• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
nothing is funnier than Steveson being an absolute fucking flop

Meltzer has been going on and on about him for so long lol

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
nothing is funnier than Steveson being an absolute fucking flop

Meltzer has been going on and on about him for so long lol
Meltzer is absolutely terrible at telling a wrestler's potential, especially in WWE. I remember when he was raving about how Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke had tons of potential, when in reality they were absolutely terrible. When Iyo, Kairi, and Dakota can't carry you to a good match, something is horribly wrong.

Caspel

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
I hope Corbin gets more time to try and recover in NXT. I always felt he has always been underappreciated in-ring and with his character/personas.

Chindogg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
More things showing why wrestling and in particular WWE is beating the odds

View: https://twitter.com/jordan_harper/status/1685789705269657600

I'm guilty of not really watching the matches 100%. I'll turn them on and only glance at them every minute. It's easy to do with as many commercials as they show. I might be misremembering things, but I feel like during the Attitude Era (the last time I watched before getting back into it recently) they never went to break during matches, only after.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017

Kinda aside the point but I don't get why the person who tweeted this is so disillusioned by this? I feel like a lot of TV has become so involved with overarching narrative threads and cinematic presentation that some TV that's just kinda more episodic turn your brain off fun beyond just the typical reality TV stuff would be welcomed. YouTube has become my kitchen background content while cleaning/cooking in the kitchen when I'm not in the mood to listen to music and I wouldn't mind some more professionally done content filling that void.

And yes RAW/Smackdown is almost aggressively made to be half if not quarter watched with its constant replays of segments and commentary set up. You can basically get the entire show in about 30 minutes. Makes going to their Tv Tapings live utterly mind numbing lol

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Yeah, a huge difference between WWE and AEW shows is that AEW are way more fun live unless you're in a shitty crowd section.

WWE tapings are boring as fuck outside of a few segments. The house shows are okay, and for both PPVs are great.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

who the fuck would do this for a show they haven't watched before

I could understand throwing on some old episodes of a classic show you've seen 10 times before and multi tasking, or having a long ass sports/wrestling broadcast and pulling out the phone

but a new, narrative show you haven't seen yet as background noise? telling writers to write a show with that in mind??? fuck me.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We will know how in hands Vince is with the product if they make Logan Paul win so Samantha says his name

Oct 8, 2019
Cant believe this guy's Cody Rhodes best friend

View: https://twitter.com/hollywoodhandle/status/1686158348616384514

who the fuck would do this for a show they haven't watched before

I could understand throwing on some old episodes of a classic show you've seen 10 times before and multi tasking, or having a long ass sports/wrestling broadcast and pulling out the phone

but a new, narrative show you haven't seen yet as background noise? telling writers to write a show with that in mind??? fuck me.

That's why narrative television is struggling, if you cant watch a show while distracted then your not watching a show.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Raw hyping up this dumb Brock Vs. Cody match. What a waste of air time. A silly feud that as far as I can tell, has never been explained.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Raw hyping up this dumb Brock Vs. Cody match. What a waste of air time. A silly feud that as far as I can tell, has never been explained.
Commentary has mentioned that Brock was jealous because Cody/Roman main evented at Mania over Brock/Omos.

Also Maxxine Dupri's finisher is a goddamn Ocean Cyclone Suplex.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I like Finn, but did Seth really ruin his career? If that didn't happen doubt he'd be in JD right now? 😂

Oct 27, 2017

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Funny how when Rhea gets in a fight her stable mates just have to watch cause they can't fight women, but she can attack their opponents lol. Not complaining obviously.