Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still on that copium that Nobara will show up at a critical moment like
531617e20a5ec070bf638a1cc40000ff.gif

The trio has got to do something before the series ends. Or at least Megumi. I can't believe how long that bum has been out. Makes me realize how much of it there's left. We still need the Tengen kaiju battle or whatever that's gonna be and Megumi still has to do something at some point.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The trio has got to do something before the series ends. Or at least Megumi. I can't believe how long that bum has been out. Makes me realize how much of it there's left. We still need the Tengen kaiju battle or whatever that's gonna be and Megumi still has to do something at some point.

Like what? If Megumi were back, the battle would basically be over at that point

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are we assuming Sukuna is the final boss? I figured once he died we'd get whatever Kenjaku was planning which will give Megumi something to do.

Oh right, the merger stuff. Honestly I don't even know how all that is gonna go. Also I'm honestly just exhausted thinking about going straight from an endless battle with Sukuna to having deal with some merger monster or w/e the hell Kenjaku is trying to do lol

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
If the merger happens and the series goes on for another year, we'll still have people trying to say Gege is rushing things even though he could have ended it all with Sukuna vs Gojo. 😔

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The merger is not happening requires all the characters to die

They're fighting Sukuna to stop it otherwise like Kusakabe said they will just learn to live with Sukuna

It's a reason for selfish and pragmatic characters to fight to fight sukuna

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I don't know, you don't introduce a concept like the merger and then just never do it. I wouldn't put it past Gege to do the merger but then find some way to undo it from the inside. I guess I just want to see it since we've had it as the main thing we're fighting against for some time now.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I think something related to the merger is going to happen. Megumi being the one who specifically has the power to start the merger is way too suspicious to me.

Plus Kenjaku is a liar who's been playing a long game for 1000 years. There might be a hidden condition related to the merger that involves Yuji and Sukuna or something.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
After Kenjaku takes over you'll have both Gojo and Geto's soul fragments holding him back so that Yuji or whoever can take him out.

Out of all the theories I've read so far, this is the most shonen one lol.

Yuta not beating the true mc allegations

Sorry Yuji

Yuji has been outshined by other characters in this series from the very start.

I feel like he just can't win, because someone else will always end up doing something way cooler than him.

He's the most unusual shonen protagonist I've come across because I've never seen other mangaka treat their MC like this.

Gojo was done dirty, he should've won. The whole fight was point for a victory, alas 🤷‍♂️

i think Gojo dying the way he did originally was just extremely poorly written but... it's long passed. It is what it is.

I've liked the story direction less and less as time goes on, and I'm not seeing anything that will overturn my opinion on that.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot there was a break this week. Was really hoping to see how Gege throw's another curveball at us. Maybe Uro drops a mountain on Sukuna when Gota can't seal the deal and Yuji is traumatized from the actual protagonist dying.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Merger might happen but I don't think there will be a merger arc. This arc has been 40+ chapters now, going straight to another fight against some kaiju sounds exhausting and pretty anti-climatic but then again Megumi has to use his DE at some point so I won't rule it out

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Gege is going full Evangelion and the last arc will be about the merger but there will be no fights, just Yuji having a really trippy mind bending experience as he finds happiness and learns to live for himself. We'll even get a scene of everyone clapping happily for him.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Merger might happen but I don't think there will be a merger arc. This arc has been 40+ chapters now, going straight to another fight against some kaiju sounds exhausting and pretty anti-climatic but then again Megumi has to use his DE at some point so I won't rule it out

He does?

Oct 27, 2017
Are we assuming Sukuna is the final boss? I figured once he died we'd get whatever Kenjaku was planning which will give Megumi something to do.
I don't see how the merger stuff happens. The conditions require every culling game player to die, which I can't see, because then there's no one to fight it

But who knows, Gege might have a random flashback introducing some bullshit binding vow gambit that allows it regardless

I'd be shocked if he doesn't tbh. Maybe my expectations will be 'subverted' but it's been set up for a while and the one thing left to him after Sukuna stole his body. Maybe I'm wrong but even as a Megumi hater, I'd expect him to do something
What exactly has set up Megumi using his DE?

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Merger is a kind of chekhov's gun, isn't it? No way it's not happening in one form or another.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Merger is a kind of chekhov's gun, isn't it? No way it's not happening in one form or another.

No cause it could just simply be a " the MCs have to stop the nukes from going off " scenario, Sukuna killing the main cast causes the merger (the end of the world) and that's what the main cast is trying to prevent

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
No cause it could just simply be a " the MCs have to stop the nukes from going off " scenario, Sukuna killing the main cast causes the merger (the end of the world) and that's what the main cast is trying to prevent
I guess. It wouldn't surprise me if Sukuna made a binding vow to make an incomplete merger though.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
We kinda saw his full potential and more via Sukuna, no? Pretty sure Mr. Suc was using his tech better than he ever would

Sukuna didn't really use 10 shadows all that well. All he did was spam Mahoraga and use the other shikigami as fodder.

Say what you want about Megumi, but post-Shibuya he was doing genuinely interesting things with 10 shadows (using shadows to teleport, using shadows to block attacks, trying to drown people inside the shadows, melding inside other people's shadows to follow them and take them out silently.)

Plus we've never seen a full power chimera shadow garden or the Volton fusion of every shikigami together.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
My prediction:
-Yutojo will manage to stun Sukuna with Infinite Void
-Yuji will connect to Megumi's soul again and convince him using the "Save me" speech Megumi used before revealing that Yuji has now begun to value his life
-Sukuna gets transferred back to Yuji
-Yuji fights Sukuna in that spirit realm where they first made their binding vow
-Yuji wins and awakens his DE
-Kenjaku revives in Gojo's body after the five minutes are up
-Megumi and Yuji defeat Kenjaku before he can complete the merger through some bullshit
-You are my Specialz

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
I don't see how the merger stuff happens. The conditions require every culling game player to die, which I can't see, because then there's no one to fight it

But who knows, Gege might have a random flashback introducing some bullshit binding vow gambit that allows it regardless

What exactly has set up Megumi using his DE?
Idk it being incomplete and used a few times before then makes me think we'll see a complete DE at some point and it's the one part of his kit we never saw Sukuna use

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sukuna didn't really use 10 shadows all that well. All he did was spam Mahoraga and use the other shikigami as fodder.

Say what you want about Megumi, but post-Shibuya he was doing genuinely interesting things with 10 shadows (using shadows to teleport, using shadows to block attacks, trying to drown people inside the shadows, melding inside other people's shadows to follow them and take them out silently.)

Plus we've never seen a full power chimera shadow garden or the Volton fusion of every shikigami together.

None of that matters when you're someone as strong as Sukuna fighting an "invincible" opponent in Gojo

Sukuna utilized (and actually tamed) Mahoraga better than Megumi ever could. All that other stuff you mentioned is cool in the sense of potentially dope choreography, but ultimately the only thing that matters is Mahoraga. That's Megumi's peak, the previously untameable shikigami, and we saw even further past that peak thanks to Sukuna.