• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Yall don't consider this an asspull for Yuji?
No. The theory that Sukuna had a twin was always there. Not to mention people noticed Yuji (or at least his grandfather) and Sukuna look identical. This always checked out. It was just a matter of finding out how to put 2 and 2 together. Turns out the answer was Buddahism.

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
the part that feels like an ass pull to me is why is Yuji now so strong? What exactly caused his awakening? I'm not sure I really care but there didn't seem to be a story justification for it happening now (unless I missed it).

Aly

Oct 27, 2017

No. Original theories was Yuji was his son until Gege put that down. I think most people always thought they were related in some way.

the part that feels like an ass pull to me is why is Yuji now so strong? What exactly caused his awakening? I'm not sure I really care but there didn't seem to be a story justification for it happening now (unless I missed it).

Its just the fight pushing him isn't it? The way JJk power system works means that growth is like that. The same happened for Gojo and Megumi too.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Sorcerers can grow explosively under the right circumstances. And Yuji's is apparently giving Sukuna the ass beating he deserves.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
It could just be a mental state thing with Yuji. This first happened right when Sukuna took over Megumi's body and for just a brief moment he was overpowering Sukuna, but now the narrator pointed it out here.

It could just be the black flash put him back in it.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Gojo got an awakening by getting stabbed in the head. I'll let Yuji have this one lol.

Plus Mahito already explained how black flashes and soul bullshit can lead to both awakenings and a deeper understanding of your abilities.

Also, while Yuji def got a power boost, a lot of it seems to be Yuji dragging Sukuna down to his level than Yuji suddenly rocketing to his.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Gojo got an awakening by getting stabbed in the head. I'll let Yuji have this one lol.

Plus Mahito already explained how black flashes and soul bullshit can lead to both awakenings and a deeper understanding of your abilities.

Also, while Yuji def got a power boost, a lot of it seems to be Yuji dragging Sukuna down to his level than Yuji suddenly rocketing to his.

That and tbf this is a weakened Sukuna. Let's not forget him getting dragged by Gojo. And jumped last chapter.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
I don't actually read the spoilers but I do like scrolling through and seeing a sea of spoiler tags and trying to form opinions by volume.

Excited for Sunday!

(edit: Monday, oof)

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
My new theory now is that Sukuna will actually lose this fight but as a parting shot will force Yuji to be the one to start the merger.
Bleach bad ending.
Sukuna dying leads to the merger starting.....Yuji will have to eat Sukuna in order to contain Tengen and will inherit the role of being the source of barriers or whatever it that Tengen did/does.

Demon Slayer good ending:
Yuji uses the merger to basically rid the world of cursed energy so Curses and Sorcerers no longer need to exist and we see a future of the protags reincarnated in a normal society without curses.
Including Sukuna

Justice for Nobara!!!!!!!
I like that Yuji's slash causes little scissors to appear on his target. lol

We also get to find out what the name of Sukunas technique is, though i think it was already mentioned as being Shrine.

Mate have you not been reading the same Manga as the rest of us?

Yuji was super human from the start.
Once he had an ounce of cursed energy he skipped so many levels to managing Grade 2 Grade 1 curses.
He fucked up Mahito who was a Special Grade.

He was pulling off Black Flashes like it was nothing, to the point I actually forgot that Black Flash is a special technique and no easy to pull off.
Black Flash has already been mentioned as awakening shit in people, and weve seen so many characters get powerups from much less shit that Yuji has actually gone through.

If anything for a protag Yuji has taken his sweet time to actually be someone worth rooting for to win.

Ferret

Oct 25, 2017

Mate have you not been reading the same Manga as the rest of us?

Yuji was super human from the start.
Once he had an ounce of cursed energy he skipped so many levels to managing Grade 2 Grade 1 curses.
He fucked up Mahito who was a Special Grade.

He was pulling off Black Flashes like it was nothing, to the point I actually forgot that Black Flash is a special technique and no easy to pull off.
Black Flash has already been mentioned as awakening shit in people, and weve seen so many characters get powerups from much less shit that Yuji has actually gone through.

If anything for a protag Yuji has taken his sweet time to actually be someone worth rooting for to win.

Yuji also was almost there when Sukuna first took over Megumi (even might have used cleave to inflict that tiny cut on Sukuna). So it kinda just seems like with everything going on he's finally over everything and having hit multiple black flashes he's in peak get shit done mode which is what he really needed.

