Lamine

Nov 28, 2023
imagine yuta permanently stuck in gojo's body...i know gege hates gojo's fanbase with burning passion, but is he really Based enough to make that happen? Gojo being alive but its yuta lmaooo

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Probably just carrying out missions, raising Megumi, and pining for Geto.

I can't see him doing much else other than that.

It's kinda sad really. He was the most powerful sorcery and could have bent things his way quite easily, but he refrained and allowed himself to get used well until his death, and even after it.

Gojo's problem is he was way too passive about change, letting things happen slowly, or not at all.

Should've killed those damn elders long ago if you ask me.

I agree he was passive, but it makes sense with the way he was raised and how he presents himself. He basically didn't want everyone scared of him. My poor boi, just wanted friends his age. Shoko kinda sucks.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
I.....have opinions! First, shouldn't read the whole chapter, now I have even more time to wait until the next one :|

Still think that Gojo should've won and would have won if not for 10S. But anyway, I don't HATE this Yuta in Gojo body, just think it sucks that Gege is going to kill 2 of my favorite characters. Because Yuta will die, I can bet on that! :(

Right now, I can't even try to predict anything. I hate that Gojo has officially died and seems like there is absolutely no shenanigans left for me to even think he is coming back. But dude (Gege) is going so wild on this that I have to love it. Hate it, but love it!

Lamine

Nov 28, 2023
dy3zgjae562d1.jpeg
this part was just...sad. gojo's entire existence is a tragedy

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I also feel like this is going to answer the question for us of whether he was Gojo because he was the strongest or if he was the strongest because he was Gojo. Which gives me the vibe that Yuta will underperform.
Damn, that's a good point

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
That Geto flashback panel was dope. This Satosugu shit goes crazy

By far the best ship in JJK even with little screen time. Just 🐐 things

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It's kinda sad really. He was the most powerful sorcery and could have bent things his way quite easily, but he refrained and allowed himself to get used well until his death, and even after it.

Gojo's problem is he was way too passive about change, letting things happen slowly, or not at all.

This is Lelouch vs Suzaku methods all over again

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
That Geto flashback panel was dope. This Satosugu shit goes crazy

By far the best ship in JJK even with little screen time. Just 🐐 things

Yeah it's not even a contest lol. They get the most material in canon to work with.

No matter what Gege does with the story, so long as he throws in Gojo pining over Geto, they're well fed.

I agree he was passive, but it makes sense with the way he was raised and how he presents himself. He basically didn't want everyone scared of him. My poor boi, just wanted friends his age. Shoko kinda sucks.

Shoko... I wish we got more from her.

Seeing how she casually spoke about Gojo's corpse like that... I dunno, I thought she'd be more hung up on one of her long time friends dying.

Right now, the only people who seem to actually care for Gojo in this series are Geto, Yuji and Yuta. Everyone else is just meh towards him. Not a care about him as a person.

He deserved better.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I'm glad Gege expanded on Gojo's decision to kill the elders here.

Gojo's dream of a peaceful, organic revolution was never viable. It was only allowed to persist because the implicit threat of violence Gojo posed anyway. Which is why the second he was gone the elders tried to violently crush it. And Gojo being, well, Gojo, it took until Shibuya and its aftermath for him to realize this. It was always going to end this way.

Gojo deciding to bloody his hands so his students didn't have to is, honestly, an appropriately tragic final "win" for Gojo. He sacrificed his dream and became what he never wanted to become, but he made the neccessary choice for his students.

Lulu

Oct 25, 2017
Gojo actually dying in the anime will break me.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I think as mad as people are now this is a chapter that's gonna work better later on with how everything been built up and away from the Gojo hype.

Yeah it's not even a contest lol. They get the most material in canon to work with.

No matter what Gege does with the story, so long as he throws in Gojo pining over Geto, they're well fed.

Shoko... I wish we got more from her.

Seeing how she casually spoke about Gojo's corpse like that... I dunno, I thought she'd be more hung up on one of her long time friends dying.

Right now, the only people who seem to actually care for Gojo in this series are Geto, Yuji and Yuta. Everyone else is just meh towards him. Not a care about him as a person.

He deserved better.

I think the others cared in their own way. Their behavior when he left to fight shows it. Megumi is a strange one. But Imma lean towards caring because he was rude to his sister like he was to Gojo.He's just bad at showing care in general.

Cyborg009

Oct 28, 2017
Damn people are mentioning that Yuji and Yuta were the ones really cared about Gojo in the end. Everyone forced him to be some kind of monster.

this-is-really-sad-v0-c95j53csq62d1.jpeg

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Question, do we know what Shoko's CT even actually is? All we know is that she's good with RCT which technically other people are capable of using.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I'm honestly curious what Yuji would've said if he had been in the room when they came up with the plan.

