• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
So who's protecting Maki? Why is someone protecting Maki? She's supposed to not be affected.

Yuji's second body swap will likely be the answer to how he will deal with Fuga.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind sukuna glaze for once since at least the stakes feel higher with Itadori himself fighting him and now that we can finally see his other abilities. One of the things pissing me off most about the stretch of chapters we had earlier in the arc was not just that it was chapters of Sukuna glaze against fodder but that he was still using the same old slashing techniques and punches. At least now we're seeing more from him
Yeah for once we've seeing him try different stuff
The problem with previous chapters is that is was basically that it
*fight*
*sukuna: im done strong cleave*
next opponent

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
"Narrator reveals that Sukuna can't maintain this high level domain for a long time & also cannot capture Maki, who has no CE, within his domain"

This is looking more like Sukuna got spooked by Yuji and pushed the panic button with a desperation attack rather than it being some super secret technique he was saving
Love seeing desperate Sukuna
He's been in mode for too long

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
So who's protecting Maki? Why is someone protecting Maki? She's supposed to not be affected.

Yuji's second body swap will likely be the answer to how he will deal with Fuga.
Sukuna can still target inanimate objects because like he did in shibuya
He probably can't target her specifically but he can still send slashes to fucking everywhere and she will get hit just being in the way
just means she can probably get a sneak attack in

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Yuji just gave you a pat on the back, no need to get that angry!

Took way too long for fully reincarneted Sukuna to be an actually menace to the Tokyo Skyline again. That's what we want to see.

I also like all the little things Yuji can do now. He put in the work, but not nearly enough for it ot have a real impact.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I think the other person Yuji body swapped with was Yuta. Yuta did specify "we cheated."

It would've given Yuji the opportunity to train with shrine beforehand and practice DE.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be Hakari and Sukuna will be killed by a combo of potty emergency and last train events.

NGL, I want them to save that for Uraume though

thermopyle

Nov 8, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
people thought this was gonna prove Gojo's glazing of Sukuna was justified. nah, still complete BS lol still can only form an incomplete DE after multiple black flashes

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
There's a chance Yuji didn't swap souls a second time yet and is saving it for now.

Ui Ui was spared and retrieved all the defeated sorcerers. He might do some shenanigans with either Gojo / Yuta / Higuruma souls.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Really makes you wonder why more people in the JJKverse aren't Binding Vow merchants. Especially when you are on the cusp of death.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Really makes you wonder why more people in the JJKverse aren't Binding Vow merchants. Especially when you are on the cusp of death.
its really disappointing its use here compared to its inspiration in hxh
Where everyone uses it
it's really in jjk for gege to handwave stuff or Sukuna to win

harleyvwarren

Oct 31, 2022
Illinois
Place your bets now, will Gege beat the allegations and make it Choso or Ino or will Gege prove just how much they hate women when Maki takes another fire attack to the face?

Choso would sacrifice himself for Yuji, so he's a huge possibility. I am rooting for the attack to fail spectacularly, in an HxH homage to Pokkle, an archer that becomes a hunter, who I'm always reminded of when I see this Sukuna attack.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Translations are out

- Gege just casually throwing out explanations as to why New Shadow anti-domain techniques aren't widely taught and why RCT healing someone else is so inconsistent this late into the game. (Although the new shadow stuff was hinted at).

- Yuji using blood manipulation to reattach his foot was dope. My boy has come so far.

- No "now I'm actually trying" or "This isn't my final form" from Sukuna. Dude was unambiguously about to lose to Yuji and this is him throwing everything he has in one last desperate gasp.

- I have a lot of issues with this fight since Gojo died, but I actually really like the concept of the 99 second timer for the final phase. It also helps the end of the fight is (seemingly) now in sight.

- Fuga is straight up Sukuna opening the stove. Malevolent Kitchen lives.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I've just binged watched season 1, JJK0, season 2 and have just read up to the current chapter over the last week. I think my brain needs a break

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed with the TCB release that Sukuna is using the Infinite Void hand sign to use his domain? Seems like a weird thing for him to be able to switch around but at least the 99 second time limit is a consequence for some of his bullshit.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god this is actually Sukuna feeling the pressure

i retract my statement of seeing how Gojo could lose to him without Mahoraga

Asterikolt

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like him using Gojo's hand sign and (unknown vows) to reactivate his DE is definitely going to have consequences in the next few chapters

The weird appearance and the closed barrier were already signs - I suspect that he went for the "furnace open" because he was aware that he wouldn't be able to kill everyone with just his DE like usual so he is going for (in his mind) the guaranteed OHKO

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Choso is for sure taking that fire arrow for Yuji. That would be a very fitting way for him to go out.

