Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Things are going to get worse for the good guys before they get better.

It's going to be interesting to see how long this lasts. You can't go from what happened to Gojo to a momentum shift for the heroes in a handful of chapters. But a situation where Sukuna slaps them around for a dozen chapters, even if that's interspersed with hope spots, would be too far in the opposite direction.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
I'd be fine with the 'focus on the now' if I thought we'd ever get any introspection on it but I don't think we ever will just like Nobara's death. That's why it's really a bummer.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be fine with the 'focus on the now' if I thought we'd ever get any introspection on it but I don't think we ever will just like Nobara's death. That's why it's really a bummer.
Honestly reminds me of when we skipped the month after Gojo got unsealed and people were like "don't worry we'll have flashbacks later!" Still waiting tbh

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
My anime-only friend: "Holy shit, the new season is awesome! What an improvement over the first one!"

Me:
iadrzwokvtm51.jpg

"Uh, yeah... Shibuya's great"

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
they saying sukunas weapon looks like a baby rattle and he deserves to be an unwanted child

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man I hyped up this season to all my anime-only friends and now I don't even feel like talking about the series with them

I swear if JJK becomes the new Promised Neverland for me, where I really love the fuck out of one arc but the rest is overall a disappointment 😅

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Man I hyped up this season to all my anime-only friends and now I don't even feel like talking about the series with them
Same

It especially sucks that I'm at the point where I'm not sure if anything short of Gojo coming back or somehow post-humorously pulling one over on Sukuna is gonna salvage it for me, and it's not looking good on that front

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny. I read the manga in the span of a month and afterwards, my longtime-reader friends admitted that the reason they didn't hype up Shibuya Incident to me and others wasn't because they were afraid of inflating our expectations, but because they were afraid that they might slip up about the post-SI decline.

Now that I'm up to speed, I am curious to read anime-only fans' speculation about where the story goes from Shibuya Incident.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Why people gotta bring up Promised Neverland, I stopped grieving ages ago, and now the trauma has been brought back.

GG-Duo

Oct 27, 2017
Gege is such a hack and why are we reading this again? There's no master plan and just a lot of mystery boxes.

Really not a fan of what's been happening to the story since the Shibuya arc.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
I feel like some of you just didn't get that this is a battle manga essentially. I thought that was obvious since Shibuya arc. It is what it is. I'm not expecting Oda level story telling, just like I'm not expecting JJK level fights in One Piece. Obviously, the former is more important, hence why I enjoy One Piece more.

Gege is just giving everyone what he was originally giving people.

Enjoy the fights and the pain. That's what we're getting.

fzburner

Jul 3, 2023
I feel like some of you just didn't get that this is a battle manga essentially. I thought that was obvious since Shibuya arc. It is what it is. I'm not expecting Oda level story telling, just like I'm not expecting JJK level fights in One Piece. Obviously, the former is more important, hence why I enjoy One Piece more.

Gege is just giving everyone what he was originally giving people.

Enjoy the fights and the pain. That's what we're getting.
that's still not an excuse for poor writing

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
I'm honestly confused about the complaint. Like the people in the chapter are the people with the least history with Gojo from a reader standpoint (one with literally none). And we all know Kashimo wants nothing to do but fight Sukuna. Now if in the next chapter or two we don't hear anything from Yuta/Yuji or even Shoko then sure the complaint is valid. But I wasn't expecting much from them this chapter since Kashimo was already on the field last chapter.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
I mean there's a difference between "Oda level writing' and barely any writing at all to connect any of the fights. Just a poor defense in my opinion

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly confused about the complaint. Like the people in the chapter are the people with the least history with Gojo from a reader standpoint (one with literally none). And we all know Kashimo wants nothing to do but fight Sukuna. Now if in the next chapter or two we don't hear anything from Yuta/Yuji or even Shoko then sure the complaint is valid. But I wasn't expecting much from them this chapter since Kashimo was already on the field last chapter.
What you you say is valid, but lbr 90% chance it'll just be more Kashimo/Sukuna/Uruame/Hakari lol

View: https://twitter.com/JJK_Mya/status/1707224906738331826

View: https://twitter.com/JJK_Mya/status/1707226011677475312

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
I mean there's a difference between "Oda level writing' and barely any writing at all to connect any of the fights. Just a poor defense in my opinion
It might have sounded like that, but the main point is that JJK is what it is and hasn't changed in 200+ chapters. So why would I expect something different now? Someone thought it did change after Shibuya, but I don't think it did.