My gut reaction is that Yuji wouldn't have allowed them to use Gojo's body like that under any circumstance. But at the same time, this is the same guy who ate six of his brothers, and he's shown he's willing to be pragmatic when it comes to beating Sukuna/killing curses.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
we've reached the vs Sukuna event horizon. There's no one left to bring back so Gege has to start getting creative with it

Lulu

Oct 25, 2017
Yuta really is the best character in JJK, this shit got me tearing up at work. Animated, especially if he don't come back? Nah I ain't watching it

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Ya'll don't worry. The Merger will bring back everyone that died. Just believe!!!!!

survivor

Oct 25, 2017
This Fujiwara vs Sugawara thing has to come into play later right? Otherwise it's the most pointless thing to spend time on in this chapter.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
some good character work that reinforces the tragedy of Gojo, ended up like Geto. He really couldn't return for real cause he'd just be right back to what he was before, a lonely inhuman weapon, the world wouldn't allow him to be anything but, his very birth/existence shifted the whole JJK power curse scale.

Waiting to hear more about Tengen, they are another person along with Kenny who's responsible for shit getting out of hand like this, the barrier around Japan created pressure cooker conditions for more and more stronger curses and sorcerers to be born to screw things up.

Gege can do some good shit when they actually care to smh.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
This Fujiwara vs Sugawara thing has to come into play later right? Otherwise it's the most pointless thing to spend time on in this chapter.
i think the idea was just to convey that Yuta has a "better" bloodline than Gojo if he's descended from both. Basically another way to hype up Yuta...I wonder if that means he'll be able to use The Limitless differently than Gojo

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I saw someone mention this here or on reddit but:

this entire turn of events with Yuta controlling Gojo's body will really put Geto's words to Gojo to the test. Is he Gojo Saturo because he's powerful or is he powerful because he's Gojo Satoru?

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
I am curious how much series will be left when this fight eventually resolves.
Depends on if there's another fight or not but this one has been so long that I doubt there'll be another one after this. If there isn't, I'll say one or two chapters to tie things up and end it. Gege doesn't really care about drawing stuff other than fights so when the fights are over, so is the series

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
We don't know what will happen when the 5 minutes is up and Gojo's body is already healed…just saying…I still have hope he'll come back. And Nobara

*inhales hopium*

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
soooo what happened to Rika? lol

imagine Yuta having access to Gojo's body and technique AND Rika...maybe he does

We don't know what will happen when the 5 minutes is up and Gojo's body is already healed…just saying…I still have hope he'll come back. And Nobara

*inhales hopium*
they took out his brain...he's done

but if you want some real extreme copium...what if they put Gojo's brain in Yuta's body and he is somehow able to heal it? And they decide to make the body swap permanent, and Yuta becomes the new "strongest" while Gojo gets to live life in Yuta's body and is free from his burden

this will not happen though lol

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I actually like the character writing going on in this chapter. It shows that Yuta is still a crazy jujutsu sorcerer like other people that are considered to be incredibly strong, but he's not doing it to be the strongest (like Sukuna or Gojo), he's doing it because he knows he has to in order to save everyone. It also shows he has a deeper understanding of Gojo as a person compared to most other people. I just hope he does something useful here.

I still want to see Yuji being the one to actually deal with the issue. Though Gojo never fought alongside others, and Yuta is much more team oriented, so it's possible we get a Gojo who... can engage in jumpjutsukaisen like the rest of the cast does.

There's also the possibility that Yuta does win this one, but there's been so much talk about the merger that I feel like it has to happen and maybe that's where Yuji really shines.

Who fucking knows at this point, I'm just along for the ride.

Cyborg009

Oct 28, 2017
I actually like the character writing going on in this chapter. It shows that Yuta is still a crazy jujutsu sorcerer like other people that are considered to be incredibly strong, but he's not doing it to be the strongest (like Sukuna or Gojo), he's doing it because he knows he has to in order to save everyone. It also shows he has a deeper understanding of Gojo as a person compared to most other people. I just hope he does something useful here.

I still want to see Yuji being the one to actually deal with the issue. Though Gojo never fought alongside others, and Yuta is much more team oriented, so it's possible we get a Gojo who... can engage in jumpjutsukaisen like the rest of the cast does.

There's also the possibility that Yuta does win this one, but there's been so much talk about the merger that I feel like it has to happen and maybe that's where Yuji really shines.

Who fucking knows at this point, I'm just along for the ride.
It def showed how love is one of the most twisted curses.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
you know what I just realized Gege could have been WAAAAY more crueler with last week's cliffhanger, imagine if last chapter ended with showing the head stitches

Oct 27, 2017

People always say this, but I dunno if I ever bought this explanation. In reality a lot of things happened because Gojo got his way. For instance the decision not to execute Yuji when he first ingested Sukuna's finger wasn't because of some compelling argument Gojo made, but because the elders knew he could/would kill them if they decided to try it, which is why they did only after he was sealed.