It's really funny that twice now someone has come in with a clutch distraction so Yuji could hit Sukuna with another Black Flash. Good job Ino. I'm going to laugh if Miguel and Larue just GTFO after helping that one little bit.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
He "cheated" before the big battle to get stronger (likely training in the Sumo Time Chamber) and now the Black Flash has him firing on all cylinders

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yuji also was almost there when Sukuna first took over Megumi (even might have used cleave to inflict that tiny cut on Sukuna). So it kinda just seems like with everything going on he's finally over everything and having hit multiple black flashes he's in peak get shit done mode which is what he really needed.

It's really funny that twice now someone has come in with a clutch distraction so Yuji could hit Sukuna with another Black Flash. Good job Ino. I'm going to laugh if Miguel and Larue just GTFO after helping that one little bit.
Miguel really came in
Talk shit
did nothing
left

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ino being smart enough to jump in for a quick attack when someone makes an opening and then hauling ass out of there before he can retaliate is why he's still going.

Lordfifth

Jul 31, 2022
depending on what you are exatly referring to?

the cursed technique we knew since gojo told us that yuji will get it.

the thousand black flashes are only fair considerinf sukuna hit 2 just to not die a chapter ago.

the connection to yuji's father is kind of meh, yiji looks remarkable like sukuna's real form and kenjaku made yuji specifically so its kind of hinted at, but it honestly depends on what happens next
gojo jumped 15 tiers by getting stabbed in the head, as long as it consistent with the series itself it isnt an ass pull

Karsha

May 1, 2020
Am I the only one pissed that Ino's super hidden technique was just a useless dragon that gets 1 shotted by Sukuna in 1 panel and his dull blade has had more uses even though the technique that the blade possesses is pretty useless against strong curses? (no disrespect to Nanami, I love him)

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one pissed that Ino's super hidden technique was just a useless dragon that gets 1 shotted by Sukuna in 1 panel and his dull blade has had more uses even though the technique that the blade possesses is pretty useless against strong curses? (no disrespect to Nanami, I love him)
you expected too much

Aly

Oct 27, 2017

You don't understand. Just like Reggie cursed Megumi, Ino has cursed Sukuna. Remember no one who's seen the dragon has lived. Sukuna gonna die. It was an 1000 IQ move.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I actually kind of like when complex shit fails, but simple stuff works.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know why you think Ino of all people would have gotten the win with the dragon. The fact that he's helping as much as he did is already a miracle in itself.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

My guy Ino is a grade 2.
Kusakabe is the highest Grade 1 and he did nothing.
What chance did a grade 2 not even semi grade 1 but straight grade 2 have.

so next week Sukuna better says "Fuuga"

I just hope Sukuna finally tells us what his technique actually is......so that we know its the end.
Cuz until he has revealed his technique he still has that ace up his sleeve.
A sorcerer revealing their technique amps it up....or has that rule been forgotten?

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Next week Yuji says "Fuuga"
I would love that
I just hope Sukuna finally tells us what his technique actually is......so that we know its the end.
Cuz until he has revealed his technique he still has that ace up his sleeve.
A sorcerer revealing their technique amps it up....or has that rule been forgotten?
yeah should still be true.

Wanna know aswell how it works, but wasn't also kinda said with CTs being engraved in the brain you could only have one? And now Yuji has two?

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

Wanna know aswell how it works, but wasn't also kinda said with CTs being engraved in the brain you could only have one? And now Yuji has two?

Yuji being the final product of Kenjakus insane millennial experimentation means he is a special case.
Kenny had Anti Gravity, Curse Manip and His Innate. (Probably more).

Ferret

Oct 25, 2017
I would love that

Yuji has blood manipulation from eating the other cursed wombs. Techniques get carved into the body overtime so assuming it's at least partially related to him now being a vessel for them as well. His powers from Sukuna may be inherited or related to the time he was Sukuna's vessel I don't know if either has been completely confirmed yet. And remember Kenjaku could use the powers from the bodies he hopped into.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Admittedly it says a lot that Yuji's Black Flashes don't seem to be doing that much damage while one Black Flash from Gojo knocked Sukuna out for at least a few seconds.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
No wonder Sukuna is so shook, he thought we were cutting away after last chapter.

Must not be able to beat his nephew without the Offscreen technique

Cyborg009

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if Yuji can only use his Shrine after hitting a black flash

Admittedly it says a lot that Yuji's Black Flashes don't seem to be doing that much damage while one Black Flash from Gojo knocked Sukuna out for at least a few seconds.
Remember when kusakabe said about getting hit by a regular Gojo punch doesn't feel normal. Like getting hit by a counter attack that Made Hakrai and Yuta throw up when he did it seriously.