• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trevorrow (who also wrote the screenplay with Emily Carmichael) explains that it was hard to find reference points for this sequel, which diverges entirely from the park/island-based Jurassic formula.

"This is a rare film where it is so different from anything that I've ever seen before, I didn't know what to watch as inspiration," he tells Total Film in the new issue of the magazine, which features Black Adam on the cover. "Honestly, we watched a lot of nature documentaries. I watched a lot of Planet Earth. The movie does rely on the animals acting and reacting in ways that feel natural."
And as for how the original Park cast (Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum) will crossover with Howard and Chris Pratt, Trevorrow promises something unique again. "Laura, Sam, and Jeff have as much screentime in the film as Bryce and Chris do," Trevorrow explains of the cast split. "They're not together the entire time, but we are following both of their stories equally, and you have a sense that they're going to collide at a certain point... there's this tension. It's not structured necessarily in a way that we're used to seeing our Hollywood movies structured. But it works."

More at:
www.gamesradar.com

Bryce Dallas Howard is in deep trouble in this world-first exclusive image from Jurassic World Dominion

Director Colin Trevorrow tells Total Film the sequel is "so different from anything I’ve ever seen before"

Lock if 65 million years old

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
"Honestly, we watched a lot of nature documentaries. I watched a lot of Planet Earth. The movie does rely on the animals acting and reacting in ways that feel natural."
It's not structured necessarily in a way that we're used to seeing our Hollywood movies structured. But it works."

They are going to introduce a cute puppy-eyed companion Dino aren't they...

Oct 27, 2017
Twist, they're all in it for 10 minutes before being killed off and the little clone girl who unleashed untamed genetic monstrosities on the populous is the real star.

This will be a train wreck, Trevorrow really sucks so much with writing these.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
Sounds like it is going to be filmed like a big-budget, 2-hour episode of game of thrones where the characters are in their own storylines but might "meet" at some point.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I mean the silver lining of nostalgia is it seems to be combating hollywood ageism. These older actors can always look forward to a paycheck in these big blockbusters that can't move forward.

Serpico99

Oct 29, 2017
NYC
Interesting to see an OP derail his/her/they own thread. Anyways I just need to see a trailer to hold judgement. I'm expecting it won't be good though.

Last edited:

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
No one told me Ralph Fiennes was in this

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
So Howard and Pratt are barely in this one, is what I'm reading from this

Oct 15, 2021
What exactly did Chris Pratt due to deserve this?

edit - because of this thread I now know Chris Pratt is married to Arnold Schwarzenegger's daughter. That is fascinating.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
i'll see this movie in theaters and likely regret it but dinosaurs on an imax screen are cool

i am genuinely curious though how they think a few thousand dinos will be a threat to humanity, one of the points of the original book was that the dinos were on an island to protect THEM, mankind would wipe out dinosaurs again easy if they were let loose.

Joliet Jake

Oct 27, 2017
[Sequel Movie]: "[actress], [actor], and [actor] have as much screentime in the film as [lead actress] and [lead actor] do", says [Director]

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, we all loved the first movie but moves like this don't mean shit at this point. this will be garbage.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
[Sequel Movie]: "[actress], [actor], and [actor] have as much screentime in the film as [lead actress] and [lead actor] do", says [Director]

I can figure this one out.

[Revenge of the Nerd Sequel]: "[Gina Carano], [Kevin Sorbo], and [Kevin Spacey] have as much screentime in the film as [Roseanne Bar] and [Jon Voight] do", says [Roman Palanski]

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing Trevorrow keeps getting Jurassic Park films. Taking lessons from JJ Abrams on failing up

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
The dinos have feathers or fully nude again?
They have some (inaccurately) feathered ones in that preview short they put out, but since they canonically established that the JP dinos are gene-spliced monsters and aren't "real" dinosaurs within the context of the film, don't expect to ever see realistic feathers.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to laugh if this movie ends up treating its original three leads better than the Star Wars ST did.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
The dinos are gonna act like real animals in this movie?

So no dreamworks smirk when one succesfully lures a human hunter into his cage? Aw, shucks.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Dumb that the name is censored - is that automatic or did OP self censor lol

Anyways hyped for more Jurassic park/world

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I still haven't seen Jurassic World 2, but my understanding is that a breakaway from the formula of that film is probably a good thing overall. This is also the first I'm hearing about the original cast returning, but that doesn't excite me as much as it should - we've had at least one original cast member in all the sequel films but Jurassic World, and none of those were great.