purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
'until further notice'

When the pandemic is over, the bunny will cease jumping rope.

Johnzyboi

Nov 10, 2018
Here I was, ready to sell my Switch with Jump Rope Challenge installed for some big bucks.

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
I bet this'll happen with Mario lmao
"We love seeing all the enthusiasm for Mario's 35th anniversary! Starting April 1st all three of Mario's greatest adventures will be available on the store as 3 exciting individual packages. Each game can be purchased separately for the special post-anniversary price of $24.99. *$29.99 starting April 30th 2021."

wastingmyyouth

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
I don't understand...is it really costing them so much in bandwidth or server space? Are they planning a full-blown, paid sequel??

Just like Disney, false scarcity does not enhance your brand premium.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I don't understand...is it really costing them so much in bandwidth or server space? Are they planning a full-blown, paid sequel??
I really don't think it has to do with logistics at all.

It's probably just an experimental game they published, just to make sure employees can work remotely from home without any issues, and then plan to delist the game after everything has settled in place to continue working on actual titles in production.

After all, this game's budget is 0 dollars, since it's written in the spare time while the Nintendo developers are setting up for remote work and they just wanted to do some exercising at home, and came up with this game idea, pitched it in, and got approved.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I legit think Nintendo thought things would be back to normal now and this quirky little free "game" would no longer be relevant but here we are...