overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Piece of garbage Robert Kraft is confirmed to be shitty. Just gross.

I remember some people parroting his support of Meek Mill like it was somehow impressive. Snake.

junomars

Banned
Nov 19, 2018
It's obviously not rape by the definition of law, but the poster is completely accurate in calling it as such. If a women is being forced into prostitution, as was happening here, every person taking advantage of her services are essentially raping her. How can there be consent if the entire premise is without any to begin with? This is part of the reason why human trafficking is taken so seriously by law enforcement, and why people going to fake massage parlors are charged with a crime, because at least they can get them for something for being complicit in large scale victimization and rape of women.

Its a bit more nuanced than this legally.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
better get used to it, there are gonna be a lot pats fans saying stupid shit like that.

If we're all honest, we can admit that the same thing would be happening with any organization in any big American sport.

Sports fandom is disgustingly toxic. A quick look at Facebook sites for Boston and related news organizations shows a number of fans saying shit like, "Good on him!" and then, to be fair, other Patriots fans arguing and pointing out that it was related to a sex ring.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Kraft also had the agency not to rape a woman, yet here we are.

By pushing this issue into illegality you prevent any nuanced debate about sex work, causing much more harm than good in the process.
I don't know who this Kraft guy is and I also don't care, but he is not the problem, but rather a symptom of the problem. The actual problem has nothing to do with him.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Why would you go to Jupiter to get a prostitute, not that you should do it in places it's not legal it's just an odd location.

Anyway all that money and this is what he does with it. Shame.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Guys, this isn't a cute story about a sports owner you hate getting arrested for trying to pay for sex, this dude literally tried to buy a sex slave. He's worse than just a smug billionaire ass hole, he's a criminal that participates in human trafficking.

I'm all for decriminalizing sex work, but this guy should absolutely go to jail for this.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kraft probably lost his "make this disappear" privileges after speaking against the criminal justice system on behalf of Meek Mill.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I realize that they are but that doesn't tell us Kraft's involvement. Him only being charged with solicitation points to him not knowing beyond regular prostitution, which usually isn't rape.

You would never be able to prove that unless he was actively assisting in trafficking these women, which is a whole other set of crimes. The point is anyone who isn't a complete idiot knows exactly what is happening in a place like this, particularly someone like Kraft who is a highly educated executive. Yeah you can't prove that he knew, but you'd have to be incredibly naive to think otherwise.

reaganstein

Dec 13, 2017
If we're all honest, we can admit that the same thing would be happening with any organization in any big American sport.

Sports fandom is disgustingly toxic. A quick look at Facebook sites for Boston and related news organizations shows a number of fans saying shit like, "Good on him!" and then, to be fair, other Patriots fans arguing and pointing out that it was related to a sex ring.

When the original story broke and there was a reporter asking about an NFLowner/player being involved I was thinking how it literally could be all but one of the owners (green bay obv) and basically any player/coach and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

It will be interesting to see how Goodell handles this given his history with Kraft/the Patriots.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
If the organization is smart, they will force him to step down fucking immediately. Jonathan Kraft will then spend years trying to make up for his father being a scumbag.
Not familiar with the dude, but how has he's been a scumbag? Amongst NFL owners, I always thought he was one of the better ones, morally speaking. Always seemed very gracious in media appearances too.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
just saw a tweet that said Adam Schefter on ESPN said this isn't even the biggest name on the list.

Tiger Woods right now.

adfa-1.jpg

Not familiar with the dude, but how has he's been a scumbag? Amongst NFL owners, I always thought he was one of the better ones, morally speaking. Always seemed very gracious in media appearances too.

He is. This is his first big, massive fuck up. Oh, besides his friendship with Trump. But that stems from Kraft's wife dying and Trump being there to support him 24/7.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Not familiar with the dude, but how has he's been a scumbag? Amongst NFL owners, I always thought he was one of the better ones, morally speaking.

For this. Kraft has almost always been a well-liked guy.

If he is on video having sex with women who were forced into it via human trafficking, then he is officially a scumbag.

(Many would argue that his support of Trump already put him in that category.)

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Considering we know how much the Super Bowl is the worst time of the year for sex-trafficking, it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if a number of these billionaire team-owners/higher-ups have solicited prostitutes during that weekend over the years.

Jun 10, 2018
Lock his ass up and throw away the key. Propagating modern slave trade fuckery is an indefensible crime no matter how you slice it, and directly harms the most maligned in our society all because rich assholes think they can and should treat the lower class like trade chips.

What a fucking disgrace. I feel for and hope the victims of his actions can heal from this, but I know the damage is irreparable.

junomars

Banned
Nov 19, 2018
You would never be able to prove that unless he was actively assisting in trafficking these women, which is a whole other set of crimes. The point is anyone who isn't a complete idiot knows exactly what is happening in a place like this, particularly someone like Kraft who is a highly educated executive. Yeah you can't prove that he knew, but you'd have to be incredibly naive to think otherwise.

There's many willing men and women in prostitution. I don't know that there's automatically an assumption of trafficking.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Whats additionally fucked about this is, is how much of an advocate Robert Kraft is for fighting domestic violence

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mr. Kraft is a victim here. How is he supposed to know the parlor is involved with trafficking? Dude was just trying to get a happy ending.
There's no such thing as a fully consensual happy ending. All Asian massage parlors that engage in the sex trade consist of people who are trafficked in and working off five figure debt to their traffickers.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
Anyone else wondering why Kraft would go to this particular "massage parlor"? If you're Kraft, this doesn't seem like something you choose by opening up a phonebook.

rockinreelin

Oct 27, 2017
I wish it was a rule on this board that OP's cannot be just an embedded tweet. It seems to be pretty wide spread and known that a lot of users cannot view embedded tweets for various reasons. Copy the tweet, give your thoughts on the tweet, something; don't just post a tweet. Please. Thank you.

Embedding tweets without pasting the text below or just posting tweets as a reply to a post should be a bannable offense. I'm so sick of this shit lol.