• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yes they have, lol

Any big matches they've done here are rematches.

When WALTER/ZSJ tours the world and happens like 5 times over the course of a couple of years it's not exactly a protected "first time matchup" for your company lol. It's a guaranteed lock of an exhibition match, especially with ZSJ who hasn't been a regular in a long time

I just don't see a scenario where it was obvious that they had some big match to run and didn't do it because they didn't want to do it in the US.

Whatever, if they run it they do, if not I'm sure it'll be alright regardless.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't see a scenario where it was obvious that they had some big match to run and didn't do it because they didn't want to do it in the US.

Whatever, if they run it they do, if not I'm sure it'll be alright regardless.
The NOLA shows were their "First Ever Chapters In The US" and it was the same thing. These aren't even chapters, it's a touring lineup where the most consequential thing will be the Tag Tournament

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The NOLA shows were their "First Ever Chapters In The US" and it was the same thing. These aren't even chapters, it's a touring lineup where the most consequential thing will be the Tag Tournament

I mean okay?

I'm not sure what you are saying.

They've booked their US shows well so far for the most part. They've all been pretty good.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
1BChR2O.jpg

RAINMAIKAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Why is he kicking a giant baby in a diaper?

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I mean okay?

I'm not sure what you are saying.

They've booked their US shows well so far for the most part. They've all been pretty good.
I'm not saying it's gonna be bad? I'm incredibly excited for it

I'm saying they aren't running important matchups here. Same reason they didn't run WALTER vs. Banks in NOLA. Major storyline beats reserved for big shows on home turf

SPPT isn't in the tag tournament (unless they've done some weird shit to get them in? I need to resub when the next show is up). SPPT vs. CCK would've been the easy matchup for Wembley but they'll probably wait until the belt is off Travis and CCK has the tag belts

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Dave has noted that Nia Jax has real life HEAT in wwe. Came from a thread about Nia unfollowing Alexa on twitter and bizarrely liking some randoms tweet accusing Alexa of sleeping with WWE officials

sounds like that friendship's over.

I hear Okada's entrance was amazing with the rain. I know Asahi filmed this, so really hoping it ends up on NJPW World.
Dave dealing in slut shaming random rumours again? SHOCKED

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
DDT's Korakuen Hall show, What are you doing 2018, is at 11:30am JST tomorrow, so 4:30am CET / 10:30pm EDT (Saturday)/ 7:30pm PDT (Saturday).
It's also airing for free for anyone watching live.

The card looks really good and there might be shenanigans with the Anytime/Anywhere gauntlets.

Hot damn that's a good card

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
The full roster isn't even on the whole tour?? Why announce it like they are?

No Trav in Chicago, pshh

Touring roster for the upcoming USA #CoastToCoast tour:
PROGRESS World Champion
Travis Banks (4th, 5th, 7th August only)
PROGRESS Tag Team Champions
Grizzled Young Veterans
PROGRESS Women's Champion
Jinny (4th, 11th, 12th August only)
WWE UK Champion
Pete Dunne
NXT Tag Team Champions
Moustache Mountain
TK Cooper
WALTER (9th, 11th, 12th August only)
Flash Morgan Webster
Mark Haskins
Jimmy Havoc
Mark Andrews
Eddie Dennis
Jack Sexsmith (7th, 9th, 11th, 12th August only)
CCK
Toni Storm (4th, 11th, 12th August only)
4th August - PHILADELPHIA - 2300 Arena - TICKETS
5th August - BOSTON - Melrose Theatre - TICKETS
7th August - NEW YORK CITY - La Boom - TICKETS
9th August - SEATTLE - Washington Hall - TICKETS
11th August - CHICAGO - Cicero Stadium - TICKETS
12th August - DETROIT - Knights Of Columbus Memorial Hall - TICKETS
USA tour info and FAQ
not all wrestlers will appear on all shows

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense, Toni and Jinny have to work the MYC and that's happening at the same time.

All the MYC talent has to be in Orlando from the 7th-10th of August

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense, Toni and Jinny have to work the MYC and that's happening at the same time.

