into every device and use its microphone* to create a sonar signal to find him and that's one of the last things he does. It's a bit goofy, and I feel that it could have been written in a way that would allow for the plot to advance towards a more natural conclusion without pulling out something so ridiculous. I feel that Batman Begins does it quite well. You're right, you don't need Joker to detail his escape, nor am I asking for exposition detailing that, I just feel like it could have been done better.

This has been my "whole thing" up until this point. You've established that the film does a better job with planting and payoff than I remember. I may have been wrong to call Joker's ability to get away plot armor, but that doesn't invalidate the existence of plot armor or relegate it to "meaningless" criticism.

You brought up some details that I haven't remembered, and that's fine, I don't have any issue with you being right, and again, I've already said I'm being nitpicky, so where you're getting the idea that I just hate this film and that's why I have a differing opinion I have no idea, but it's really the only thing that's ridiculous and meaningless here.

I suppose my issue is moreso that if your plot requires such a convoluted solution to be resolved maybe there's a better way to do it rather than with Joker particularly.

Last edited:

zoukka

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Thanos was but mostly worked because he has one face and tone in 9/10 scenes he's in.

Ledgers Joker is a legend.

Deleted member 3837

Not comparable imo.

I have to actually remind myself that Ledger Joker is a character and not just a person on set that is like that.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
In terms of marketability, Josh Brolin did more for Thanos than Heath Ledger did for Joker. People can look at Thanos and go "wow, I want more of that guy on screen" whereas The Joker was always marketable.

In terms of performance, Heath Ledger's Joker was better than Josh Brolin's Thanos.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Alright so let's try this again starting off with two things:
I'm not here to argue with you to win internet points I'm fine with discussing the merits of the film with you and opinions on the character, but your hostility is pretty obnoxious. I never said I didn't like the film, I never even said it was a bad film, so come off it.
Next, this was supposed to be an argument about plot armor. I have no issue admitting that I don't remember each and every detail of a film that I haven't seen in years, because its not a big deal, so i have no issue being wrong about some things. It's not a contest of "Gotcha!'s" because really, at the end of the day this isn't an important discussion. What "Critics and Audiences" liked or didn't like is entirely irrelevant.
"hostility", yeah, OK.

Your argument of plot armor being a problem is strikingly low because of my responses. You keep saying plot armor but then handwave any response I give to support the Joker's actions. When you say you don't remember details of a movie you haven't seen in years, it makes your argument weaker because you're admitting you don't remember much of the movie but still want to discuss the internal logic of the movie and the Joker's actions.

So with that being said, lets continue off of my point of Fury Road. In Fury Road, Max is the main character, the intention is that Max live to the end of the film, as a result, Max is never put into a situation that he or anyone else wouldn't be able to survive. When Max is chained to the front of Nux' vehicle traveling through the sandstorm, outside of one unlucky vehicle that gets caught in a sand tornado, everyone is able to make it out alive, this means that traveling through such a storm is generally non fatal, and thus Max survives along with the rest of the cast. This is the internal logic of the film. It's not necessarily realistic, but it works within the films universe.
That doesn't make any sense. Re-read what you wrote and about "intention". Like, this doesn't describe internal logic, this just describes a scene supporting that Max survives because he's the main character? HUH?!

To contrast that, Jon Snow is a character in Game of Thrones that needs to live to the end of the story. Knowing this, rather than the writters intentionally keeping him from engaging in what would be lethal threats to anyone else, Jon Snow continuously escapes each situation with his life. Ignoring his resurrection, two examples of this would be when he's battling Rasmey's army and time and time again he avoids harm while the bodies pile around him to the point of nearly suffocating him. This is not fitting within this show's internal logic, which consistently has characters, main or otherwise dying in battle or to other causes with less fantastical odds of survival. Later seasons of Game Of Thrones have many examples of this and is a large reason as to why many fans are at odds with the quality of writing of said seasons. Because it consistently breaks the show's internal logic in favor of large scale action, what feels like unearned resolutions to plot-lines that have spanned multiple years.
Jon surviving doesn't mean he has plot armor. You don't even know how the story ends, so your point is actually really off.

