Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be a hater and say it. I don't like how we are about to do that Yuji/Todo team up for a third time. Maybe it will be different when it's against Sukuna, but I was hoping for something else.

Like what, they already basically used everyone else, including Yuta 😅

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I'm gonna be a hater and say it. I don't like how we are about to do that Yuji/Todo team up for a third time. Maybe it will be different when it's against Sukuna, but I was hoping for something else.

It's fun seeing Todo again and I'm sure the action will be great because Gege always brings his A game when choreographing their fights, but yeah, Todo's inclusion here doesn't seem necessary at all.

Plus Yuji deciding to stand up against Sukuna all alone probably would've been the more rewarding direction character development-wise than him needing Todo to swoop in again.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's fun seeing Todo again and I'm sure the action will be great because Gege always brings his A game when choreographing their fights, but yeah, Todo's inclusion here doesn't seem necessary at all.

Plus Yuji deciding to stand up against Sukuna all alone probably would've been the more rewarding direction character development-wise than him needing Todo to swoop in again.
Todo is going to give another great speech, his idol is going to show up reveal that she's also a curse user and then Todo, Yuji, and Todo's idol will give Sukuna three black flashes at the same time while they all shout WE ARE THE EXCEPTION

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Damn Gege gave Uraume the nah I'd win face
Sukuna lost
His assistant killed him
Screenshot-20240512-160519-MANGA-Plus.jpg

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
This chapter man, what a rollercoaster. Choso :( but then Todo :) Gege remembers he exists. Though it's lame af we will never get the Yuji/Todo/Choso holy trinity

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I love how they jump to the Hakari and Uraume fight without any indication at all as to how that fight is going. Not that I would want the Sukuna fight to be interrupted. I think that ship sailed a long time ago.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
The Hakari/Uraume fight will probably be how Sukuna survives for another 10 or so chapters. Just as Yuji and Todo look like they're about to win, Uraume breaks the stalemate and defeats Hakari and shows up to assist Sukuna.

I can see it right now. This is exactly what is going to happen

Karsha

May 1, 2020
This will end up like the first part of the Dio/Jotaro fight with Yuji winning and Sukuna on the ground only to turn his head and realize that he has landed near the final finger that fell from Rika's body lol

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I liked the art but that was about it, thought it was very dull weirdly enough. You can tell Gege wanted this chapter to look great to go along with how it's a big moment in the fight. I expected to dislike the Choso stuff but I felt nothing while reading. Just waiting for Nobara now.

Urame and Hakari do more commentary on the other fight than focusing on their own lmao

grand

Oct 25, 2017
There's no narrative reason for Todo to hide from Yuji unless it was narrative set up for them to hide Nobara's survival as well. Since hiding Todo from Yuji didn't actually affect anything. Everything would've played out the same regardless.

Of course, it could just be bad writing as well. But Todo playing out the same "I'm sure they're fine" excuse to Yuji suggests that either everyone is dead or Nobara is alive.

Oct 27, 2017
There's no narrative reason for Todo to hide from Yuji unless it was narrative set up for them to hide Nobara's survival as well. Since hiding Todo from Yuji didn't actually affect anything. Everything would've played out the same regardless.

Of course, it could just be bad writing as well. But Todo playing out the same "I'm sure they're fine" excuse to Yuji suggests that either everyone is dead or Nobara is alive.
Apparently resonance or whatever meant Todo telling Yuji his plans would've let Sukuna know about them. Meanwhile Mei Mei never conveyed this possibility to anyone else, and no one else thought this was an issue when including Yuji in all their plans. Shit came out of nowhere, doesn't make any sense, and no one else seems to question is for some reason 🤷🏽‍♂️

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto

It's bad writing.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Apparently resonance or whatever meant Todo telling Yuji his plans would've let Sukuna know about them. Meanwhile Mei Mei never conveyed this possibility to anyone else, and no one else thought this was an issue when including Yuji in all their plans. Shit came out of nowhere, doesn't make any sense, and no one else seems to question is for some reason 🤷🏽‍♂️

Yuji wasn't there for the Yuta/Kenjaku plan. And he didn't know about Miguel.

But he was there for the Higuruma part so uh.... 🤷‍♀️

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Mainly why I think it's goofy for Urame to be like "We win" when he has no clue who the
Jujutsu force has left in the wings to fight a 99% dead Sukuna even if everyone in the domain died.

Like what if Miguel came back to finish the job since he specifically wanted to fight a super weak Sukuna?

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
It's funny how the Nobara wound seems to have mostly healed and now the copium is back. Lol.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
and no one else thought this was an issue when including Yuji in all their plans

These are... good points

Mainly why I think it's goofy for Urame to be like "We win" when he has no clue who the
Jujutsu force has left in the wings to fight a 99% dead Sukuna even if everyone in the domain died.

