pochi

Oct 25, 2017
My respect for Yuta has grown for sure.
He's only one willing to resort to this gross strategy.

Trigger

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
So my new new theory based on the current chapter is:

Gojo will regain control of his body while Yuta is operating it much like how Toji took over the body of Granny Ogami's grandson during the Sibuya Incident arc. Gojo's body is stronger than Yuta's soul!

I'm thinking we'll get a moment where Gojo helps Yuta somehow, but not a full override. Gege doesn't like Gojo enough for all that. 😂

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize the Jujutsufolk subreddit had a "binding vow" with many people betting their accounts on whether Gojo came back or not. Pretty funny watching the results.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
this shit took me out more than 236. So Yuta is gonna die in Gojo's dead corpse? Lol. First thing Gojo said when came out the box was that he wanted to give Geto a proper burial, now both this Mofos are being desecrated lmao. Kenny would have been better. Kagurabachi clears/SPOILER]

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
this shit took me out more than 236. So Yuta is gonna die in Gojo's dead corpse? Lol. First thing Gojo said when came out the box was that he wanted to give Geto a proper burial, now both this Mofos are being desecrated lmao. Kenny would have been better. Kagurabachi clears/SPOILER]

Looks like Yuta was screwed either way. Megumi's kill streak continues

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think Yuta is going to die if they said that's just one of the options and we're by the end of the gauntlet, Gege is purposely keeping it a mystery of what could happen to Yuta so he can pull anything

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
They just gotta keep plopping Yuta into a different body every 5 minutes and he'll be fine. They got extras to spare at this point

Lulu

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Yuta is going to die if they said that's just one of the options and we're by the end of the gauntlet, Gege is purposely keeping it a mystery of what could happen to Yuta so he can pull anything
I'm confused about the whole thing, is Yuta's actual body dead? I'd rather not he be in Gojo's body permanently either. That's just fucking weird.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I'm confused about the whole thing, is Yuta's actual body dead? I'd rather not he be in Gojo's body permanently either. That's just fucking weird.
yeah his main option for survival is permanently becoming Gojo unless Rika does some shit cause I can definitely see Rika coming into play

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Anyone remember the Yuta can't become gojo by the brain guy?

nd01blX.jpeg

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Yuji's going to be upset at all the death at the end of this and Megumi will once again look him dead in the eye and say "It's all our faults. We share equal blame".

The reactions when Megumi starts the merger because the ghost of Kenjaku possessing the merger baby offers to bring back Tsumiki or some shit if he does it is going to be wild

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Also: the last Sukuna finger is back in play.

This chapter confirms it's Rika who has to ingest something to copy a technique, not Yuta, and we know from previous arcs curse spirits don't destroy the fingers if they eat them.

Trigger

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I assume he's going to be stuck in Gojo's body. Shoko could've just healed him if it was an option, yeah?

I wonder if he gets to keep Copy? Kenny had multiple techniques from all his body hopping.

Lulu

Oct 25, 2017
I assume he's going to be stuck in Gojo's body. Shoko could've just healed him if it was an option, yeah?

I wonder if he gets to keep Copy? Kenny had multiple techniques from all his body hopping.
Seems like they wanted to use it for Limitless, I don't see why his body wouldn't be healed

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
If the corpse possession technique is a permanent technique and Yuta doesn't die in Gojo's body, assuming he still has access to the technique couldn't he just use it to repossess his own corpse?

I will not put this lightly. This is peak JJK. NO ONE predicted this outcome, Gege carefully made sense of everything, every character behaved appropriately, everything makes perfect sense due to the circumstances.

There's plenty to be unhappy due to individual preferences, but Gege COOKED as far as writing goes.
hard agree

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
If the corpse possession technique is a permanent technique and Yuta doesn't die in Gojo's body, assuming he still has access to the technique couldn't he just use it to repossess his own corpse?

If he doesn't die when the 5 minutes are up that should be possible after Rika recharges

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
So my new new theory based on the current chapter is:

Gojo will regain control of his body while Yuta is operating it much like how Toji took over the body of Granny Ogami's grandson during the Sibuya Incident arc. Gojo's body is stronger than Yuta's soul!

Toji is an entirely different circumstance though.

I think the best comparison would be Geto's finger twitching and then choking his own neck while Kenjaku was in possession in Shibuya.

Gojo's brain is gone, and it's Yuta's brain in there now, so I can't see Gojo regaining conscious since he's not there anymore.

And as another user said... Gege does not like Gojo enough to do anything other than let his body get used as a weapon.

Gojo and Geto are just tragic characters.

They had the moniker of the strongest, yet they never knew peace while alive or dead. They share the same death date, Kenny head scar, and now corpse desecration.

Gojo never did get to bury Geto since Rika ate his corpse lol.

Gojo just cannot catch a break when it came to helping his best friend in any way.

thermopyle

Nov 8, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Not how I wanted Gojo to come back but I'll take it since I like Yuta.