This is part of storytelling and why some storytelling is good and some storytelling is poor. Fury Road while exciting and fantastical and filled with action
This is what people mean when they talk about "Plot Armor", yes the intention is to have X character live to Y point to do Z thing. But there are ways to write around that to make Y situation for X character surviving to be more believable. This is what I mean when it can make a film "better" because it's less clunky and requires no suspension of disbelief. It's not about making everything "realistic" and you can absolutely have a movie that follows a certain degree of logic, it purely depends on your creativity and writing ability.
Believable in The Dark Knight. You just didn't notice it. You said the Joker guessing Harvey becoming Two-Face is lucky (BUT IT IS SUPPORTED BY THE JOKER CONVINCING HARVEY TO BECOME TWO-FACE IN THE HOSPITAL SCENE). The logic is there you just never noticed or remember it because as you said you haven't seen the movie in a while.

I think it's kind of silly that the Joker is able to pull off the massive crimes that he does without being apprehended when the film's plot allows for Batman to hack into every device and use its microphone* to create a sonar signal to find him and that's one of the last things he does. It's a bit goofy, and I feel that it could have been written in a way that would allow for the plot to advance towards a more natural conclusion without pulling out something so ridiculous. I feel that Batman Begins does it quite well. You're right, you don't need Joker to detail his escape, nor am I asking for exposition detailing that, I just feel like it could have been done better.
Batman uses sonar to catch the Joker. That's literally how he finds and captures him in the building. The tech wasn't up-and-running from the beginning, the software was beta tested in China to capture Lau.

Joker had his outs. Corrupt police, mob, killing, running through crowds, bombs, etc. It's there, you just don't think it's good enough but then the question must be asked, "what is good enough for you?" You clearly cannot articulate that point so your criticism is not worth engaging. It's like asking why a pasta dish at a restaurant is bad and you just keep saying, "cause it's bad and can be done better" but you never articulate what could be done better but just, "it can be done better". It's not worth discussing.

This has been my "whole thing" up until this point. You've established that the film does a better job with planting and payoff than I remember. I may have been wrong to call Joker's ability to get away plot armor, but that doesn't invalidate the existence of plot armor or relegate it to "meaningless" criticism.
Plot armor is ridiculous. You have a main character who will survive until X point through plot reasons. Max could have died early on in Fury Road in many conditions but he doesn't. Jon Snow could die in any condition but he doesn't. Joffrey could have died in any condition before his poisoning. Robb could have died in war. Arya could have died many times. Just because a character dies, is caught, or stopped doesn't mean they didn't survive til that part based on pure logic and ability, they survived because the plot required them to. Plot armor isn't a criticism, it's just a way to "criticize" a work without actually understanding why they were around until they weren't.

You brought up some details that I haven't remembered, and that's fine, I don't have any issue with you being right, and again, I've already said I'm being nitpicky, so where you're getting the idea that I just hate this film and that's why I have a differing opinion I have no idea, but it's really the only thing that's ridiculous and meaningless here.

I suppose my issue is moreso that if your plot requires such a convoluted solution to be resolved maybe there's a better way to do it rather than with Joker particularly.

Who cares if a plot is convoluted? As long as it works well in service of what the movie is trying to say then it's all gucci.

Most people see the Joker get away and go, "how incompetent and lucky of him", sure, he has luck but that's not the point. It never was the point. It's not about the Joker's logistics. Like, where does he even get all that gas? Or where does he sleep? What does he eat? Does he poop? That's not the point. The point is Joker revealing Gotham's true colors and Batman showing the capacity for good which is done marvelously.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have the interest in continuing to argue with you, especially if me agreeing that I made a mistake is "handwaving" and you're going to be intentionally obtuse. Alright Spatula.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont get why everyone says thanos has a poor motivation. If he doubled all the resources in the universe to save life, he would eventualy have to quadruple it, then 16×, 256x, etc. The infinity gauntlet looked pretty shaken up after the snap so who knows if it could even do that. Halving the universe occasionally is a lot easier and fits thematically with his talks about balance more.