I mean Urame ain't the reader. Gojo is one thing given he was borderline invincible without Mahoraga helping, but if I'm his loyal henchmen and I know what Sukuna is capable of, why would I not be the cliche henchmen that thinks their boss could never ever lose

Oct 27, 2017
Yuji wasn't there for the Yuta/Kenjaku plan. And he didn't know about Miguel.

Yeah he was there for the Higaruma part, not to mention the replacement training and he was the one who read all about the soul stuff form Yuki and likely thought up the idea to try to gree Megumi

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Last dozen chapter i started not really thinking to much about things and i shall continue untill the end because Gojo and Sukuna just casually changing domain and binding vows like nothing is confusing, either that or translation/explanation is ass. At least Todo is back.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
If Dragon Ball was airing today, people would be dumbfounded at the stupidity of the plot post Frieza arc.

Just enjoy the pictures, the writing is on the level of the industry, which is subterranean.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Jesus christ all the best characters are getting killed, Choso was in my top 5 😕

But Todo out of nowhere got me HYPED! Only thing that would make me happier would be Gojo still alive afterall and kicking Sukuna to the curb

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
If Dragon Ball was airing today, people would be dumbfounded at the stupidity of the plot post Frieza arc.

Just enjoy the pictures, the writing is on the level of the industry, which is subterranean.
To be fair, JJK loves to explain things far more than Dragon Ball ever did. The more you use words the more people are going to scrutinize those words.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I make fun of the binding vow thing but I don't mind it. He's the goat sorcerer and abusing a loophole that other sorcerers don't take advantage of. I think nanami said something about the best JJ sorcerers being frauds or conmen or something like that 🤷.

Gojo and Sukuna changing the rules of their domain on the fly was like peak Jujutsu to everyone watching

Oct 27, 2017

Except people did think the plot was dumb, it's just that DBZ never tried to portray itself as anything serious or highly technical and its ardent fans certainly didn't either. DBZ didn't have chapters about complex strategies/plans for how to beat Cell or Buu that seemed convoluted for the sake of it

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Except people did think the plot was dumb, it's just that DBZ never tried to portray itself as anything serious or highly technical and its ardent fans certainly didn't either. DBZ didn't have chapters about complex strategies/plans for how to beat Cell or Buu that seemed convoluted for the sake of it
It's especially obvious when a most of the stuff TFS made fun of in Dragon Ball Abridged wasn't made up by them but actual Fandom jokes
Also Buu saga is the most contentious arc among fans

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Choso. Cool character with cool powers. He went from villain slaughtering people to a caring big bro in no time. Only in JJK.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I guess fraudkuna is out of card now.
Interestingly with how this has been going I guess he could have killed Gojo without potential man's corpse.
Then again if potential man is still part of good guys, they could have sent Gojo with Makora (and I'll call it Makora because that's how it's pronounced in the anime) vs Sukuna.

Now how would Sukuna off Gojo without potential man?
Basically battle of domains, both are in burnout and Sukuna send the fire arrow and GG.
Now why go through all the trouble of using potential man's bad of mid?
from a writing perspective it shows full potential man vs the strongest,
shame about the ending though.

from in Universe perspective? I have no idea because outside of showing the bottom of Kuna's bag and he doesn't like that, it feels like it's not worth it at all.
Combat would have ended at chapter 225 after the 1st domain clash and the fraud would still have his domain and would be in a such a better position to get through the conga line of heroes tryingt to kill him.

So in short it's a pretty shoddily written story.

I mean have you seen how the Buu Saga was received?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess fraudkuna is out of card now.
Interestingly with how this has been going I guess he could have killed Gojo without potential man's corpse.
Then again if potential man is still part of good guys, they could have sent Gojo with Makora (and I'll call it Makora because that's how it's pronounced in the anime) vs Sukuna.

Now how would Sukuna off Gojo without potential man?
Basically battle of domains, both are in burnout and Sukuna send the fire arrow and GG.
Now why go through all the trouble of using potential man's bad of mid?
from a writing perspective it shows full potential man vs the strongest,
shame about the ending though.

from in Universe perspective? I have no idea because outside of showing the bottom of Kuna's bag and he doesn't like that, it feels like it's not worth it at all.
Combat would have ended at chapter 225 after the 1st domain clash and the fraud would still have his domain and would be in a such a better position to get through the conga line of heroes tryingt to kill him.
The explanation seems to point to that Sukuna couldn't use Fire Arrow against Gojo due to the way they used their domains left him unable to meet the requirements. So I wouldn't say that was an example of Sukuna holding back against Gojo.