All the MYC talent has to be in Orlando from the 7th-10th of August
Curious what women's matches they'll even run. Wouldn't be surprised if WWE sent them some MYC/PC talent. Nixon, Dakota(again), KLR, etc

If Travis isn't on the second half of the tour I wouldn't be surprised if they ran WWE UK matches

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Dave dealing in slut shaming random rumours again? SHOCKED

No.

All he said is that from his sources Nia's twitter antics are not a work, which is a separate issue from the screenshot of Nia's IG likes which no one has confirmed is real.

The extent of Dave;s contribution to this stroy was to stay Nia has real heat and it's not a work.

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I was gonna pick the book up once it's released, but Chris's last book was a good read and had a bunch of info that hadn't been printed in English before, so I'm expecting Eggshells to be the same.

Yeah was planning to buy the book. Could see it as a good read for me since my history there is pretty small

I'm a backer but haven't been one of the lucky ones to get their book already. The podcasts that have been made available to us are good and I recommend listening to them once they show up on the POST Wrestling site.

First one went up on Post so that's why I asked. I'll definitely check it out

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
So about Ember's gimmick. Could you explain it for us excel?
She's loyal like a dog but fierce so she's a wolf but she's clearly not quadrupedal so she's a werewolf, hence Moon and the eyes. She's a warrior who also embraces the cartoon nature of wrestling hence the anime pose and she's also a damn good person so that's why she smiles and fan interacts, because she's a good person who knows that when the bell rings and the fight is on she's still a good person just not a nice person, but before the fight begins she's got time to be nice. Modern day Haku.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder if Ember would have been better off keeping the MK gimmick without talking (or posing). But I guess that never would have worked for the main roster because vince wants everyone to cut promos

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
She's loyal like a dog but fierce so she's a wolf but she's clearly not quadrupedal so she's a werewolf, hence Moon and the eyes. She's a warrior who also embraces the cartoon nature of wrestling hence the anime pose and she's also a damn good person so that's why she smiles and fan interacts, because she's a good person who knows that when the bell rings and the fight is on she's still a good person just not a nice person, but before the fight begins she's got time to be nice. Modern day Haku.

this is art

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder if Ember would have been better off keeping the MK gimmick without talking (or posing). But I guess that never would have worked for the main roster because vince wants everyone to cut promos

Why would you want the best promo in the women's division to stay silent.

Ember's mic skills are down to earth and personal, you could almost imagine it coming from your next door neighbour, she's that relateable.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

Bravo.

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Male WWE Superstar of the Year: Tommaso Ciampa

Female WWE Superstar of the Year: *sigh* Ronda Rousey

Best Male Non-WWE Wrestler of the Year: Kazuchika Okada

Best Female Non-WWE Wrestler of the Year: I am sadly still not too well versed in this area, but Mayu always turns my head when I see gifs or matches.

Best Tag Team of the Year: The Young Bucks, which I'd never thought I'd say.

"The Drizzling Shits" Award for Worst On-Screen Performer: Brock Lesnar

WWE Match of the Year: Gargano vs Almas

Non-WWE Match of the Year: Omega vs Okada is the obvious number one, but Okada vs Tanahashi and Takahashi vs Ishimori are real close.

"The Jenna Morasco vs. Sharmell" Award for Worst Fucking Match: Roman vs Lesnar

Best Angle: Golden Lovers reunion/Kenny finally winning the strap

"The Claire Lynch" Award for Angle That Made You Ashamed To Be A Wrestling Fan: We're proud to be here, in the beautiful liberal resort city of Jeddah!

Gif of the Year: I can't find a single gif with the confetti, but this.
tumblr_p39ebgaCoS1t7qx6eo1_1280.gif

The "I'm Marking Out, Bro" Legit Shook Moment of the Year: See gif of the year

"Carny Motherfucker" of the Year: Vince for the GRR.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Edge speaking some truths about Becky Lynch:

Deleted member 13037

First off, Nia should be fired immediately.

Second, I caught Rush vs La Park and god damn September is too far away.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gentleman Jervis has a great one as well (same vid, two different time stamps)

Status
Not open for further replies.