• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

uproject is the game's project file. They've basically given you the blueprints and the factory.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
Lmao I sorta love this sha
the MODDING that is much needed gonna come , easy to make new characters and prettier art styles

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
Is this basically the equivalent of unintentionally open-sourcing your game? Or what does this enable?

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit!

I don't think I've ever heard of this happening before.

Haha what an epic f up.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I trust the internet will do nothing creepy at all with easy access to these high quality models of muscular anime dudes.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
This game could be the next gift that keeps on giving, and not exactly because it's amazing, right?

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
271.png

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
If it's actually the whole project, that's more than just modding possibilities, thats having open access to the whole game.

Vark

Oct 27, 2017
It's the file Unreal uses to open a project but it just lists things like the project description and plugin dependencies the editor needs to open the project. unless the entire project folder is also included that's not super useful.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
It's basically the game in an uncompiled form

Not an expert and I've never used UE, but I'm pretty sure project files just hold project information. Like where all the source files and such are located.

For example, if I start writing a program in C++, then give you the cproject file that Visual Studio saves, you won't be able to do much with it. You might know that the program uses a file called physics.cpp, but you won't have the actual file physics.cpp to look at, change, or modify. You wouldn't be able to compile my project.

Unless the developers of Jump Force included all the source files as well, I imagine the uproject file is largely useless by itself.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this basically the equivalent of unintentionally open-sourcing your game? Or what does this enable?

No, this is the project container file. It's a file that contains a list of all the parts of a project in an easy to handle format, but not the actual files themselves.

A sorta comparison would be like how a .m3u playlist file would contain a list of all the songs in a playlist, but not the actual songs themselves. This goes a slight bit further with regards to UE4 thanks to their visual editor, but it's not really enough to get, really, anything of use. At best, you might be able to figure out some shader logic.

It's basically the game in an uncompiled form

Nope.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not an expert and I've never used UE, but I'm pretty sure project files just hold project information. Like where all the source files and such are located.

For example, if I start writing a program in C++, then give you the cproject file that Visual Studio saves, you won't be able to do much with it. You might know that the program uses a file called physics.cpp, but you won't have the actual file physics.cpp to look at, change, or modify. You wouldn't be able to compile my project.

Unless the developers of Jump Force included all the source files as well, I imagine the uproject file is largely useless by itself.
right, it's basically a JSON file, but with a slightly different format. It'll tell you, like, the name of the source code and the name of the project and things like that, but isn't the actual source or anything.

It's basically a metadata container for the project. Not the actual data.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
If it's just the uproject file without any of the actual asset files or anything like that it won't mean that much. You'll open it up and you can see all sorts of references to objects and files that aren't there, so I'm sure they can find some info. But it's not like the whole game is in there.

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017

yeah this might not be anything.
Other mods seem to be progressing though, there are people doing basic texture swaps right now.