Is that Miwa using Simple Domain to shield Maki? Good for her.

These binding vows better blow up in Sukuna's face. Need him to slip up and try to attack someone and go "oh shit, it doesn't work that way anymore" and then pay for it

harleyvwarren

Oct 31, 2022
Illinois
Tipping one's hand is also a binding vow. I bring it up because it's what I thought about when Furnace wasn't censored, and because it's a common sorcerer practice in the modern era. Thank you, Nanami.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Like someone said, I hope binding vows are used more meaningfully, not just as a last minute gotcha, but also as an actual risk that can be exploited.

God, I hope these 99 seconds don't last 5 chapters.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
The second person Yuji swapped bodies with was Yuta right? It would've given Yuji the opportunity to train his RCT and practice creating a DE.

Plus if Yuta had already copied shrine at the time, then Yuji could've trained with the technique before he got it.

survivor

Oct 25, 2017
I guess there will be a proper explanation for this but if Sukuna's slashes output is so diminished that they can tank it, I wonder why the fire attack would be any different.

Asterikolt

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I guess there will be a proper explanation for this but if Sukuna's slashes output is so diminished that they can tank it, I wonder why the fire attack would be any different.

Tipping one's hand is also a binding vow. I bring it up because it's what I thought about when Furnace wasn't censored, and because it's a common sorcerer practice in the modern era. Thank you, Nanami.
I agree that him actually saying the name of the fire attack out loud this time around is to compensate for him not being at full strength, and it *just* might not be enough - who knows though

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018

The slashes chopped off Yuji's leg, so his technique is definitely getting boosted by the domain.

The fire is probably just the strongest single hit attack he has outside of world slash so he's going for that

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017

Now replace Maki with Miwa since she jumped into the middle of Sukuna's inescapable domain to protest her friend's sister

Edit: Did it myself
RsQ1a4t.png

Last edited:

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Yuji's super fast growth being attributed to Sukuna using his body and imparting muscle memory means there's a chance Potential Man can come back and finally give me Rabbit Big Raga totality

Big Su can't keep my dawg Ino down, I'm so proud of Shiesty Sorcerer for still hanging in there

Su's domain not being some new shit means I jumped the gun and Uraume is back on Cappin Watch

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently this was Sukuna delivering a black flash which does actually make more sense looking at it now.
kbrk3ur3otwc1.jpeg

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Now that my brain has settled after binging the series, here's my thoughts on the series

Kenjaku really got himself creampied, carried Yuji to term for 9 months, gave birth, and nursed him as a part of his evil plan? And his whole motivation for wanting to merge Japan with Tengen and pulling off all this shit to do so is purely for the love the game??? Man's the GOAT along with Takaba and Toji. Yuji might enter GOATed after this too for the crit build. Gojo got knocked outta the GOAT tier when he died imo

GOATs:

Kenjaku
Toji
Takaba
Nanami
Yuta

GOAT application pending:
Yuji
Maki

Lordfifth

Jul 31, 2022
Now that my brain has settled after binging the series, here's my thoughts on the series

Kenjaku really got himself creampied, carried Yuji to term for 9 months, gave birth, and nursed him as a part of his evil plan? And his whole motivation for wanting to merge Japan with Tengen and pulling off all this shit to do so is purely for the love the game??? Man's the GOAT along with Takaba and Toji. Yuji might enter GOATed after this too for the crit build. Gojo got knocked outta the GOAT tier when he died imo

GOATs:

Kenjaku
Toji
Takaba
Nanami
Yuta

GOAT application pending:
Yuji
Maki
why is toji there, the bumbest of bums, couldnt even hang with teen gojo and needed to exhaust him first, is literally a bum, got cooked by a high teenager tweeking

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Toji successfully made a man racist and
managed to dump child support on a teenager. He is actually winning despite being dead.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
You know a king is usually someone who can shove responsibilities to other people and not care about anything but himself so by that definition Toji is a King.