Mama Robotnik

Gaming Scholar
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks was great, characterised and portrayed really well. A great effort.

The Joker was a force of temptation, chaos and turmoil made flesh. He was haunting, and absolutely electric to watch. He felt as if he was a once-in-a-lifetime portrayal. There is nothing else that remotely compares.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
I dont get why everyone says thanos has a poor motivation. If he doubled all the resources in the universe to save life, he would eventualy have to quadruple it, then 16×, 256x, etc. The infinity gauntlet looked pretty shaken up after the snap so who knows if it could even do that. Halving the universe occasionally is a lot easier and fits thematically with his talks about balance more.
As portrayed in the movie Thanos is an abusive father figure who is throwing a tantrum because he was right dammit. He won't stop until people show him damn respect and acknowledge the fact that he was right all along. The only real point he wants to prove is that he was the most smartest, most bravest person on Titan and the rest just didn't comprehend his genius.

If intentional it's really good, if not I still get a kick out of it.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Heath Ledger joker without a second of hesitation

The scenes centered around him, and the movie itself, is just so much more suspenseful and exciting tbh. Stronger performance too (to be fair to Brolin though, joker is about as showy a role as you can get)

Brolin did good as Thanos though, so glad Whedon wasnt brought on board for this flick. Would have sucked to have had him brought down a peg by exchanging witty banter with his enemies

Shout out to the effects studios too. Marvel (actually all superhero movies) cgi has been pretty bad in the last few years but they did fantastic work on Thanos mocap

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Heath Ledger joker without a second of hesitation

The scenes centered around him, and the movie itself, is just so much more suspenseful and exciting tbh. Stronger performance too (to be fair to Brolin though, joker is about as showy a role as you can get)

Brolin did good as Thanos though, so glad Whedon wasnt brought on board for this flick. Would have sucked to have had him brought down a peg by exchanging witty banter with his enemies

Shout out to the effects studios too. Marvel (actually all superhero movies) cgi has been pretty bad in the last few years but they did fantastic work on Thanos mocap
Reading this sentence just made me realise that Thanos' design kinda resembles Whedon...

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
I still give it to the Joker. Ledger's acting elevates it and it's too hard to separate it from the character.

I can see the argument though that if it wasn't for Ledger's acting, then Thanos is actually the better villian.

MCU have already stepped up their villian game with Loki, Zemo, Vulture, Killmonger, and now Thanos and I don't even think most of the other villains were that bad tbh.

Oct 27, 2017
I think Ledger's Joker has the one up if only because he COMPLETELY immersed himself in the role. That was some Daniel Day Lewis, Gangs of NY type shit. You weren't seeing Ledger, you were seeing Joker. Thanos still was very much Josh Brolin (unless you had no idea who he was), even though he executed him really well. He had a Shakespearian quality to him

Lappe

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah no, Thanos was nothing special and I won't probably even remember the character after a couple of weeks.

Paradox House

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lets let the film stew for a while but the idea of this thread seems crazy to me. Folk need to rewatch TDK I think. Its a mesmerising performance.

Thanos? I mean hes a good MCU villain but mostly he just pulls the same three faces:
- Thanos 99% of the time
- Sad Thanos one time
- Injured Thanos three times

You just cant even begin to compare the two.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
It's Heath Ledger, and not even close.

Anyway, Thanos is for me in the top 3 of Marvel Villains right now, along with Zemo and Vulture. Killmonger had potential, but was just an one dimensional angry psycho using black cause as an excuse to massacre people. He ends up very low in the list.

waffleboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Killmonger is better than Thanos.
Thanos is good because Brolin performance is good and they did a good job st making him seem like a threat.

But he's bad because his backstory and reason for wanting to kill half the universe is flimsy and makes no sense if you think about it for a second, and his love for Gamora wasn't believable at all. Just because he cries and tells her that he loves her we're supposed to believe it? Whatever man. Killmonger actually seems like a real human