And that's not an excusal. It's simply understanding what it is, and finding enjoyment in what it is. People should continue to find faults in the writing, but calling it trash now is just weird when you could have called it that 100 chapters ago.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
It might have sounded like that, but the main point is that JJK is what it is and hasn't changed in 200+ chapters. So why would I expect something different now? Someone thought it did change after Shibuya, but I don't think it did.

And that's not an excusal. It's simply understanding what it is, and finding enjoyment in what it is. People should continue to find faults in the writing, but calling it trash now is just weird when you could have called it that 100 chapters ago.
Forgive people for holding out hope for the biggest plot event after Gojo's sealing (Gojo's return) and how it would affect the plot? I think it's pretty reductive to just handwave reasonable criticism with "it's a battle manga, what do you expect" as if this series was always just endless pages of fighting with no depth of any kind to the writing. Even post-Shibuya, it wasn't. See all the dumb ass culling games rules.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, at least we are not at My Hero Academia levels of ruined series. Once people talk about series that botched the final stretch there are quite a few ahead still. Promised Never land, Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia, Naruto, Bleach and so on.

Hell, Dragon Ball Z with the Buu saga was a travesty too. People talk about Demon Slayer but I would consider that one very tame compared to most, it was medíocre at worst. That said, Gege has a fair margin to put Jujutsu on that list but so far we are still far from it.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Forgive people for holding out hope for the biggest plot event after Gojo's sealing (Gojo's return) and how it would affect the plot? I think it's pretty reductive to just handwave reasonable criticism with "it's a battle manga, what do you expect" as if this series was always just endless pages of fighting with no depth of any kind to the writing. Even post-Shibuya, it wasn't. See all the dumb ass culling games rules.

The hang up on the CG rules by people is always a bit confusing to me when the actual series wasn't all that concerned about them. They were like the rules and cards from the Greed Island arc of HxH. They're not the focus, let alone the minutia. They're their to set up the action and you only have to be aware of the most basic parts like you get points for killing people.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Hey, at least we are not at My Hero Academia levels of ruined series. Once people talk about series that botched the final stretch there are quite a few ahead still. Promised Never land, Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia, Naruto, Bleach and so on.

Hell, Dragon Ball Z with the Buu saga was a travesty too. People talk about Demon Slayer but I would consider that one very tame compared to most, it was medíocre at worst. That said, Gege has a fair margin to put Jujutsu on that list but so far we are still far from it.
That's Debatable

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this and the Maki stuff was the only thing that got me through the culling games honestly, even Hakari vs Kashimo, as great as it is kinda overstayed its welcome a bit with the constant fake outs.

I think stuff like Yuji vs Higurama was great and one of the best parts. I also liked Megumi's fight with receipt dress guy. Honestly I think people in general will end up likely the anime adaptation of the CG arc with the sakuga going crazy, music amping things up and the little anime additions.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I think stuff like Yuji vs Higurama was great and one of the best parts. I also liked Megumi's fight with receipt dress guy. Honestly I think people in general will end up likely the anime adaptation of the CG arc with the sakuga going crazy, music amping things up and the little anime additions.
Oh yeah completely forgot the Higuruma stuff, yeah it was nice.
But agree, I think the anime will elevate CG even if it's just with the animation and fight extensions

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Like abrupt as it is I think a 2 episode Zenin massacre will have people going nuts, especially as I can see the animators doing some really cool stuff for the brawl with all the lesser zenin fighters. That and destroying Naoya should get a reaction, especially if they keep the "come get fucked" line.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
I'm not sure if I should put it under spoiler but it's in the past and regards one of Sukuna's abilities
It's about the fire arrow he uses against Jogo. I'm seeing online that people think that's one of his most powerful/hidden techniques but at the time I didn't think much of it, I just thought he copied one of Jogo's attacks to show him why he is the king of curses and that he can manipulate the fire curse better than Joho himself. But apparently there's something that I'm missing and people are convinced that that's a totally new technique that he has yet to show off in the current saga?