But to be honest, I've always thought the whole Gojo lonely characterization was done pretty badly. It was always the epitome of telling instead of showing, because it was always after the fact, like in flashbacks or other scenes outside the regular continuity of the story that it was mentioned, not in anything we actually saw in his actions.

And it's not like the idea of being overly powerful being lonely is a foreign concept. You only need to look at YYH and how it was handled with Toguro or Yusuke post Dark Tournament or post Chapter Black even

harleyvwarren

Oct 31, 2022
Illinois
"You're too soft, Yuta". I'm glad this went somewhere, after both Ryu and Uro chastise Yuta for his acts of mercy in the Culling Game, and I post this page because Uro gets to have a fun bit of dialogue here, given her experience in her first life.

how-sukuna-achieved-divinity-and-enforced-a-schism-in-v0-732txu7b09qc1.png

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Shoko really never gave a fuck about her friends huh, it's so weirdly sad.
Were they really friends or just classmates though. I remember the whole time watching Hidden Inventory thinking it'd be about the 3 of them (Gojo, Geto, and Shoko) like on some early Naruto ish, when Shoko was basically just in the background and barely interacted with either of them

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Were they really friends or just classmates though. I remember the whole time watching Hidden Inventory thinking it'd be about the 3 of them (Gojo, Geto, and Shoko) like on some early Naruto ish, when Shoko was basically just in the background and barely interacted with either of them
Judging from the fact Geto went after her (and she immediately ratted him lmao) and Gojo was annoyed at her not objecting to his body being taken, at least both of them saw her as a friend.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Judging from the fact Geto went after her (and she immediately ratted him lmao) and Gojo was annoyed at her not objecting to his body being taken, at least both of them saw her as a friend.
she doesn't really have much reason to object given her occupation and the fact that it's life or death for everyone

Lulu

Oct 25, 2017
"You're too soft, Yuta". I'm glad this went somewhere, after both Ryu and Uro chastise Yuta for his acts of mercy in the Culling Game, and I post this page because Uro gets to have a fun bit of dialogue here, given her experience in her first life.

yep, first thing I thought of. Some really good character writing and pay off in this chapter. I'm just sad. 236 is still ass.

I feel like Yuta and Gojo will have some kinda spirit interaction in Gojo's body. A final goodbye of sorts.

Megumi sucks

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018

Yeah, a very good call back. Sukuna said something similar when Yuta first arrived as well.

Also, Sukuna looked so much more intimidating before the distorted part of his face became a mask

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who saw Gojo, Geto, and Shoko as their own trio, it's disheartening to see how little of a character Shoko is. This chapter really bummed me out thinking about how lonely Gojo felt. Yuta was always one of my favorites. Sad to see him potentially go, but also nice to see how much he cared for Gojo.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018

This just tells me Shoko sucks lol.

With how she coldly talked about his dead corpse in the latest chapter... yeah I believe it.

I've read fanfics that depicted her as a better friend to both Gojo and Geto than Gege's actual portrayal of her.

People always say this, but I dunno if I ever bought this explanation. In reality a lot of things happened because Gojo got his way. For instance the decision not to execute Yuji when he first ingested Sukuna's finger wasn't because of some compelling argument Gojo made, but because the elders knew he could/would kill them if they decided to try it, which is why they did only after he was sealed.

But to be honest, I've always thought the whole Gojo lonely characterization was done pretty badly. It was always the epitome of telling instead of showing, because it was always after the fact, like in flashbacks or other scenes outside the regular continuity of the story that it was mentioned, not in anything we actually saw in his actions.

And it's not like the idea of being overly powerful being lonely is a foreign concept. You only need to look at YYH and how it was handled with Toguro or Yusuke post Dark Tournament or post Chapter Black even

I agree, I don't think the whole lonely stuff was handled that particularly well, and I'm just going by the tiny crumbs Gege has left us.

I do think he should've killed those damn Elders way earlier though.

Perhaps even before Yuji showed up... maybe even right after Geto defected because those dudes really didn't care that sorcerors were dropping dead left and right and just worked them like dogs.

Could've saved the world 10 years of their old asses treating people like machines and created a lot of change himself during that time. It was a waste of 10 years just sitting idly by hoping things would change for the better while those old farts lived.

Last edited:

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018

On one hand, the implicit threat of violence absolutely played a part in what Gojo was allowed to get away with, and why Gojo's dream of a peaceful revolution was a nonstarter to begin with.

On the other hand:
- Gojo did fuck all except grumble about it after he thought the higher ups killed Yuji by sending him on that dangerous mission during the Fearsome Womb arc. Which easily could've resulted in Megumi and Nobara dying as well.
- Gojo didn't do shit either after the higher ups ordered guitar grandpa to publicly assassinate Yuji during the goodwill event.

The higher ups definitely knew not to test certain boundaries (which is why they waited until Gojo was sealed to completely consolidate their power, kill Yaga, etc) but from what little we saw, they were pretty brazen in how they acted to undermine Gojo and how much Gojo passively accepted because he didn't want to cross that line.