I doubt he's remaining in the body, they'll probably repair his OG and he'll somehow end up back in it. But it'd be wild if he doesn't die after the 5 mins, survives this battle, and stays in Satoru's body. Truly surpass Gojo and anyone else at that point with how broken he'd be.

Also, it's unclear to me but can Yuta use the Six Eyes? Or is that the reason he only has 5 minutes (cursed energy) because he doesn't have Gojo's hax?

Last edited:

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest

Gege could have easily writteb Yuji to win here

he set up enough handicaps to make sense

The Gojo thing was unnecessary

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Yuji is the process of ripping Sukuna's heart out as revenge for Choso and Sukuna's boner for Yuta/Gojo literally pushes him aside. It's cool in its own way, but it does kill the moment a bit.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Not how I wanted Gojo to come back but I'll take it since I like Yuta.

I doubt he's remaining in the body, they'll probably repair his OG and he'll somehow end up back in it. But it'd be wild if he doesn't die after the 5 mins, survives this battle, and stays in Satoru's body. Truly surpass Gojo and anyone else at that point with how broken he'd be.

Also, it's unclear to me but can Yuta use the Six Eyes? Or is that the reason he only has 5 minutes (cursed energy) because he doesn't have Gojo's hax?
YUta can only fully use copied techniques For 5 min while RIka is fully manifested. We don't know what will happen when the 5 min runs out, if Kenny's technique will fade out and Yuta will die, or if the technique is a one time permanent use in which case Yuta's brain will be fine But we don't know if he will maintain access to his original technique. Yuta can use the six eyes since it's a physical trait of Gojos body that he now possesses.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it. I'm probably the biggest Yuji fan in this thread, and I don't have an issue with what happened this chapter.

Yuji is the main character. He'll get his moment against Sukuna. .
It's less that "He'll get his moment" and more that "We were literally in the middle of his moment". If you were resonating with the emotional beat of Yuji avenging Choso, you aren't going to be happy that a pin was put in it so abruptly.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
This chapter was also an interesting look at Gojo's character. On one hand, his loneliness was partly self-imposed. But this was a good look at the dehumanization and the way he was used all his life. Also Im super curious about what the heck Gojo was doing for 10 years after Geto. Nanami left Jujutsu and Yaga was most likely busy. Was Gojo stuck with 8 year old Megumi that whole time?

Last edited:

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
It's less that "He'll get his moment" and more that "We were literally in the middle of his moment". If you were resonating with the emotional beat of Yuji avenging Choso, you aren't going to be happy that a pin was put in it so abruptly.

Yeah, that's true. And it would've made more sense if Yuji was thrown back by the domain expansion activating or something than having the emotional weight cut short by Sukuna just throwing him aside in the middle of getting disemboweled.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
Shouldn't Sukuna still have the binding vow for the world cutting hidden slash against Gojo?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Yuji gripe aside, I do really like Yuta's character moment the more I sit on it. Gojo's death was really the end of his childhood. He sees himself as the one who has to step up and be the person everyone relies on and understands what that takes based on his idolization of Gojo. And his pursuit to be the next Gojo ended up delightfully literal.

Lulu

Oct 25, 2017
Yuji gripe aside, I do really like Yuta's character moment the more I sit on it. Gojo's death was really the end of his childhood. And sees himself as the one who has to step up and be the person everyone relies on and what that takes. And his pursuit to be the next Gojo ended up delightfully literal.
Yea, this isn't bad the more I sit with it. I just want Yuta to return back into his body. Also I'm starting to except that Maybe Gojo just didn't want to come back

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
This chapter was also an interesting look at Gojo's character. On one hand, his loneliness was partly self-imposed. But this was a good look at the dehumanization and the way he was used all his life. Also Im super curious about what the heck Gojo was doing for 10 years after Geto. Nanami left Jujutsu and Yaga was most likely busy. Was Gojo stuck with 8 year old Megumi that whole time?

Probably just carrying out missions, raising Megumi, and pining for Geto.

I can't see him doing much else other than that.

It's kinda sad really. He was the most powerful sorcery and could have bent things his way quite easily, but he refrained and allowed himself to get used well until his death, and even after it.

Gojo's problem is he was way too passive about change, letting things happen slowly, or not at all.

Should've killed those damn elders long ago if you ask me.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I also feel like this is going to answer the question for us of whether he was Gojo because he was the strongest or if he was the strongest because he was Gojo. Which gives me the vibe that Yuta will underperform.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
It's impossible to not get spoiled for JJK if you use any social media.

You could be scrolling through your timeline, minding your own business, and you'd get hit with a massive spoiler randomly.

JJK is too big now that it's not a matter of it, but when, you're going to run into a massive spoiler.

It's why I choose to look at leaks, and plenty of others too. There's no point in waiting anymore.

I bet the anime onlies have all gotten spoiled at this point, but will pretend to be surprised when they have to do reactions lol.