brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
Google translated and read that butchered shit lol. Yuta is the best. Everyone worried about morals when they fighting the strongest sorcerer of all time, time to become the monster. One thing I wasn't able to catch, what were the potential outcomes after the 5 minutes?

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
Gojo once again tells his students to go back but they refutes him. Yuta tells Gojo to not try becoming a monster by himself again

Gojo: Thats something I can't do. At that moment, I was left behind. I have to catch up to him
Does this mean... Gojo wanted to catch up to Geto and also be a monster like him? Am I reading that right?

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
I'm indifferent to Yuji as a main protagonist, but I can definitely get why his fans would be malding over Yuta upstaging him because... he has been for quite some time.

I don't like Yuta, but it does seem like Gege gives him more cool feats and scenes in comparison.

This though? I can't see Yuji doing anything "cooler" than what Yuta is doing now.

That's not to say I approve of this direction, I don't, but I understand the salt coming from some Yuji fans.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Gojo taking responsibility for what occurred post-Shibuya and finally realizing how naive he was in regard to the higher ups is a good bit of character development.

Kinda sad how Gojo's biggest contribution was him becoming the one thing he never wanted to become and killing the higher ups so his students didn't have to.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely an interesting turn of events, but I'm also not really happy Yuji's moment got interrupted. I guess we will see where this goes.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
Sad for Yuta most likely dying after 5 minutes run out.

I thought Gege lost the plot at the beginning but they cooked at the end. Can't wait for the next chapter.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
biggest rage I see is from Yuji Stans who are insecure about him being upstaged lol. The Gojo diehards probabaly too but I'm seeing the yuji stans crashing out right now
Can one even be a "stan" of the main character of a Shonen Jump series? That's just the default state lol

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
I can't believe I'm still seeing some people online say that Gojo might come back...

Like guys, pack it up. His corpse got overtaken by Yuta.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
First flashback scene in this fight that actually worked for me and what do you know, it was due to a focus on character moments and developing character arcs.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
The character work in this chapter was so good that it makes it feel like Yuta has to win it here which sucks because I know he won't since Yuji obviously isn't going to sit on the sidelines. Hopefully he at least does some lasting damage beyond just taking away Sukuna's domain again since that would put us back in the same place we started and I want to see actual progress

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
So thoughts on the story direction guys?

Great writing? Awful writing?

Love it? Hate it?

It depends on the follow up.

I think the chapter did a genuinely good job selling me on a direction I wasn't initially keen on. But, like others pointed out, that won't matter unless Yuta's decision has serious, tangible effects on this fight. On the other hand, Yuji getting his moment and beating Sukuna isn't something Gege can afford to mess up on. So there's a really tight balancing act Gege needs to do within these next chapters.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
The character work in this chapter was so good that it makes it feel like Yuta has to win it here which sucks because I know he won't since Yuji obviously isn't going to sit on the sidelines. Hopefully he at least does some lasting damage beyond just taking away Sukuna's domain again since that would put us back in the same place we started and I want to see actual progress
Yuji could just get the final blow/black flash without Yuta losing, like with the first time they tag teamed Yuta only needs to set Yuji up for him to reach Megumi

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I broke down and read the spoilers.

I was hoping for Gojo to come back so this result is a huge letdown. It looks like it's just going to result in Yuta getting killed now.

I'm tired, boss.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
Reactions online are not as bad as I thought.

The Gojo x Geto shippers are happy that Gege threw them a bone lol. Otherwise... yeah, the rage that it's not really Gojo is pretty contained all things considered.

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
Yuji could just get the final blow/black flash without Yuta losing, like with the first time they tag teamed Yuta only needs to set Yuji up for him to reach Megumi
I'm hoping this is gonna be a fucked up way for the main 3 (Yuji/Yuta/Gojo) to jump Sukuna's ass and put him down. Probably a stretch because I thought they were gonna get him like 5 times already

Apr 17, 2018
IT WAS FUCKING YUTA INDEED!! But in a much cooler way than just copying Limitless/Six Eyes. That tiny drawing of Rika slurping Kenjaku up I can't even <3 <3 <3

Ferret

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping this is gonna be a fucked up way for the main 3 (Yuji/Yuta/Gojo) to jump Sukuna's ass and put him down. Probably a stretch because I thought they were gonna get him like 5 times already

Theoretically it could still happen in a weird roundabout way. Geto was able to briefly regain some control over Kenjaku. So say if Yuta not being used to either Kenjaku's or Gojo's techniques isn't quite able to match Sukuna with DE and Gojo's lingering soul momentarily helps out even if it's just Yuta acknowledging that he doesn't feel completely in control for a moment. And that gives Yuji the opening he needs against Sukuna.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just woke up to this and I'm cackling. Glad that Gojo is pretty much confirmed dead. Told y'all he got on that flight, JJK has the world's most efficient flights.

Apr 17, 2018
Theoretically it could still happen in a weird roundabout way. Geto was able to briefly regain some control over Kenjaku. So say if Yuta not being used to either Kenjaku's or Gojo's techniques isn't quite able to match Sukuna with DE and Gojo's lingering soul momentarily helps out even if it's just Yuta acknowledging that he doesn't feel completely in control for a moment. And that gives Yuji the opening he needs against Sukuna.

Nice take, I like it!

I am still convinced that Sukuna will take over Yuta's body somehow cause he ate the last finger, though.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
I'm indifferent to Yuji as a main protagonist, but I can definitely get why his fans would be malding over Yuta upstaging him because... he has been for quite some time.

I don't like Yuta, but it does seem like Gege gives him more cool feats and scenes in comparison.

This though? I can't see Yuji doing anything "cooler" than what Yuta is doing now.

That's not to say I approve of this direction, I don't, but I understand the salt coming from some Yuji fans.
Nah, this is just not right by any means. Yuji has DOZENS of iconic panels across several fights (against Mahito, Sukuna pre and post Meguna specially). More than Yuta. Yuta is the one playing catch up on cool scenes.

Trigger