• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
The core design tenet of repeating a simple action at an ever-increasing speed has been one Nintendo have executed literally since they began making games.
The whole 50+ Game & Watch line is this without much variance in complexity throughout.
This has been a legitimate game design archetype for over 40 years but now all of a sudden it's "bad design" because you happened to struggle with it? No.
You probably meant 40 years ago lol. Show me recent masterpieces that make use of such mechanics.

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
You probably meant 40 years ago lol. Show me recent masterpieces that make use of such mechanics.
WarioWare_Gold_Cover.jpg

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I had problems using my thumb to do it so I put the controller in my lap and used my index finger. Easier for me to keep the rhythm that way.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really don't get this. But on the other hand I suck at things other people are good at.
So many people having problems with this is a bit baffling though.
Not your fault op, bad design. Moons like this are why this game isn't as good as Galaxys.
This is nonsense. Just because you suck at it doesn't make it bad design.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
My wife and I were playing through the game together and I popped the stars out of the jumprope game first try just trying to set a record for her to beat. She wasn't as good at it though.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did it my first or second time, thought it was quite easy. 100 with the volleyball on the other hand..

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Is there still any exploits/glitches that haven't been patched out to beat this thing? I've tried for close to 4 months straight and still can't beat it.

Ifrit

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to do the rope challenge and the volleyball challenge fair and square, was pretty close to quit trying, but it's doable

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017

I did it my next couple tries but this is an example of my salt.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Lol, I think I got to 90 something on my second try but never bothered trying again. I didn't go for 100% in Odyssey, but I did explore a lot and found like 500 something stars on my own.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
The trick is to use both your joycons in 2p mode. Get mario in the arena, use P2 as cappy, he moves way faster. It was the only way I that last moon.

Edit: I misread this as volleyball and not jump rope. Jump rope was super easy.